you are my blue (only filling me with longing)

i have no name (but will you call me?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5 days left.

 

Bora woke up to the sun barely rising past the horizon. The last thing she remembered before falling asleep was watching the stars with-

 

“Siyeon?” Deep breathing can be heard next to her. Turning over slowly so that she can lay on her side, Bora soaked in Siyeon’s sharp features. The younger girl was insanely attractive with her wolf-like gaze. But her personality was a total 180 degrees turn from her appearance. Nonetheless, Bora adored her. Lately, Siyeon has taken it upon herself to do more for Bora. From early morning training sessions to late night dinner dates, Bora felt like she was on cloud nine in those moments.

 

Last night, Siyeon had taken her out to stargaze and to talk about their day. Stress was ever present in these tense times so venting it out to each other was a good way to stay sane. But the redhead couldn’t help but feel like Siyeon was doing this because of...of the risk she will have to take to stop Sun. It was like she was preparing for the chance that she may never see Bora again. Of course, Bora would be damned if she didn't do her best to reassure Siyeon that they were going to make it out together.

 

(She had to believe that. Otherwise, she might go insane.)

 

“Stop staring you creepo.” Siyeon said out of nowhere. Her words were contradicted by the smile on her face. She still had her eyes closed.

 

Bora proceeded to place her hand on Siyeon’s cheek and admired the girl’s face. It may sound cheesy but Bora understood those sappy romantic movies where two lovers admired each other after waking up at the crack of dawn. Everything felt peaceful at this moment.

 

As she caressed a soft cheek, Siyeon reached up to pinch the back of her hand. “Your hand isn’t as squishy as Jiu’s.” The black-haired girl commented offhandedly.

 

Bora scoffed and turned away, pretending to be offended. Deep down, she knew that Siyeon was right. Jiu was a squishy person overall. Bora considered asking Jiu for her skincare secrets. She heard Siyeon giggle behind her before feeling larger arms envelop her in a back hug.

 

“Jiu’s hand might be softer but you’re definitely the best cuddle buddy.”

 

“Oh I see how it is Miss Lee Siyeon. You only want me for my body.” Bora joked and received a tickle attack that left her breathless.

 

“Siyeon! Stop!” Bora yelled in between breathless laughter. If Siyeon wasn’t fully awake before, she certainly was now. Bora’s squeaky laughter was contagious.

 

After the black-haired girl decided to give Bora some time to breathe, she raised her hand to entwine with smaller ones. Her whole body was hovering over Bora’s, black hair curtaining them both in their own little world.

 

Siyeon had always wanted Bora to make the first move between them. Not because she was shy (she was definitely past that stage since the redhead had already seen her at her most embarrassing state) but, because she wanted Bora to come to terms with their relationship herself. If the fire-user made the first move, she would see that everything will still be okay.

 

They both stare at each other for a long time after, neither willing to move from their positions. It isn’t until the sun rose a little higher and the light caused Siyeon’s irises to look like amber gemstones, does Bora feel like her heartbeat is stuck in .

 

An invisible force pulled at her, gravitating her towards the other. And this time, she didn't resist it. Their lips meet in a slow, soft motion. Neither in a rush to end the physical contact that they’ve both been dreaming about.

 

Siyeon giggled, breaking the kiss. “What changed?”

 

“Nothing. I just realized that I’ve been a fool for ignoring it for so long.” Bora replied, breathless. “And maybe the world is about to ing end so yeah, there’s that too.”

 

The other girl furrowed her eyebrows and all Bora could think about was how adorable Siyeon was without even trying. “Are you doing this out of impulse or fear?”

 

Immediately, Bora took her face in her small hands. She understood what Siyeon was referring to and wanted to reassure the younger girl right away.

 

“No!” She shouted. The redhead’s emotions were all over the place. She was on top of the world a few minutes ago and now she’s holding back tears.

 

“No...” Bora repeated, this time softer. Her glassy eyes made Siyeon regret asking but she wanted her to be honest with herself.

 

“Bora, you don’t have to hide yourself with me. There is no shame in crying.” It was a familiar phase that Siyeon told Bora as often as possible because if she did, Bora would learn to believe it. And for some reason, Siyeon found herself crying along with Bora.

 

“Did you-did you always know?”

 

“No. But I guess it has always been in my nature to want to save people. I only understood my true calling when we made it to the Godly plane.”

 

Bora reached up to wipe the girl’s tears, with Siyeon doing the same for her. “But you know, I want to have my happily ever after too...with you, Bora.”

 

At that, Bora just cried harder. Maybe it was the way that Siyeon gazed at her with unadulterated affection or maybe it was the way her emotions were all over the place but Bora just couldn't hold it in anymore. She’s been holding back for so long that every longing touch, every eye contact just made everything burst forward.

 

Hugging the taller girl around her neck and clinging to her like a baby, Bora whispered, “I love you.” It was a quiet declaration. One that was long overdue. They might not have officially dated at all but the love was always there. Neither just said anything out loud until now.

 

“I love you too, Bora.” Siyeon choked out. She imagined what it would be like for this moment to come and yet, she was still surprised by the elation she felt from the revelation.

 

(Back then, Siyeon thought that her feelings were unrequited. With time, Siyeon knew that she was just being silly. This is proof of that.)

 

“I love you so please,” A kiss. “Find a way to survive.”

 

“I will.” Siyeon promised. She promised to try her best so that the person she loves will not be left all alone.

 

“Until then, will you give me today to spend with you?” The leftover tears in Bora’s eyes did nothing to hide the universe within them. And when Siyeon looked into them, she saw herself at the center of Bora’s universe.

 

“You can have all of my todays.” Siyeon replied. “Or, as many as I can give.”

 

--

 

2 days left.

 

With all that has been going on in preparation for a last stand, Gahyeon did not have a chance to speak with her parents. They

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter