some pie would be nice

i have no name (but will you call me?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All eyes were focused on the tied up Yoohyeon(?). Her cold grey eyes were focused on the television screen but she looked uninterested. She haughtily crossed her legs, unbothered by the fact that her body was bound to a chair. After a few more moments of staring at the television, she rolled her head to the left to look at the eldest girl sleeping. Bora stood up and blocked her line of sight.

 

“Relax, Inferno. That necromancer saved my life.” Bora growled even more after hearing her codename. A dainty hand came around to tug on Bora’s forearm. The redhead turned over to see Jiu awake and struggling to sit up.

 

“You should be resting.”

 

“So should you.”

 

“Sorry, doc. Someone has to keep watch for the night.” Bora gave a wry smile. Once Jiu was settled properly against some pillows, the healer made eye contact with the tengu.

 

“You aren’t Yoohyeon.” Jiu said calmly. She watched as the not-Yoohyeon pulled her face up into a self-satisfied smirk. And it made her sick because (her) Yoohyeon would never have that kind of expression on her face. Sure, Yoohyeon smirked when her pranks were successful. And yes, it was in a self-satisfied manner but never malicious. Never. Not like this.

 

“No, I am not.” The not-Yoohyeon could tell that her presence was making the necromancer upset. After all, this was the body of the girl that she adored.

 

“Then who are you and why are you possessing Yoohyeon?” This time, Gahyeon intercepted. Yoohyeon displayed strange symptoms before but Gahyeon had swept it under the rug at the time. She regretted not saying anything sooner and now there might be something evil in her best friend. She was afraid that she would have to put her down if it came to it.

 

“I am not possessing Yoohyeon. I have been with her since birth.” Not-Yoohyeon said. “My identity is not of importance but...” The television displayed some late-night news anchors discussing the latest attacks.

 

“Demons are the ones to blame here. Those weaker heroes must be under their control. I mean how else would you explain the misfortune that the world is currently experiencing? It’s the fault of those wretched demons-”

 

“LIES!” Not-Yoohyeon shouted, causing the girls to flinch. Bora and Siyeon stood up, ready to fight back. “You humans all lie! It’s your fault in the first place!”

 

Surprisingly, it was Dami who stood up and slammed her hands on the crazed girl’s shoulders. Her face was contorted into a snarl. “Listen here you little - if you were listening at all to our conversation, then you know that we are not on their side either! We’re just trying to stop whatever the X is doing!” When she finished her rant, the detective’s shoulders were heaving from exertion. Gahyeon, Bora, Siyeon, and Jiu didn't dare move a muscle. By some miracle, Handong has not woken up from the loud noises.

 

Not-Yoohyeon continued to glare at the detective. “I should kill all of you where you stand.” She growled between her clenched teeth.

 

Suddenly, there was a loud slapping sound. The silver-haired girl had her head turned to the side from the impact while the purple-haired girl was breathing heavily.

 

“You’re not Yoohyeon.” Jiu repeated quietly. “So stop using her face to look at us like that and stop using her voice to say those things.” Jiu could feel her anger rising. How dare this imposter use the likeness of her most important person in such a horrible way.

 

“No. I am not her.” The tengu said finally, breaking the intense eye contact they shared. “Out of respect for you, necromancer, I will tell you something. It is my duty to save my suffering species. To that end, I have not killed any of you because that bastard will be drawn to the Coven for the last pillar.” As if to prove her point, she easily broke out of her bindings to stretch her sore limbs.

 

“I will kill him and avenge them all.”

 

--

 

Dami and Jiu volunteered to go out to get some supplies while the others kept an eye on the tengu.

 

“.” Dami muttered under her breath as she eyed the ramen cup selection. Next to her Jiu giggled lightly.

 

“Dami, you shouldn’t be picky about ramen flavors. They’re all pretty great.” She teased the younger girl.

 

“Wha-I wasn’t-about the ramen!” Dami sputtered. She felt her ears go hot and she shoved a row of ramen cups into her shopping cart in embarrassment. Jiu burst out into a full blown laugh. It was her first time teasing the usual stoic detective; she never knew how much fun it was to do so. Now she saw why Gahyeon was always trying to push Dami’s buttons.

 

“I know I know.” She reassured. “Everything’s just going out of control and we’re all stressed out.”

 

“That’s the biggest understatement of the century.”

 

“Yeah...but Dami,” Jiu paid for the supplies and carried more than half the bags knowing that Dami was not physically fit. They exit the store and continued the walk back to the hotel. Getting some air after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter