Party time

Injun's Flying Delivery Service
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Doyoung was panicking when the door bell rang.

“Doie, the person for delivery has already arrived.”

“REALLY! HOW FAST! I’M DOOMED.” Doyoung yelled from kitchen.

“Please come inside.” The house owner welcomed the little wizard. “Please be seated for a while, I’ll go check upon my husband.”

“Sure.” Renjun sat quietly in the chair alongside the tea table, observing the exquisite interior of the house.

“Taeyoung ah, the oven is not working, the cake should have been ready by now but the machine stopped working meanwhile.” Doyoung was pulling his hair.

“Let me see.” Taeyong got to work.

“I think we should take it to the mechanic, it’s beyond my ability.” Taeyong gave up, making Doyoung more distressed.

“Zeren would be able to make it for sure but I need it to be fixed right now. I feel bad for calling the boy.” Doyoung could not hold his frustration.

Upon being mentioned, Renjun’s ears perked up, he stood up abruptly.

Doyoung noticed the movement.

“Ah, I am so sorry for troubling you. The cake would have been ready when you arrived. It would have just taken 20 minutes. Jinyoung hyung and Jisoo noona wanted to have the cake so, I was set on preparing and called you for delivery, I am extremely sorry for wasting your time.” Doyoung’s apology was making Renjun at loss of words.

“Now worries, Sir. The machines could malfunction at times, I can totally understand.”

“I am sorry, umm…”

“I am Renjun, Huang Renjun, a wizard on training.”

“Renjun ah, you must have been busy.”

“I was not so busy so, you don’t have to worry. By the way, if everything is ready, we can try steaming the cake since it might take some time for the oven to be mended.” Renjun proposed.

“Yes, we can do that.” Taeyong agreed on the suggestion.

“But you will have to wait longer.” Doyoung didn’t want to trouble the kid.

“If I would be allowed in the kitchen, we can make it quick.” Getting permission from the couple, Renjun started to burn the fire.

“If you two are working, I can just go to repair the oven.”

“Sure.”

“Sure.”

With two ‘sure’s Taeyong wrapped the oven.

“Ding Zeren, here I come!”

“Yongie can be dramatic at times!” Doyoung shook his head seeing his husband’s antics.

 

 

While Renjun was burning the firewood, Doyoung prepared the water to boil.

The cake was ready shortly after and Doyoung handed him two addresses to be delivered.

“I’ll get going then, Sir.”

“Doyoung. Please call me Doyoung.” The bunny looking man insisted.

“Okay then Doyoung hyung, I’ll get going then.”

“Wait Renjun, have this Apple tart before you go. I made it this morning, hope you like it.” Renjun received the pie, accompanied by herbal tea, with biggest smile.

“This is so delicious. Hyung, you could start your own bakery!” The little boy said sincerely.

Doyoung flushed at the compliment.

“Glad that you liked it. And for own start up, we will need proper plan.”

Doyoung liked the wizard kid so much.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

While returning from one of his deliveries, Renjun heard someone yelling his name only to find Jeno running as fast as possible to match his speed with the flying boy.

Jeno smiled seeing Renjun coming down.

“What are you doing here Jeno?” It was late evening so, the wizard wondered what the other boy was up to.

“I was returning after hanging out with my friends. Saw you up in the air so, here we are.” Jeno shrugged.

Renjun’s face showed some grimace making Jeno think if he said anything wrong.

“Renjun, is everything okay?”

Hearing the concern in Jeno’s voice, the boy in despair just shook his head. “I…just miss my friends, family, home. Me, Karry, Roy, Jackson used to fly around together, Ma and Pa used to shout at us for being mischievous but we didn’t care at all. I miss my Ma’s food and Pa’s warm hugs.” 

 

Not knowing how to comfort the boy in front, Jeno slowly held his hand and rubbed a soothing circle in his back. Seeing Renjun not flinching, nor trying to remove his hand from Jeno’s hold, he felt relieved.

“You know, you can always make new friends right. And I bet Yuta hyung and Jaehyun hyung can be your new family as well. I know they can’t replace your family and we can’t replace your friends but still you can feel the warmth and have companion.”

Renjun nodded feeling thankful towards each one of them, having them close ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter