discovery

i have no name (but will you call me?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Gahyeon opened the door to Yoohyeon’s dorm room, she was not expecting to see Dami, Handong, and Bora there as well. Jiu was seated on the single couch but she looked extremely tired.

 

“Um...” Gahyeon tried to break the awkward silence.

 

Thankfully, it was Siyeon who threw her a metaphorical bone. “Hey kid.” She does the task of introducing everyone to each other to get it over with. “Yooh’s still sleeping.”

 

“That’s okay. I have some important information regarding this craziness. Though I am reluctant to share.” Gahyeon said as she eyed Dami. Dami works for the academy so Gahyeon wasn’t about to take her chances.

 

“If this is about the glitter incident, you literally have no one to blame but yourself...”

 

“It isn’t. How about a trade, detective?” Dami narrowed her eyes. The last time she made a deal with Gahyeon (like 4 hours ago), she didn't get anything particularly useful. It wasn’t until she touched the plane did she see what was important. “This one’s a big one. Has to do with where that plane came from.” Gahyeon added, seeing Dami hesitate.

 

“Let us hear what she has to say.” Handong said gently from her perch on the couch. Dami gives her a withering look but nodded, knowing that the information is pertinent right now. The others raise their eyebrows, wondering why Dami was listening to the transfer student.

 

“Great!” Gahyeon claps her hands together and teleports the big whiteboard from her room to the dorm room. All of the bullet points she wrote were still on there. She pinned the map she was carrying to the corner of the board as well.

 

“So, I was investigating the origin point of where that plane came from.” She used a red marker to circle around a mountain range. “It’s here.”

 

Everyone except Dami was confused. They hadn’t seen it coming straight from the south so what was Gahyeon talking about? Gahyeon smirks seeing the neutral expression on the detective’s face. Most likely, Dami had seen something with her psychometry but could not explain it. Until now.

 

“I asked around town and some people said it came from either the east or the west. Obviously, that doesn’t make any sense. Then I remembered something important. There were crows flying over the plane to get to the nesting place in the mountains.” Gahyeon began sketching out the scene at the academy from her point of view. The sketch, despite being drawn with an expo marker, was disturbingly detailed and artfully done.

 

Bora leans over to whisper to Siyeon, “Is she some sort of genius?”

 

“Yeah, that’s my baby right there.” Siyeon whispered proudly, as if she were her parent.

 

Gahyeon leans back to show the whole sketch to the room, “The crow was moving as to avoid the plane, which was in its flight path. I originally thought that maybe it was someone with cloaking powers but the crows proved that it was not, considering they were able to see it and avoid it. Then, after asking a few people, I realized that it is probably the work of a prism-type power. People standing in one location saw the opposite of people standing on the other side. Like a mirror.” Gahyeon drew a dotted line from the mountain to the academy. It was a perfectly straight path.

 

“The prism allowed the origin of the plane to be mistaken. In addition, a reliable source told me that the plane was heard before it was seen. As far as I know, the academy has two people with cloaking powers. Both are rank 5 and both are known to be able to cloak sounds. I doubt they’d make an amateur mistake of not masking sounds.”

 

Dami stands up to get a closer look at the map. She was impressed despite not showing it. That trickster could be really smart when she puts her mind to it. Shame that she’s wasting her talents, Dami thought.

 

“That narrows down the suspects. As far as I know, the mountain has a hangar, which is where the plane came from.” The detective offered her the end of the deal.

 

Gahyeon flopped herself onto the couch, observing everyone’s expressions at the information overload. Bora and Siyeon were trying to process it while Jiu looked deeply disturbed. Catching onto that, Gahyeon called Jiu.

 

“Jiu, you know something else about that hangar.” the youngest said, more as a statement rather than a question. Jiu is startled at how sharp Gahyeon is. She opens , ready to say something. But then there’s a high pitched sound and the window closest to her shatters.

 

Everyone reacts by ducking their heads but nothing else happens after a while. Jiu opens her eyes to see Handong standing beside her, holding a sniper round inches from her face. It was still smoking, fresh from the chamber of a rifle. Handong is glaring at something past the windows, getting up and spinning the bullet in her fingers around. She settles it on top of her forefinger and places her thumb at the of the bullet. With a flick of her thumb, the bullet shoots out at high speed, going back the way it came from. Gahyeon, who is using a pair of binoculars, is amazed an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter