Inspiration

Injun's Flying Delivery Service
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Nice to know you. I’m Renjun and this is Jiji, my cat.”

“Aw…she is so cute.” Ten patted the little cat only to earn a glare.

“Jiji is a boy.” Renjun clarified when Jiji humped, “I am not she.”

“Oh…sorry. He is so cute, hence the misunderstanding.” Ten smiled shyly.

Jiji snorted loudly at that.

“Now, can we…get started with our search?” Renjun was getting more impatient.

“Relax. Let’s get some tea till my babies get the information.” Ten offered.

Seeing the distress written all over Renjun’s face, Ten smiled. “The ravens are my friends, I have already told them to go find the teddy. So, we can grab a cup of tea till they find. Please be assured, you will find it quicker that way.”

Renjun was doubtful but Ten was able to persuade him anyway.

Renjun was awed by seeing Ten’s room, it was filled with different kinds of paintings, all beautiful, mesmerizing, meaningful.

“So, you are an artist!” Renjun’s admiration could be felt by the way he was curiously looking through every painting. 

In the middle of the room was a half sketched canvas.

“Is this your ongoing work?” Renjun inquired.

“Hm. But I am not sure how to continue.” Ten came back with a tray of freshly brewed Oolong tea. “To be honest, I am stuck at the moment, lost the motivation to draw.”

Renjun didn’t know how to comfort the lost looking boy. “You will definitely find one soon, I am sure of that. Don’t lose hope.”

Ten smiled at him but he could feel it was not the happy smile, the dazzling one he saw earlier.

The ravens flew back just on time.

“Come on, let’s go! My friends have found the gift.”

The three of them went out and Renjun sat in his broom inviting Ten to join him. The elder was skeptical but the wizard assured him that he would not let Ten fall. That’s how, they are following the ravens right now.

“Wow! Our forest looks this beautiful, I had never had this Ariel view. The sky looks pretty up close after the rain.” It would be understatement to say Ten was thrilled to be flying this high.

 They reached the place where the doll was lying in between the tall bush.

Renjun sighed in relief.

“Thank you so much Ten, it would have been impossible to find the lost doll if it wasn’t you and your friends. And please apologize your friends for disturbing their nest.”

“No worries. They have already forgiven you.” Ten was a polite and sweet person, Renjun could see that.

“By the way, I really want to paint you, can I?”

Renjun was astounded for a while upon the request.

“I got my motivation to paint again. Can I paint you flying, please.”

Renjun felt glad to hear that.

“Okay! I will make sure to drop by next time. For now, I have to go do my delivery duty.”

With the promise of coming back some day and leaving his address if Ten wants to contact the wizard, he took his leave with Jiji and the gift.

 

 

---

 

 

Hina’s eyes twinkled so bright upon getting the gift. The happiness radiating made Renjun forget about all the hardship he went through to get the teddy.

“Please say my thanks to Uncle Johnny. Having a huuuuge teddy bear had been my biggest dream! Tell him to come by when he gets time. And thank you Sir for delivering it for me!”

Hina was such a sweet girl.

“No worries. Happy Birthday Hina sshi.”

Bidding farewell, Renjun and Jiji took off back home.

 

 

---

 

 

Jeno had been waiting for Renjun in the bakery. As soon as he saw the wizard, he jumped off the chair and ran towards him.

“Aww…your dress is drenched. Did you get caught in the rain?” Jeno’s tone was filled with worry.

But Renjun just shook off the feeling.

“Not your concern, hmph.” Renjun went to his room straight to get changed as he didn’t want to catch a cold.

Poor boy was waiting for so long only to get ignored by the pompous wizard.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter