Chapter Three

Can I Stay?

Hi!!! I’m back with chapter three hahaha. I will give some notes here, the italic part can be someone talking in the phone or flashback. I hope you guys understand it, but don’t hesitate to ask me if you feel confuse and having question J and I highly suggest to listen the song I recommended below^^

Happy reading!

 

 

 

“Tomorrow at twelve? I don’t think so I can.”

“So? What time do you can? I’m all free tomorrow.”

Hyukjae chuckled when he heard a small grumbling while keep writing something on the paper on his desk. His left hand was busy holding his phone while his right hand is writing something about his work. He stopped for a while to think the right answer.

“Maybe I can for dinner. Is it okay for you?”

The guy in line was laughing and shouting a loud YEAY! And Hyukjae could imagine he is jumping around his living room now with his sheet mask on his face. Just hearing it, Hyukjae feels warm and all relax. He automatically smiling while thinking what kind of expression the guy made after that and wondered if he changed his hair color again or not but decided to save the question. He prefers to see it later with his own eyes.

“I can. Just send me where the restaurant located and explain a bit about the direction from my place.”

“Okay.”

Hyukjae moves to another paper and does the same thing. Sometimes he will raise his eyebrows when he read something odd and not as what he wanted. But mostly, he will just adding some notes while concentrating to talk with the guy in his phone.

“Do you have something to do on Friday?” And when Hyukjae replied with a hum as a yes, he continued,  “Is it important? I really want to eat lunch together with you before I back to Tokyo.”

Hyukjae smiled widely upon that doesn’t care eventhough he knows the guy can’t see it since they are doing voice call, not video call. In this, he stopped writing and put his pen aside. He sits straighter with a happy face obviously showed but he immediately sighing when he heard the question and remembering his schedules.

“I really can’t. Sorry.” He sighs again when he remembers what he has to do for tomorrow evening but before the guy sulked, he adds quickly, “But I’ll go to Tokyo soon. Remember it right?”

“Yeah. Two months more. Soon, Hyukjae.” The guy said in a mocking tone.

If only he didn’t have any schedules for the days ahead, he will willingly spend more of his time with this guy. But tomorrow he has an important meeting and another loads of job waiting for him. But thinking about it… tomorrow is the first session of his meeting with their mediator. Yeah, their. He and Lee Donghae, his soon to be ex-husband.

He is really sure with his decision. He wants this. He wants to divorce and living apart from Donghae. No matter how hard his family try to convince him and how his mom begs for him to stay and continuing to live with Donghae. No he doesn’t want to think anymore.

It has been two months since he was away from the man and Hyukjae has to said he is really happy and enjoy every single day without him.

Of course, Hyukjae realised he has a lot of stress caused from his work and that’s why he hoped for his husband could understand him more. Unfortunately, Donghae didn’t. His husband started to forget to wash their dishes when he knows how Hyukjae loves having clean house and Donghae even burnt his new shirt because the guy forgot he was ironing when someone rang the ball which was lately he knew it was  Ryeowook. They chatted happily and there was it, his supposed to be worn shirt became nothing.

They started to argue because Lee Donghae kept making mistakes and Hyukjae kept complaining over the small things. Then, the supposed-to-be small problems became big and having quarells was the peak, which happened two months ago.

Hyukjae felt bored whenever he was with Donghae and two years were enough for him. No, this divorce is not causing by the third person eventhough Hyukjae kinda started to like the guy he was talking with in the phone. His name is Henry.

He knew Henry from directing the boygroup in Japan. Henry is the group’s manager and he can speak Korean when the group can’t so Hyukjae kept communicating to him –since his Japanese isn’t fluent– and Henry would translated it to the group.

Henry is cute, charming, funny, smart, and loves to tell jokes. He can connect very well with what Hyukjae actually meant and they started to hangout since they felt connected and comfortable with each other.

They started to having breakfast together in Japan and strolling around to find souvenirs –for Hyukjae’s family and friends– while talking about their life. They started to talking about things unrelated to their work and Hyukjae never thought he could be comfortable eventhough they were met for a while.

Henry is still single, which was surprised Hyukjae. They started become closer until there was time when Henry without hesitant hugging Hyukjae and had a lot of skinships with him.

But along with it, Hyukjae never told him about he has married and is in progress to divorce. Hyukjae didn’t feel any use of telling him that so they keep going like that.

Henry is a mixed of Korean and Japanese. He has spent three days in Korean and started from the first day, they didn’t have much time to meet each other. Hyukjae is really busy and they just can talk by video call or calling. They barely have time to hangout together.

In the midst of doing his work, Hyukjae groaned when suddenly his phone played When God Made You. Oh, that song used to be his favorite since he sang it with Donghae during their wedding party which was chose by Donghae. The song has meaningful lyrics and he remembers how he practiced so hard because he really loves the guy. But now as he is going to divorce, this song is the worst.

Hyukjae is sure he doesn’t love Donghae anymore. Just by saying his name or looking through his photo, Hyukjae wants to roll his eyes. Not that he hates him, he just wants to divorce quickly and be free.

 He can’t say he is in love with Henry but it’s clear he loves having him around.

.

.

.

 

Next day…

He was arrived half an hour before the session started. He looked at the room which was mostly covered with white color and rolled his eyes. Boring.

Hyukjae kept playing with his smartphone until he heard the door being opened by someone. He raised his head and widened his eyes when he saw who that someone is. The guy smiling while take-off his blue thick coat and placing it on the hanger provided. He then walked to the chair beside Hyukjae and sat.

He is the mediator.

Kim Heechul.

The mediator chosen by his family –he is sure this was his mom’s idea– to listen to their problems for three session and giving suggestion so they will re-think about the decision. God, he knows who this man is and he feels sick all of a sudden.

.

“Hi Lee! No need to be that tense!” The guy hits his shoulder playfully.

Kim Heechul is his sister’s friend. He worked as a lawyer and mediator and one of the well-known mediator in Seoul. Hyukjae groaned inside and held himself from throwing curses. He should be predicted this would happen when his mom suggested for having mediator before the actual divorce and he cursed himself for being stupid to agree without thinking.

Of course, his mom is playing smart and his sister surely find all the ways to make his mom reached her goals.

. . .

This will be hard. Kim Heechul is a really smart person and won’t going easy on everyone, proofed by how many families cancelled their divorcing form and decided to back to each other. This Kim Heechul…

Relax, Hyukjae. This is not going to effect you. Go ahead. Kim Heechul will fail this time.

Ten minutes before the time to start, Donghae finally arrived. He widened his eyes when he saw Heechul and didn’t know how to react when his gaze met with Hyukjae –who just looked at him with uninteresting gaze.

“Hi, Donghae. Do you remember me?” Heechul greets while keep looking at Donghae. His eyes pierced when he saw how the man condition is. “Are you okay? Why your face is so pale, Hae?”

Hyukjae scrunched his nose but admit how pale Donghae is. Well, in his opinion, his soon-to-be ex-husband doesn’t change eventhough they had lived separately almost two months. Maybe just his face that pale and… he doesn’t look fine.

But it’s not because of him, right?

Hell no.

Donghae –under the table– fisted his coat. Trying to calm himself and prevent himself to cry in front of Hyukjae. This is their first meet after two months and Donghae can’t describe how he really misses him and that desire to hug and kiss him are big. He really wants to throw himself to Hyukjae’s arm and feel the warm on his body.

But Hyukjae doesn’t seem so and Donghae feels stupid for that. For having so much love and hopes when the other is clearly not. It is clearly show on Hyukjae’s face that he can’t wait for their divorce and it hurts him even more. Hyukjae doesn’t want him.  

“Hae?”

“I-I’m still remember you. H-heechul hyung, right?” He smiled awkwardly when Heechul clapped his hands and asking one more time if he is okay. “I am fine. W-we can start.”

Heechul sighs but decided to start. “Well, I’m happy when your mom called me, Hyukjae. But never expected she called me for this.” His tone is low, showing he is sad for the couple. His eyes becomes softer when he saw Donghae lowered his head. “You guys were looking so happy when I met both of you for the first time in the wedding party and even after.”

Hyukjae turned his head to the opposite side and trying not to be effected by every single words. True that his family was inviting Heechul to their wedding party, since he is Sora’s best friend. He remembered Heechul giving many advices to keep harmony and long-lasting relationship.

“But before I started further, I want all of us watch your wedding party video.”

Hyukjae turned his head and stared at Heechul angrily. He is not coming for watching his wedding party video and waste hours for that.

“Hyung! We don’t need that! I don’t give my ing time to this!”

Donghae lowered his head even more and bites his lower lip. His vision has been blurred but he tried his best to calm and be strong while Heechul laughed mockingly to Hyukjae.

“If you don’t like it, then don’t watch and you may go.”

Hyukjae standing harshly and was ready to go when suddenly he heard Heechul muttered, “But you know you won’t going to the next step because I’ll make a report of your bad behavior so your divorce would be delayed.”

.

Hyukjae sits back to his chair and clenched his jacket. Heechul started to play the wedding video –Hyukjae didn’t need to ask him from who he got that– and in short, the video showed on the large TV they have in that mediation room. He just played the important moment, the strongest part in his opinion.

Showing from how their pre-wedding pictures taking beautifully, the behind the scenes which full of laughter and happiness, the preparation for the wedding day which shown how both of them were nervous and even can’t eat properly but still smiled happily.

Then, it comes to the part when they were facing each other and started to say their vow out loud. Hyukjae looked so nervous but excited at the same time and Donghae was almost the same.

“I, Lee Hyukjae, promised to be with you, Lee Donghae, forever. Even if our lives will be up or down, even if you’re sick, even if you’re sad, you will always have my back to lean. I’ll be there for you, loving you, and trying my best to make you happy. I’ll love and protect you forever, Hae.”

Heechul keeps observing how both of the men expression change every seconds. He could see Donghae’s eyes are watery meanwhile Hyukjae keeps his stern face.

He looked back at the video. There were Hyukjae and Donghae, standing facing each other, smiling with affectionate gaze and wearing the same white tuxedo. There were also both families, friends, colleagues attended. The wedding was taking in Jeju and held near the beach. It was a beautiful evening with a nice weather and two men were promised to be with each other no matter what. Looking so pure yet meaningful.

“I, Lee Donghae, promised to always stay by your side, Lee Hyukjae. No one can guarantee our lives will be perfect but I know we’ll make it be. I will stay with you even if you’re sick or poor. I’ll always love you a-and—“

Donghae choked with his tears and in front of him, Hyukjae also started to cry. It was so touching until some of the guests started to cry too and their mothers were the same. “I’ll always thankful for having you as my boyfriend and husband. You’re precious and I’m so lucky to have you, Hyukjae.”

Heechul silently smiled when he saw Hyukjae turned his head from the TV and he caught the glint of tears in his eyes. But Donghae is worst. He still lowered his head and staring blankly to the floor. Heechul doesn’t know what’s going on in his mind but he choose to be silent.

Heechul looked at the TV again and smiled when he remembers what Sora told him at that time.  

Hyukjae took a deep breath before he started to sing their wedding song. It was his first time to sing in front of a lot of people. He is nervous but the squeezed on his hand made him smiled and confidence and he realised he is not singing for the guests but for his love. His husband. Lee Donghae.

Finally he sang. He could hear some giggles because just by hearing his voices, all of the guests knew he was nervous. His voice was shaken a bit but he tried his best to cover it as lyrics by lyrics he sang. His voice was not beautiful. He was not a good singer. But since Donghae asked him to sing on their wedding day, he did.

Oh I wonder what God

Was thinking…

When He created you

They kept looking through each other eyes and when it was Donghae’s turn, Hyukjae moving a bit closer and placed a hand to wrap his husband waist.

I wonder if He

Knew everything I would need

Because he made all my dreams come true

When God made you…

He must have been thinking about me

Donghae was vice versa. He was a quite good singer and has such a beautiful voice but he kept smiling and even Hyukjae’s arm as in a manner to couraging his husband.

He made the sun

He made the moon

To harmonize a perfect tune

One can’t move without the other

They just have to be together

The tears coming back when they almost reached the last lyrics. And with a beautiful sound of a piano and saxophone be played, they continued, “When God made you, He must have been thinking about me~”

Claps and cheering were heard when Hyukjae slowly sticked their forehead and without being told twice, he kissed Donghae. In a beautiful evening with the background of sunset. Two men decided to live together. In front of hundreds people, they promised to start the new chapter with love. Hoping they would stay together forever and always loving each other.

Hyukjae hugged Donghae’s waist, deepened their kiss while his tongue playfully Donghae’s hot mouth. He gave the last to Donghae’s bottom lip before they letting each other off but still close to each other.

A tears escaped from Donghae’s eyes when he saw what Hyukjae whispered after that kiss. “I love you.” Which is not applicable anymore now.

I love you.

No one knows how bad he wants to hear it being said now. He wants Hyukjae to say it again, he wants to hear it. He wants to say that three words to Hyukjae and wants the other to reply the same thing, like they used to be.  

Heechul decided it was enough and cleared his throat. “Well,” He shifts his gaze to Hyukjae.  “How do you feel after watching that, Hyukjae?”

“Hyung,” Hyukjae turned his head and with a determined stare, he answered, “I want nothing but to divorce. Please make it happen as soon as you can and stop wasting my time.”

Donghae feels embarrassed because he thought Hyukjae would change his mind. Hyukjae’s voice was still as stern as before and Donghae couldn’t help but feeling even more sad. Heechul sighed while muttering, “Let’s do this. Remember about why both of you decided to marry each other and both of your vows. All the good things and funny things you’ve experienced.”

Heechul turned his eyes to Donghae and was surprised when he saw how pale Donghae is. It looked like he was ready to faint anytime soon but keeping himself to be strong. Heechul can sense Donghae is really tired and needed to rest. He can’t continue the session if Donghae condition is like that so he said, “Please think it again, both of you. Divorce is not the only way to make up your problems. Think again about what you guys have experienced and good times of having each other.” And with heavy-heart he said, “I want to hear both of you opinions in our next meeting.”

Hyukjae quickly standing and closed the door harshly. Without he knew, Donghae was fainting when he tried to stand but luckily, Heechul caught him on time. He took Donghae to the hospital and dialed Ryeowook’s number –as he saw Ryeowook is the person who Donghae often to call from his calls history.

.

Thanks for reading, subscribing, commenting, and upvoting this story^^ how was the song? Is it good combined with this story? Anyway, have a nice day! ^^