Chapter Seventeen

Can I Stay?

Hyukjae can’t think much that time. He just stand in front of Donghae’s room, waiting for the doctor to come out. His eyes staring blankly to the door but his hands rubbing his daughter’s back softly because both his babies keep crying since they arrived. After all, Hyukjae was disturbed their sleep.

Donghyuk is in Donghwa’s arms at the back, still crying but not as loud as Haru. Sometimes Hyukjae believes his babies know and understand what is happening on their surrounding. Just like now, they know how stressful the situation is because once again… Donghae’s life is in danger.

A sobs that came to his ear attracts Hyukjae’s attention. He shifts his head and finds Donghae’s mom sitting on the chair, crying with Donghwa on her left side.

Hyukjae too, feels worried and scared. This situation never been easy for them. All the doubts, fears, stress are surfacing again but nothing could make Hyukjae cries. Not now when his babies cry and Donghae’s mom feels down.

But it doesn’t mean Hyukjae is strong. He can’t even find couraging words for them. He can’t even convince himself.

He just trying to look fine so the condition won’t be worse. He just trying to be calm though the question never stopped being asked.

What if Donghae… left us?

The thought of running and hide himself in empty yet dark place is so tempting. Hyukjae wants to pour his cries and doubt. Hyukjae wants to barge in and find the answer by himself. He wants to scream to Donghae, asked him to stay alive because there is no divorce and they will live with their mini family. That they have two cute babies to be raised.

Babies…

Hyukjae kisses Haru’s cheek and wipes her tears. He tries to smile and whispers, “Everything will be fine. Appa is going to be okay.” Hyukjae closed his eyes while kissing Haru’s forehead. She is still sobbing but Hyukjae doesn’t stop to pamper his daughter with kisses. “Good girl. Stop crying, okay? Appa and Papa will be very sad if you and Donghyuk keep crying.” He is trying to convince his daughter but at the same time, it’s also him who is not really convince.

What if…

Half an hour later, Doctor Park stepped out with sweats around her forehead but a small smile tugging on her lips. Hyukjae quickly stands to approach the doctor. Before he has a chance to ask, the doctor said, “Donghae-ssi is fine now. We succeed to got him back and now his heartbeat is back to normal.” She pats Hyukjae’s shoulder when slowly a smile finally could be stretched from his lips.

“But still, we don’t know when will he open his eyes. I hope the best for him.”

Hyukjae doesn’t say anything as he storms to the room and checking Donghae’s condition. Everything looks fine as if nothing has happened. Donghae still closing his eyes with his blanket cover until his stomach but the thing that makes Hyukjae relax is the monitor showing that Donghae’s heartbeat is still working instead of a straight line.

For now, hearing Donghae’s heartbeat is better. Hyukjae knows he couldn’t ask for more but he keeps praying for Donghae to open his eyes soon.  

The rest of the night passed with the babies and Donghae’s mom slept in the couch while Donghwa slept by sitting on the chair and Hyukjae… he just sit on the floor facing Donghae with his eyes wide opened even until the sun raised.

He doesn’t feel tired or hungry though he hasn’t eaten or slept for a bit. He doesn’t feel it because his fear is bigger than those. He is afraid if he slept or leave the room, Donghae’s condition will be like a few hours ago.

Hyukjae shifts his eyes to Donghyuk when the baby boy makes a small whine but not long after that, he smiles cutely which leads Hyukjae to chuckle. He caressing his son’s head.

“Donghyuk is having a nice dream, hm? What is that? Is it a fluffy bear who tickling you?” Hyukjae only smiles when there is no one in the room replied to him.

He sniffles the baby’s smell to peck the chubby cheek then returns to his position before. If only Donghae opens his eyes and sees how beautiful and cute their babies are… Hyukjae really sure Donghae will fall in love with them.

Though Hyukjae is not sure Donghae wants to re-build their family with him yet he wants Donghae to stay alive. To not close his eyes. To not stay in the hospital. To not making him afraid with the thought of Donghae can leave anytime.

Hyukjae hates it. He hates the thought of losing Donghae. He hates himself because he doesn’t know when Donghae can open his eyes. He hates this situation.

But on the other side, Hyukjae also understands if this might be the punishment for him. Or karma. Whatever it is, Hyukjae realised he deserves it because he messed up everything. Because he had put Donghae in pain. He had hurt Donghae.

Donghae… can you open your eyes and punish me afterwards?

I want you to be alive. I want you to see our babies. I want to see your eyes and your smile.

I need you.

 

.

.

.

  

“Thank you.” said Hyukjae when Jongwoon comes and brings him a cup of hot chocolate. The wind blows softly doesn’t make them shivers eventhough the morning is cold. Both Hyukjae and Jongwoon just sit on the park’s bench with a cup of chocolate in each hand.

Jongwoon shifts his head to take a better look on Hyukjae. There is nothing much change of the director. He doesn’t dye his hair. He doesn’t gain weight. However, just looking at his face, everyone can tell how miserable he is.

This sight… Jongwoon exhales. It feels familiar yet unfamiliar for him. Familiar because it is the same expression he had seen on Donghae’s face for months. He remembers vividly how pale Donghae’s look and he couldn’t pass the day without thinking or crying because of Hyukjae.

And now, the same expression is showed on Hyukjae’s face. The sadness, the blank glance… it’s not look like Hyukjae who wanted to divorce from Donghae. Hyukjae who he used to know was someone who was really willing to do anything to be separated from Donghae. He used to know Hyukjae as someone who only cared for works but not Donghae. The selfish, arrogant, and annoying Hyukjae. Thus, this is so unfamiliar to him.

“Do you miss Donghae?” Jongwoon asked, turning his head to see the kids who are running here and there, laughing and jumping happily.

Hyukjae doesn’t answer immediately. He takes a deep breath, letting the fresh air to be inhaled and relaxing his mind with the view. Two minutes passed when he muttered in his low voice, “I do.” Hyukjae chuckles bitterly. “I prefer to be tortured by fully awake Donghae rather than this. With all the uncertain feeling…  even doctor Park can’t tell when will he open his eyes.”

Jongwoon taps Hyukjae’s shoulder in hope it can give a strength to the director. He doesn’t have anything to say but at least, he wants to comfort Hyukjae.

“Although I was angry with your act when you kept wanting to divorce, I’m glad that you realise you are still loving him.” He throws his empty cup to the trash bin nearby and continuing, “Disappointment always comes in the end but it doesn’t mean you can’t fix it. Of course, things can be solved when you put effort and really eager to fix.”

Jongwoon smiles when Hyukjae just staring at him quietly. He crossed his legs to be more comfortable. It’s been a few weeks since the last time they met. Actually Jongwoon just came back from Osaka, he went there for doing some shooting for his upcoming project.

“Donghyuk and Haru are cute and smart. Now I know why my boyfriend willing to take a lot of their pictures.”

Hyukjae chuckles. Of course, Ryeowook ran to his babies after he talked with Donghae, hoping his best friend to recover and awake soon. Kim Ryeowook succeed to mask his sadness with a small smile and quickly turned to Donghyuk and Haru, squealing like a teenage girl when he saw the two babies slept with their cute pyjamas.

He didn’t cry at that time but Hyukjae knows they are on the same boat. The anxiety and the sadness. They just try to look alright.

“To be honest, I am so impressed with the way you manage your time, Hyukjae. How you divide your attention to Donghae but not neglect your babies, that’s so great.”

Hyukjae raised his head to look at the clear sky. “Will be better and greater if Donghae is here, hyung.” His face might not really showing all his doubts but his eyes does.

The silence that stays for a while is break when another footsteps come. Ryeowook stands in front of Hyukjae with his straight face, he doesn’t smile also doesn’t look angry.

“Can you leave us for a while? I want to talk to him.” Ryeowook shifts his gaze to his boyfriend who is surprised and confused by his sudden request. Well, who expected his lover wnts to talk with Hyukjae? Not even Jongwoon.

Jongwoon was about to open his mouth which Ryeowook knew what his boyfriend going to say so he cut in time, “I’m not going to hit him. I just want to talk for a few minutes.”

Realising there is no use for him to resist the other, he nods and walks back inside. Leaving two of them at the park. Somehow, he trusts Ryeowook won’t jump on Hyukjae anymore when he recalls the way Ryeowook stared at him. Maybe he just wanted to talk about the twins or another small talk to make up their relationship as friend? Either way, Jongwoon hopes this will lead to a good thing.

Ryeowook sits himself beside Hyukjae with a distance maintain between them. The wind blows harder but it didn’t change the younger’s expression. He is unpredictable, Hyukjae thought but doesn’t think to runaway.

“How’s work?” Ryeowook breaks the silence again. His eyes still looking at the flowers acrossed them.

“All is fine. I’m trying to reduce my work.” Hyukjae didn’t notice when Ryeowook smiled a bit, feeling happy because he knows the reason of Hyukjae’s choice. “What about you?”

“Same like you, all is fine.” Ryeowook taps his fingers to his lap. He has predicted they will be awkward since that fight but that’s not what he was going to talk now. Ryeowook has known Hyukjae for quite a long time and considers the director as his best friend because he is kind and got along well with Jongwoon and himself. When Donghae married to Hyukjae, their relationship as two couples became even stronger.

Double date seemed so fun for them. They could go to cinema together, visit a café or restaurant, have a short vacation whether it was in another city of Korea or other country, or simply hiking and doing camping together. It was a beautiful memory that Ryeowook wishes to happen again.

“Heechul hyung said you want to cancel the divorce.” Ryeowook looks at Hyukjae attentively as he continued, “I’m not against you since Donghae will be so happy if he knows. But Hyukjae, if you are really going to do it, please promise me to never broke his heart again.”

Hyukjae stares at Ryeowook with determining gaze. “I won’t repeat my stupid action, Ryeowook.” Hyukjae lowers his head as what he had done replayed in his mind. He admits he was doing such a stupid actions. He hurt Donghae with his words and acts. He left Donghae when the male was pregnant. He didn’t even care when Donghae clearly looked so sad with his decision.

It was so stupid that Hyukjae can’t forgive himself until Donghae is the one who forgives him later.

Ryeowook exhaling the fresh air and smiles widely although his eyes are teary because reminding Donghae’s condition right now. For weeks he held himself to come because he was afraid if he comes alone without Jongwoon, he would break into crying mess. Luckily, he can control himself today with Jongwoon constantly reminded him to not cry and be strong.

“Take care of yourself too, Hyukjae. Since you are a father of twins and obviously you are taking care of them too, your energy and health must be priority.”

From afar behind the wall, Jongwoon smiles as he lets out a sigh of relieve. Although Ryeowook and Hyukjae still look awkward beside each other, at least he can say both of them have made up.

Jongwoon walks back to Donghae’s room and find that Donghae’s mom is changing Donghyuk’s diaper. He helps the woman to take out the new diaper and pants. After that he carries Haru –who is demanding for her milk– and stand beside Donghae’s bed. The beautiful baby girl didn’t fidget around Jongwoon’s arms, she looks so calm and easy-going. And Jongwoon can see she inherints Donghae’s cheeky side.

So when Donghae’s mom carrying Donghyuk and said she has something to buy at the mini mart and will bring Donghyuk along with her, Jongwoon sits and whispers to the baby girl’s ear, “This is yours and Donghyuk’s appa. The man who gave birth to you and your brother.” He shifts his body to help the little girl to see Donghae’s face closer.

Within five minutes, Haru has emptied her milk bottle. Jongwoon chuckles when the little girl frowned at his voice but he doesn’t say anything. He choose to stand while he imitates a baby’s voice, “Appa, please wake up! Uncle Jongwoon has bought tickets to Hawaii. We can go there with Papa, Donghyuk, Uncle Ryeowook, and Uncle Jongwoon. Haru will wait for Appa so please wake up soon, okay?”

Jongwoon touches the little girl’s hand and motions it to caress Donghae’s cheek with the small hand. The little girl doesn’t understand anything but gradually, she smiles when she feels the soft skin.

“And please remember that Papa loves Appa. We love Appa, too.” Jongwoon stopped when Haru yawned and whines, a sign that the baby starts to feel sleepy. He carries the baby girl to stand beside the window that face the view of the city without knowing he has missed something.

And please remember that Papa loves Appa. We love Appa, too.

The other male absorbs those sentences as his fingers moves slowly. But as he trying to fight to open his eyes, he is still so weak and fails. In a mere of three seconds, he stopped moving his fingers and everyone just think that he still in his deep sleep, not knowing there was small progress a few moments ago.

 

.

.

.

 

Hyukjae sighs in relieve when he finally succeed to make the twins sleep. It is way too late and he is surprised when he saw the clock which the short hand pointed at two while the long hand is at one.

02.05 A.M

The twins sleep together with him tonight since they kept crying and fidgety when Hyukjae put them in their room. Guess the babies wanted to be close with their Papa tonight and Hyukjae feeling genuinely happy to know it.

His mother-in-law is sleeping in Donghae’s room because she is not feeling well so Donghwa is the only person who taking care of Donghae in the hospital today. Hyukjae grabs his phone, about to ask if everything is good but he realises it is too late and Donghwa might be sleeping now.

He just prayed everything will be well. Though it was so late, Hyukjae not yet feeling sleepy. He reached for his drawer, pulling something out of there. A blue velvet box with two rings inside. Engraved with their names since it is so special for them. Two rings that was bounding them to each other.

Hyukjae takes the smaller size, glancing at the beautiful yet simple ring with sad eyes. He remembers everything. From the beginning of their first met until how he treated the younger badly. He remembers how he put the ring to Donghae’s finger on their wedding day and how happy Donghae looked that day.

Everything seemed so good and fun. How their families congratulated them, how their best friends hugged them, how both of them looking for a good journey in marriage life without any thought of separation because they just really trusted each other.

Then, the storm came and messed everything. The storm that created by Hyukjae. Thinking about it now, Hyukjae fully-awake on how insensitive he was.

Though he had a lot of works that time, though he felt the burdened on his shoulders kept on weighing him, though he felt so restless, he shouldn’t have fought or giving bad comments to Donghae. The works, tiredness, and deadline were blinded him. He couldn’t separate between work place and home.

He shouldn’t have mad at Donghae when the younger forgot to wash the dishes or made the bland pasta. He shouldn’t screamed at Donghae when asking him to spend more time together and put aside his work. Donghae was asking that because he cared for his health.

How stupid I was…

Hyukjae caressing the beautiful ring. He remembers every moments of them. Including the one where Donghae returned the ring to him. Where he also saw Donghae cried so hard and it was just so heartbreaking.

Hyukjae never expected Donghae to return the ring or moved out from their house but everything becomes clear now. Because Donghae doesn’t want to force him and becomes a burden. Because Donghae can stand on his own feet. Because Donghae is so kind.

Looking at the ring in his hand making Hyukjae furrows his eyebrows. The ring doesn’t look that attractive when its owner doesn’t wear it. Secretly, Hyukjae asking himself if he will be able to make Donghae wear it again and living with him as a happy family.

Hyukjae stares at the other ring in the box. The ring that has Donghae’s name engraved on it. The ring he had worn for around two years.

Hyukjae regrets every single mistakes he had done to Donghae. Including how easy he was to take-off the ring and treated it like it was nothing when Donghae struggled the most. Unconciously, the tears streaming down his cheeks. He manages to not make any sound that can wake his babies.

Seeing the ring now, it is so tempting him to wear it again. The ring that reminds him who he belongs to. The ring that reminds him to the person he loves. The person who still fight in the hospital –he believes Donghae does– for their little family.

But he wants Donghae to put the ring for him and he will put the other ring in Donghae’s finger too. It is more meaningful like that.

Shall I able to do it?

Because from the bottom of his heart, Hyukjae realises it is not easy to forgive someone. It is not easy to gain back someone’s trust. But on the other side Hyukjae also realises he can’t blame Donghae if the younger doesn’t want him as his husband anymore. He deserves it though.

Hyukjae quickly puts the ring and the box back in the drawer when Donghyuk cries. He carries the little boy, patting softly his back, and feed him with the milk he has made and kept it warm. At least, even if he is sad right now because Donghae is not beside him, he still feels grateful to have these little bundle of joy.

 

.

.

.

 

“Are you going now?”

Hyukjae taking out his coat as he gives his mother-in-law a nod while smiling to the woman who carries his sleeping daughter. It is Saturday and he has no meeting needed to attend but still, he has to go because he has promised Henry to meet in a new café the latter wanted to visit.

“Is it okay for you, Mom? I can call my sister to come and accompany you.” Hyukjae approaching his mother-in-law and chuckles when he notice the cloth that cover his daughter’s body.

Donghae’s mom waves his hand and pats Hyukjae’s shoulder lightly. “I am totally fine. The babies mostly sleeping since they are still a newborn. I can take care of them alone.” The woman swings her grandchild body lightly. Her eyes falls on the cloth she is using to cover Haru’s body as if it is a blanket when it is actually Hyukjae’s t-shirt.

“Seems like your daughter enjoys sleeping with her Papa’s scent around her. It is usual though, newborn baby mostly is so clingy and wants to feel secured.”

Hyukjae smiles, kissing his daughter’s forehead, and did the same thing to Donghyuk who is sleeping on the bed calmly with Hyukjae’s another t-shirt close to his cheek. It is incredibly touching to know the babies new habit.

“I’ll come back as fast as I can, Mom.”

Donghae’s mom shrugs her shoulders and gesture his son-in-law to take it easy and Hyukjae can’t stop to thank her for being very kind, considerate, and humble.

Before he meets Henry, Hyukjae drives to the hospital. Actually, Ryeowook and Sora are there but he knows both of them won’t leave to have a lunch eventhough they can take turn. The other reason why he wants to visit Donghae is because he has to know Donghae’s condition and making sure by himself.

Sora and Ryeowook leave the room together when Hyukjae comes and asked them to have a lunch first and said he will wait there. When the door closed, Hyukjae sits on the chair and swipes Donghae’s bangs to the side so he can give a light peck.

“Lately, there are so many new museums and interesting vintage shop.” Hyukjae begins his talk, doesn’t care if Donghae didn’t give him any reaction. “Don’t you feel curious about it? I haven’t gone there because I want to do it with you.”

Hyukjae brings Donghae’s hand to his lips. He puts the palm to his cheek while his other hand Donghae’s hair. When Ryeowook and Sora finally back, Hyukjae quickly stood and whisper beside his husband’s ear, “I’ll come here again later.”

 

 

It is not hard to find the new café Henry wanted to visit. Hyukjae just surprised a bit when he realised the café is not far from Henry’s workplace which he didn’t recognize and probably never know if Henry didn’t ask him to go there together.

Surprisingly eventhough it is new, the café is crowded inside with people from many ages. Some of them are families, some of them are just a group of friends who are laughing wholeheartedly, and there… Henry raised his hand and called Hyukjae with a grin on his face.

Hyukjae returns the smile and sits across from Henry, who looks so bright with his yellow shirt and hair combed neatly showing his forehead, pretty different from his usual style.

“What do you want to order? I have ordered their beef steak because I heard it is so delicious.” Henry excitedly pointing to the page which showed the food he meant but Hyukjae shook his head when Henry asked him does he want the same food. Instead, he ordered for creamy pasta and strawberry juice.

“How are you?” Hyukjae asked while taking-off his coat and place it beside him.

Henry propped his chin while smiling widely. “Good but I shall go to Sydney with my colleagues and our CEO.”

“That is great. For how long?”

Upon the question, Henry sighs. The trip itself doesn’t mean he can having fun and strolling to every places he wants because they are going there due to work project.

“I don’t know. Around a week or more.”

Hyukjae nods and didn’t ask further when their food come. He waits until the waitress goes then with a smile and soft tone, he muttered, “Let’s eat. After that I have something to tell you.”

Henry frowns. Why all of sudden… No, of course it’s not something sweet. Henry can tell that Hyukjae is not going to confess or doing any romantic action just from the way he talked and his gaze. He is curious hence he decided to eat so they can talk faster.

Half an hour later, both of their plates are clean. Henry sits straighter when he sensed that Hyukjae will begin to talk. And his heart thumping crazily not because he expects confession from Hyukjae but because he knows there must be something.

“Henry… I am sorry if I will disappoint you. It is not your fault if next time you don’t want to see me again or don’t want to be my friend anylonger.” Hyukjae takes a deep breath, forcing a smile, and grabs Henry’s hand. “You are very kind, cheerful, and smart. When I talked to you, you always listen and understand me so well. Therefore, I feel so thankful.”

“Hyu—“

“But Henry, there is a secret I haven’t told you and I am so sorry.” Hyukjae raised his head to look directly at Henry’s curious eyes. He is ready with all the consequences even if after this Henry will block his number. It is better rather than keep pretending he is still single and hurt the younger more.

“I… actually I have married. We had a big quarell a few months ago and I submitted a form of  our divorce. I thought I didn’t love him anymore but lately, I realise I am too far to hate him or erase my feeling.”

Hyukjae didn’t fail to notice how Henry gasped, eyes-widened, and looked at him in disbelief. Of course, this must be surprised him but Hyukjae doesn’t want to stop.

“I had hurt his heart with all the bad words I had said. I thought my life will be alright after staying away from him but no. It is not that easy. He suffered a lot because of my stupidity yet he covered his sadness by faking he was okay.”

Hyukjae gulps as the memories of him being rude to Donghae comes. He can’t imagine how hurt it must be for Donghae hence no wonder Ryeowook gave him punchs and kicks when he got the chance because Hyukjae deserved that.

“I was so bad to let him cried alone when he was… carrying our babies.”

Under the table, Henry clenching his fist. Not because he is going to punch or hit Hyukjae but it is his way to control himself. To not cry no matter how hurt his heart now hearing all of this sudden explaination. As if the fact Hyukjae has married not enough to shock him, the older adding with another fact that now he is a father.

Hyukjae…

He is married and a father of his babies. It means I don’t have any chance, right?

The man he started to grow a new feeling for him. The man who taught him how to be more confidence and calm. The man who recently he dreamt of being his boyfriend. But this Hyukjae also the same man who crashed his dream and heart into pieces.

“That’s why… Henry… You are very kind, talented, humble, and very attractive. I believe you can meet someone as good as you. Someone who can make you laugh, comforting you, and make you feel happy.” Hyukjae flashed a guilty smile, assuring the man while squeezing his hand. “I am sorry to just tell you now. I am so sorry to make you sad or hurt you with my words and actions, Henry.”

Henry forced a smile and shook his head. At least, he tries to manage himself to not looking weak and trying to clear his mind with positive thought. He scans Hyukjae’s eyes, his handsome face, and a smile that showcasing genuine happiness. This expression is really new. Hyukjae never showed his face like that when he is with Henry. Hyukjae never smile widely like what he does now eventhough the concert he was directed hit a big success.

This is the new side of Hyukjae that Henry knows he has no right to ruin his happiness. No. Because Henry doesn’t have heart to do so no matter how heartbroken he is right now.

However, his memory suddenly throwback to the time when Hyukjae accompanied him somewhere and they met someone who Hyukjae knew. “Is it the man… whom we met at the baby store?”

A nod comes and all Henry question have been answered. Eventually, he knows why their gazes had some meanings on it. He gradually knows why the other man staring at Hyukjae like that and all of it –Henry determines– related to why Hyukjae looks gloomy with black circle under his eyes recently.

Because that person is meaningful for him.

But still, a question knocks his head. If Hyukjae is happy with that man, then why Hyukjae looks so sad? And he can’t stop himself from being curious.

“Is he… fine? I mean… both of you must be happy with your babies, right?”

Hyukjae smiles vanished, replaced with the gloomy expression and Henry doesn’t fail to notice it. That day inside the cozy café, Hyukjae answered the question with clear explanation to the younger. Henry is not a stranger and Hyukjae trusts him. Including telling him how his marriage life for the past months and Donghae’s condition now.

 

.

.

.

 

Hyukjae arranged his coat on the couch. It was late night when he came to the hospital since he was going back to meet his babies first and tug them to sleep after they drank their milk. It was a bit hard as if the twins had known they will be left with their grandmother while their father has to go somewhere.

But Hyukjae likes every single moment he shares with the twins eventhough sometimes it is tiring for him. Sometimes he would capture the moments he spent with them using his phone. Either it was a photo or video because he wants to show it to Donghae once the man wake up.

It was late night when Hyukjae closing the curtain and sits himself on the chair, facing Donghae who is still closing his eyes. Grabbing his hand, Hyukjae leans closer to kiss his forehead.

“Good night, Hae.” He caressed the other’s hair for a while before he back to his position and starts to sleep with hand still holding Donghae’s own tightly. It is uncomfortable but Hyukjae doesn’t want to sleep on the couch. He wants to stay beside Donghae. Before he is in his deep sleep, Hyukjae whispered, “Please wake up soon, Hae. I miss you.”

Hyukjae absolutely knows he will wake up with backsore and his neck will probably sore later but he doesn’t care. He doesn’t even care with the cold from the air conditioner and careless about his phone.

Anyway, he has cleared everything with Henry eventhough the younger told him that perhaps for some times, he can’t contact Hyukjae due of his heartbreak. Hyukjae has said sorry for countless times but well, healing is not as easy eventhough he had said sorry, isn’t it? Thus, he followed what Henry wants. In the end, they are still friend.

Hyukjae frowns when he felt something is moving. Even in his deep sleep, Hyukjae is so sensitive with his surrounding. His frown going deeper when he slowly realising the hand in his hold… it is grabbing his tighter.

Hyukjae thought he was imagining something so he just let it be for a while but no. It happened for real when the voice he misses so much suddenly echoing the silence room.

“H-Hyukjae?”

It was so soft and weak. It was just a whisper but Hyukjae raised his head with eyes widened. He gasped when the person he loves return his gaze. The person who has been slept for two weeks and more. The father of his twins. He didn’t  care with the dizziness he felt due of his sudden move. His grin is too hard to be controlled when his eyes scanning further, making himself sure that he is not just imagining thing.

It happened for real.  

“Donghae?!”

 

Hello guys!!! Chapter 17 is here hahaha. How's it? Weird? I hope not kkk. Anyway this fic is longer than I thought hahaha so I would like to say thank you for reading, commenting, subscribing, upvoting, and giving suggestions❤️❤️❤️ I am planning to end it for around 4 chapters more but it is still a plan, I not yet write until the ending hahaha. A bit spoiler (?) I can't miss my baby Wookie and Yesung so don't worry (?) LOL. Aside from this, I have updated another fic too, it is Hyukjae's View I just updated the first chapter hahaha. I promise Hyukjae's View is less angsty if you compare with this fic ^-^ Last, stay healthy and stay safe!❤️❤️❤️