Fifth

Stunning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
FIFTH

"That was freaking awesome!" Changkyun's nervousness quickly changed into a relieved smile and his energy matched Somi's excitement as she jumped, putting her hands up for a high ten.

"Well done Somi"

"Well done me? You practically carried our team there Changkyun!" Somi gasped and Changkyun bowed, cheeks flushing red.

"I can't take credit for that"

"Sure you can, they're just facts" Somi shrugged her shoulders with her hands swinging by her side.

"If you say so" Changkyun bowed his head again.

"Good game" Somi looked to the hand that was offered to her, her eyes blinked and fell open. She her dry lips and jerked at the thought of shaking the hand offered before it became awkward.

"Good game" She smiled, looking into the eyes of the boy standing a whole head taller than her.

"Your butler, he's not strong in ranking, but he works well with you, and sometimes that's more important than yours or his strength, if not most of the time"

"Oh, thank you for that" Somi bowed her head.

"Good game madam" The male student butler bowed and Somi turned, eyes widening before her body bent to bow to the same level as the butler.

"Good game, sir?" She replied unsurely and Changkyun's lips curled into a fond smile as the male student laughed.

"You're very polite"

"Manners are part of our language, aren't they?" Somi's shoulders shrugged and her fingers fiddled with one another.

"I suppose so, let's play again next time" The boy offered and Somi nodded.

"Let's do that" She turned back to Changkyun as the pair walked away, catching the smile that was on his face.

"What?" She questioned him and Changkyun shook his head.

"You're just a really nice person" He explained and Somi looked down as her cheeks heated up again.

"I feel like I'm at the normal standard for a person to be" She muttered and Changkyun put his hand on her back, his other hand having picked up Somi's bag without her even noticing.

"Your lessons for the day are over, let's go back and you can tell Hyunwoo about your afternoon if you like"

"Way to make it sound like I have to go home and report to dad"

"I was just giving you choices"

"Wait, my-" Somi spun back for her bag that she had forgotten about. "-oh, you have it" Somi blinked at the bag slung over Changkyun's shoulder with his knowing smile on his face.

"You know Changkyun, just because your graded as you are, doesn't mean you aren't good at what you're doing" Somi complimented the male on her left as they walked away from the final class of the day. Changkyun's eyes widened and he could feel the heat rising from his neck up to his face.

"Oh, um" He began to sputter and Somi's eyes glowed as she looked up at him, looping her arm through his.

"In no time, I'll have helped you get your first star with me and then after that I'm sure you're capable of becoming as great as Hyunwoo, maybe even better" She optimistically told him of the future he would earn for himself.

"You're not going to make me get the stars? Or get them for me?" Changkyun frowned as he remembered the way he had collected his stars that brought him from a C grade to a B grade card.

"Well, I don't think so? I wasn't told that was how it worked. I thought it was with teamwork and your hard work in particular that got you the stars, but it will be somewhere in that book, right?" She blinked at him and Changkyun opened his mouth, closed it again and then deflated when he opened it and breathed out.

"Is everyone like you, or are you just different from other cardholders?" He sighed and Somi's arm went stiff as fell.

"I'm sorry!" Changkyun rushed when he sensed her change. Somi shook out of it and smiled.

"It's ok," She reassured him, "I just didn't realise, things were really made unfair for you the first time huh?"

"Compared to being with you, yeah" Changkyun nodded, shoulders slumping as he remembered Seongjoon.

"I'm sorry he confronted you like that" He quickly stepped sideways to be facing Somi in a deep bow with his head lowered.

"I won't cause you trouble like that again"

"Oh, him? Eh, s will be s until they're put in their box," Somi put her hands in the pockets of her gym shorts, "I don't think you can keep walking with your body bent down like that" She pointed out, choosing not to acknowledge the unneeded apology from Changkyun. He quickly arrived at her side again, adjusting her bag on his shoulders as they walked towards the dorms.

"Should we make ice cream spiders when we get back?" Somi suggested.

"Do we have what we need for that? Hyunwoo also wants you to be careful with what you're eating" Changkyun pointed out as Somi shoulders shrugged.

"Maybe not, but we could always go to the store to get what we need, plus Hyunwoo's just being tight, I haven't had a treat for how many days now? Since I first saw you" Somi pondered on how many days it had been and Changkyun breathed out.

"Three days" Somi nodded.

"Cheat days are meant to be once a week, Hyunwoo was very adamant about that" Changkyun reminded Somi and her shoulders bobbed up and down again.

"That's only when you're dieting, Hyunwoo said he just thinks I should make some healthier choices when it comes to food"

"If you say so Somi"

------------

"You went to the store?" Hyunwoo was up on his feet and at the door before Somi had it pushed open, making it look like he had been standing there, waiting for her since he arrived at the dorm. Somi blinked, mouth falling open before she recovered from the surprise as Hyunwoo took the bags out of her hands and took them to the kitchen.

"Changkyun" Hyunwoo sighed and that was all he needed to say for Changkyun to understand he hadn't done his job properly.

"Oh don't be a meanie, I didn't let him take all of the bags, he was listening to what I was saying"

"She really knows how to talk once she gets going" Changkyun almost shivered as the image of Somi's fast moving lips upon his adamant request to carry all the bags came back to his mind.

"Sharing is caring" Somi stated in such a tone it almost seemed like she thought the saying could solve all of her problems. Hyunwoo stopped looking at Changkyun with such stern eyes and went back to sticking his hands into the shopping bag and unloading it all onto the kitchen counter

"Besides, how rude would I look out in public letting Changkyun carry all of these bags?" Somi's steps were light as she came to join Hyunwoo at the table, standing on her toes so that she could reach into the bag. Hyunwoo raised a brow at some of the items she pulled out, but spared her a lecture about it, seeing her smile told him that she already knew what he was going to say.

"Your rather chipper this afternoon" He mentioned instead, making Somi hum in response.

"The afternoon has gone well," She told him and Hyunwoo turned away to the bags again.

"Your Physical Ed class?"

"Yeah" Somi put the drinks they bought in the fridge and Hyunwoo blinked.

"What did you do?"

"Badmitten"

"More badminton?"

"Mhm, we won today, it was fun" Somi recalled and Hyunwoo blinked, pursing his lips and looking down into the bags again.

"You played very well Somi" Changkyun's hand patted Somi on the back as he walked past her, his other arm cradling different biscuits and a box of cereal to be put away. Hyunwoo's brows pinched and his eyes couldn't help but follow the actions of the two as they moved with ease, the atmosphere between them light and airy, making room for the tinkles of laughter that Somi let out.

------------

Somi had felt it before, especially since she and Hyunwoo had first struggled in her Physical Ed class. But the gap was larger now. Somi felt like she was working with a machine and not the person she had first met, Hyunwoo was sterner, colder and not willing to warm up anymore like Changkyun was. He watched them strictly with piercing eyes, portraying the perfect model of a butler. But doing so only put a wall between himself and Somi, leaving the girl struggling to understand why she couldn't make conversation that didn't sound like business talk in the same way that she could with Changkyun.

Sitting down to eat, Somi slipped Changkyun a spoonful of food every chance she got. Hyunwoo stood beside them, keeping his eyes focused on patrolling the cafeteria as the pair ate the homemade lunch together, talking lightly as Somi had one of her homework books open in front of them.

"How do you know all this stuff?"

"I really like science I guess" Changkyun shrugged and Somi scrunched up her face.

"You guess?"

"Yeah?" Changkyun answered unsurely and Somi's nose continued to scrunch again.

"So science is a hobby for you? That's unfair, I wish I good be good at something like science to be able to casually enjoy it"

"Having hobbies?" Changkyun muttered quietly, looking off somewhere that Somi couldn't see. She swallo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter