Wings AU

AU Dump

It was time again for the Winges Annual Ball. From the venue’s high ceilings littered with chandeliers and big enough for it to fit more than 50 thousand people, you can say that the event was without a doubt high-class. This was, after all, one of the- if not the BIGGESt event of the year for idols and celebrities alike, It’d be good profit as well for the organizers, a lot of people are willing to spend no matter the amount just to see their idols up close and personal.

 

Some use this opportunity to make rumors and hearsays about idols and their wings. Your wings being the most important thing if you were a public figure: idol, actor, singer, even politicians, and businesspeople. The most important things about your wings are their color, some will say that x idol has fake colored wings or y idol has a very disgusting wing color, some may even say that their fake. But two idols appear to have no wings at all.

 

It wasn’t uncommon for Mamamoo’s rapper Moonbyul to be under fire by gossips during such events, some people just have nothing else to do than mock other people for fun. Jobless individuals, I tell ya. She’s gotten attention ever since she first debuted in 2014, her group and her name immediately hitting the front of the tabloids. Her members are worried about how much rumors seem to be growing at such a fast pace year after year. The only they didn’t get was how she didn’t seem to mind at all. ‘It’s easy,’ Moonbyul thinks ‘ when you’ve known worse than this’.

 

They were waiting for their turn to be seated after the red carpet and the photo wall. Moonbyul already cracking jokes about how the red carpet didn’t blend in with the wall this time. Remembering from their previous red carpet where Solar tripped, she didn’t like it but with the mood weighing on them like elephants, she had to at least try to lighten things up a bit. Her efforts weren’t in vain when Wheein finally cracked a smile and joined her in making toe-curling dad jokes and soon enough, Hwasa and Solar joined as well.

 

Even with Solar laughing like a dolphin, she still couldn’t get her worries away, her gut tells her that something bad is going to happen and she can’t help but be worried. Before she could dwell on those more Moonbyul again saying ‘unnie you’re going to age faster if you don’t stop frowning like that’ I and with that, the greasy hamster gets a strike on the arm, as well as smile from their worrying leader and for a moment all of Solar’s worries, were gone. As long as she has her members by her side, Who’s to say they wouldn’t conquer the world?

 

“Oh, you have got to be fckin kidding me!” Wheein heard her unnie whisper and honestly, she couldn’t blame her.

 

It turns out that the organizers had a surprise for every one of them and that was: separating them into different wing classes. It was in all honesty, the tiest idea that they had ever come up with. Right now, she was with her Yongsun unnie and Hyejin standing in a line so that they could get seated. Wheein was thinking about how she could totally scream at the organizer when she heard Hyejin groan from behind her.

 

“Ughhhh… This has got to be the most obvious thing that they did to make other idols look bad!” she said while facepalming.

 

“Tell me about it, who in their right minds would make this kind of arrangement in an event as big as this if they didn’t plan to humiliate other idols! This whole wing hierarchy is stupid…” Wheein said, sighing in defeat.

 

“Girls, we can’t exactly do anything about it,” the two young girls turned to face their unnie, they were expecting her to be madder actually but when they saw where her gaze was…

“I’m just hoping Byuly’s ok…” they understood.

 

When they finally arrived at their table, shocked would be considered an understatement, being seated with the nation’s girl group wasn’t something you’d see. Especially if you were from some small company. Which is why they’re just sitting there awkwardly at the side. They could that the members from SNSD were in a gloomy mood and when they realized why they felt the same cloud of gloom surrounding them. Now you have a table full of grumpy teem- I mean adults.

 

“So, Where’s your other member?” and with that, the silence was broken with Hyoyeon asking them the question.

 

The three other girls just stared at her and when they turned sadder than before they got here, it made Hyoyeon feel like bad when Sunny suddenly smacked her head.

 

“ Hyo, what the hell?! You can’t just ask them where their other member is!” Sunny was about to nag some more when-

 

“ She’s in the wingless class…”

 

The remaining members of SNSD looked at Solar, and now Hyoyeon regrets ever asking her question. Of course, it was hard to have a missing member and they know what it feels like to worry about them when they were wingless as well.

 

“ Oh… then she might be with that midget then. I swear if that danshi- OW!” and now Sooyoung got hit as well, but at least it made that her hoobaes laugh.

 

Sooyoung breathed a sigh of relief when she saw that being hit by Sunny made the younger girls open up. They were cute, even more beagle like than they were. She still couldn’t help but notice the way they glance sometimes to the side, and to be honest all she could think was ‘same’.

 

When they finally dimmed the lights, they all looked at one particular table at the very back with a fold-up table and chairs that had the most terrible lighting and the worst view. It wasn’t fair they thought, no one should be treated like that just because they didn’t have wings. They’re still people and one of them has been in this industry for more than 10 years, so when they looked at their two members, all they could do was gape and stare at them with confusion. For even if they got treated horribly because of this stupid wing bias, they were having fun. Joking and laughing around.

 

Seeing this, Sooyoung thinks that maybe the night wouldn’t be so bad.