Third

Stunning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
THIRD

Somi could feel the same burning sensation that she had felt in the pocket of her pants earlier that day. Except for this time, it was night out and she was alone in her room with her books surrounding her on the bed and the burning sensation came in the form of an itching urge to look at her bedside table where she had put what she collected earlier that day. She tried to keep her eyes on the pages, reading the words that contained the information she was meant to be absorbing, she was late to the game when it came to this world of things so she needed to be on top of her game and catch up with everyone as much as possible.

"Concentrate" Somi reprimanded herself, glaring at the words she was reading and squeezing down on her pen.

"This is due in two days" She also reminded herself, hoping it would give her a surge of urgency to get the homework done. But it only brought back frustration as she forced herself to work on a topic that she wasn't enjoying in the slightest. This has to be done whether you like it or not. But there was a burn, an itch, an irritation, a nagging that wouldn't leave her alone. Couldn't it wait? Why is this nagging feeling so strong? Somi scrunched her face up with frustration as she looked at her bedside table again, eyes landing specifically on the card that she had picked.

"Come on, Hyunwoo recommended to wait until he was with you" She stopped herself from grabbing the card, but her hand hovered in the air and she was driving herself mad in anticipation by talking aloud to herself.

"Don't be a brat" She scowled, turning back to her books again.

"You can't even remember when cards were first discovered..." Somi nagged herself again, but at the mention of cards, her eyes went to the one on her bedside table again.

"Oh, how dangerous could he be if he's a B grade card?" Somi asked the nagging voice of Hyunwoo's words in her head. 

"I adivce you do not summon him when you are alone, we cannot be sure if he will try and attack you or himself thinking that you are the previous owner"

Somi took the card between her fingers, turning it this way and that way, just looking at it.

Im Changkyun

Strength level:  B

1/5 stars.

Somi in a breath, the card was in her hand, but now what? She felt empty and blank, just looking at the card as she tried to make her brain figure out what she was to do next.

"The book" Somi muttered to herself in realisation, moving over to her desk to find her book of everything she needed to know that the principle she had already forgotten the name of gave to her. She flicked the cover open and read the subtitles of the chapters, trying to find what she was looking for.

How To Connect With A New Card... 22

How To Summon A New Card... 25

Somi went to the twenty-fifth page immediately, her eyes wandered over the words and she grumbled.

Now that you've made your needed connection with your new card, you can finally summon the one residing in the card-

"Ugh," Somi groaned, flicking back the pages of the short chapter on connecting with a new card.

The first and only step of connecting with your new addition to your deck is to place a drop of blood on the back of the card. In this chapter, the importance of this and taking a drop of blood from your card residence will be discussed. 

Providing blood of the owner establishes the first line of connection between resider and owner. This first connection gives the butler permission to awaken and reveal themselves to the world outside their card...

Somi's eyes widened. A drop of blood? Her blood, going onto a card? What sort of madness was this? And why was she getting up to find something she could use to draw blood with? With wide eyes, Somi looked back at her reflection in the bathroom mirror that stared at her. Her breath shook as she blinked, bringing her thumb to her lips.

"It'll be done before you know it," She told herself over her thumb, that was the only way she could handle pain, by reminding herself it wouldn't last forever. So she bit down on her flesh and pulled, her thumb stung and her face scrunched up, tasting blood on her bottom lip as she looked down at the small wound she had inflicted on herself. Blood slowly trembled from the cut and she turned her thumb down to the card, swiping across and in a breath. She put her thumb in and walked back out to her room, putting the card down to pick up the book and finish off what she had been reading.

Once the words were all stored in her mind, what she did next felt natural as she acted without a thought. She rapped her knuckles on the card, but what happened next wasn't an appearance of elegance and ease like she was used to with Hyunwoo. It was en entrance of terror, horror at being called out to make an entrance that was never desired to be made.

Somi gasped and jumped back on her bed, holding her hands up to cover her face and protect herself from the flying book. Then she shook as her study chair was knocked over and a body slammed into her desk and the wall, hands slapping and pushing things with wild noises coming out of the new mouth in the room.

"Woah there" Somi wasn't aware of when she was on her feet cornered on her bed with her window at her left and the wall on her right, her poor pillow suffering under the weight of her feet. But this boy was wild, looking for an escape, a way to hide. His card was in her hand, he just had to grab it and then he could run free.

"Ya!" Somi exclaimed dodging the jumpy boy and falling back on her bed. His weight pressed over her and she rolled out from underneath him, backing up into her desk as she gasped with wide eyes staring back at him. He let out a distressed scream and rushed towards her again to fight for the card.

"Back up!" Somi shouted with her hands pushing his body away, he had a grip on the card, then it was gone and he slid across the wooden floor, shock by Somi's strength.

"Don't even think about doing that again" Somi pointed a finger at the male she had released in her room, he scampered back as she hid the card in her pocket. Somi didn't know what to do when this 'Changkyun' boy ripped open her closet doors and hid himself between the clothes hanging in there, he made strange noises and settled with whimpers, big eyes cautiously watching her.

"Have we finished roughhousing with each other and making a mess?" Somi breathed out in a small voice. Changkyun blinked at her as she carefully moved and picked up her books, piling back up on her desk and on her bed. She pushed her chair back in and stood up the lamp that had been tipped on its side. Changkyun wasn't persuaded by her calmness as Somi calmed down from the shock of the situation. So this is what he meant. The thought briefly passed Somi as she picked up her pencil case and the things that had scattered out of it so that it could be put with her books again.

She turned back to her closet and Changkyun gasped, falling back into the closet and hiding behind the hanging clothes with a harsh tug to make them cover his face. Somi let out a breath, staying in her place as she tried to think of what to do, first she looked for her card case and put Changkyun's card in it so that it was safely hidden from him. 

Carefully, Somi sat in front of the closet, pushing the doors back so that they would stay open without hitting her. Then she put her hand out so that it was in front of the lap of the boy, who visibly bristled at the sight of the up-facing palm.

"Changkyun, my name is Han Somi, and I don't want to treat you like that other boy did"

"I-I'm only a B grade card" He squirmed, the hand didn't move and Changkyun tried to disappear through the wall of the closet he was pressing his back to.

"I noticed that" Somi confirmed and Changkyun swallowed thickly.

"So you don't need me" He didn't stutter this time and Somi in a breath.

"We don't know that, we also don't know if maybe you need me, or maybe you need to be alone," She told him, fingers twitching under Changkyun's wary eyes.

"Let's figure that out Changkyun"

------------

"You haven't read the book have you?" Somi blinked at the book that Changkyun was looking at and shrugged as she left the room. Changkyun's eyes widened and he snatched

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter