Twentieth

Stunning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Twentieth 

"You again" It wasn't anything offensive coming from Somi. Jooheon just took it as her way to greet him now that he made the effort to approach.

"Mhm," Jooheon hummed, stuffing his hands in his pockets. Warily, Jooheon looked Somi up and down, eyeing the uniform she was wearing. He didn't look surprised by the new uniform, instead, he scrutinised her for wearing it with his eyes.

"Right," Hearing nothing from Jooheon, Somi went back to scrolling through the titles of the books on the shelves.

"I saw you getting trash-talked by some of the other snobby kids the other day" Jooheon suddenly admitted and Somi's brow went up, surprised, but not surprised enough to gasp at him.

"That's interesting" She muttered, not really interested in the topic of her classmates. But Jooheon wasn't finished talking about them, instead, he was frustrated enough to keep them on his mind.

"Do you really just go around letting other scums talk to you like that?" It was like Jooheon couldn't believe how easy-going Somi was when it came to a verbal confrontation.

"Why should I waste my time on them?" Somi countered with her shoulders shrugging.

"You literally just allow them to push you around. You're tolerating them" Argued Jooheon, throwing his hands up to further state how serious he was about this.

"I don't think I'm tolerating them."

"If you weren't they wouldn't keep coming back with something to say, would they?"

"Say Jooheon, how do you know if it's more than one huh? What would you know about the happenings of my days?" Somi rose an eyebrow; she had put Jooheon on the spot now.

"Don't assume I'm following you around," He quipped, trying to save himself, "People are talking about you everywhere I go, gossiping and laughing about you behind your back."

"Right," Somi nodded, acting as if she totally believed Jooheon.

"Well, if that's how they choose to spend their time, that's on them not me" Somi continued to reiterate how she didn't care what the students surrounding her had to say.

"They think you're a pathetic excuse for the Han name, and I wouldn't put it past them to be right" Jooheon looked Somi up and down as if she was as pathetic as everyone was apparently saying she was.

"What do you get out of this Jooheon?" Somi suddenly snapped, slamming the book back into place when it didn't meet her needs. She turned her dark eyes to Jooheon, who met her glare steadily without a flinch.

"You've piqued my interest. If you're as pathetic as they all say you are, how do you have such highly trained cards within your grasp and what are you doing to them?"

"I'm really starting to question what you consider interesting or entertaining" Jooheon shrugged his shoulders and stared at her, leaning against the bookshelf as silence fell between them as Jooheon waited for Somi to answer his question.

"You can stop staring; I have nothing that requires being explained to the likes of you" Somi commented. Why was it always so challenging to find history books in this library?

"Is that so?" Jooheon pondered, finding Somi to be amusing.

"That is right" Jooheon followed Somi around the aisle. That was where his point was proven. Somi realised just how right Jooheon was about the extent of trash-talking the student body was engaging in when it came to her.

"That's her? That thing?"

"That's right, she recently battled Do Byul and came in a draw. Can you believe it?"

"When she looks like that? No way, she's so weak looking how could Byul not win against her?"

"Well, it's true, that's the other Han girl. She looks like scum compared to how strong Yuri is" They weren't even attempting to whisper. Somi turned around to look at them. She didn't have to say anything. Just let them know that they were heard. A body blocked her vision and Somi looked up, meeting the dark brown eyes of Jooheon, his expression was flat but he looked interested in what she would possibly do next.

"What can you do to them? You're on your own in here" He pointed out.

"Every time she's in here, that guy is too" A female student commented to her friend in passing, they looked younger than Somi and her eyes followed them until they went somewhere behind Jooheon's large frame. He wasn't moving out of her way any time soon.

"Why does it matter to you?" Somi muttered, turning again to face the books. She plucked the first one she saw from the bunch and flicked it open. It didn't have what she needed.

"It doesn't matter to me at all, really," Jooheon looked over his shoulder. Sure enough, the two were still talking amongst themselves, so clearly that he and Somi could both hear them, "I'm just curious" Turning on his feet, he faced his back to Somi and stared the two students down until they would notice him. When they finally did notice eyes on them, their mouths stopped moving but they stared back, waiting to see what would happen. He didn't look away, eyeing them off until they grew uncomfortable and scowls grew on their faces, creeped out by Jooheon.

"If you got what you came for, why don't you go now? I have no further entertainment to give you." 

"I'm a free man," Jooheon reminded Somi when he had won his little contest. He strolled around Somi.

"I have all the time in the world with nowhere else to be" Jooheon was smiling like it was a dream come true for him.

"You could go and spend time with your friend Minhyuk," Somi remembered how she had seen the two of them together. Jooheon's face dropped; he was not impressed by the mention of Minhyuk.

"That is the last thing I would want to spend my time doing" He scowled and Somi rose an eyebrow.

"What? Harassing me comes up spending time with your friend? That's sad for Minhyuk" Somi commented half-heartedly with her eyes on the words in the book between her fingers.

"He's not my friend" He denied flatly and Somi looked up from her book to look at Jooheon.

"If you say so" She shrugged, returning to her book again.

"I do" Jooheon nodded, leaning against the bookshelf again.

"Look how informal that butler is"

"Ok, he's not your friend then" Somi conceded for the sake of Jooheon's happiness.

"That's right, and maybe you're not too pathetic. You can listen and learn at least."

"Why are you so invested in if I am pathetic or not?" Somi sighed harshly, glaring at Jooheon.

"What, you don't like it? I just complimented you" Jooheon stepped back.

"Who would like to constantly hear the word 'pathetic' constantly being associated with them? And who would like other people making assumptions about them right to their face?" Jooheon wasn't going to say that he was wrong, but Somi figured that her point had gotten across when he put his hands up in surrender, backing off from the topic.

"Ok, I found what I need. Let's leave" Somi huffed, satisfied that the book she was reading was going to be able to help her.

"Why am I leaving with you?" The male retorted and Somi looked Jooheon up and down this time.

"Are you saying that you want to stay here? You can do that if you want. I don't care" Somi started to walk to the main desk without waiting for Jooheon to answer. She began getting the book getting checked out as Jooheon watched her in disbelief, scoffing to himself before he stomped after her, beating her out the door and stalking away.

"Bye then Jooheon" Somi muttered to herself, rolling her eyes as she too went her own way.

"Seeing you walking on your own is becoming a common thing I see" Startled out of her own thoughts, Somi slowed to a stop as she looked up.

"Minhyuk" Somi acknowledged the male.

"What are you doing out on your own?" He questioned her and Somi gestured to the book that she was carrying.

"Hunting for resources, I wasn't really on my own though. I had a friend of yours with me."

"I only have one person I like to call a friend, and I don't actually mean it" Minhyuk retorted and Somi rolled her eyes.

"Jooheon just went that way" Somi chucked a thumb over her shoulder and Minhyuk's eyes found a spark that was missing previously, excited by the thought of causing some trouble for Jooheon. He his lips and Somi smiled knowingly. These two were more interesting than she wanted to admit.

"Minhyuk" Somi called as Minhyuk waltzed past her, eager to catch up to Jooheon. He stopped, looking back over his shoulder like Somi was.

"Thanks for walking me home that one time. Please don't tell the others I was out that late though. They'll kill me."

"They don't like me enough to engage in such conversation anyway" Minhyuk answered before his long legs carried him away in Jooheon's direction. Somi sighed, cradling the book she had borrowed.

"If they keep showing up around me, people are gonna think they're part of my deck" Muttering her problems to herself, Somi scuffled home to her dorm, looking forward to the warm living room and the faces of the four waiting for her at home more and more as the elevator carried her up to her floor slowly.

"Hiya!" Somi threw the newly acquired book through the door to her dorm. Her fist followed quickly after the book made a smack against Hyunwoo's chest but Hyunwoo caught her fist and used it to drag her through the door.

"If I were a kidnapper, you would have been dead by now" He warned Somi as she recovered from the shock of what was going on.

"What was that for?!" She demanded.

"Training" Hyunwoo explained. When Somi looked through the dorm, Hoseok, Hyungwon and Changkyun were stationed in different places, watching Hyunwoo's grand performance.

"Ok?" Her brain was still catching up, unsure of what had just happened.

"You failed the training" Pointed out Hyunwoo.

"I'm sorry."

"Say that to your life that just got taken away from you" Hyunwoo retorted, stunning Somi.

"You all just allowed this to happen?" Three sets of shrugging shoulders answered her.

"He simply said he had some training for you upon your return." 

"Some training" Somi commented under her breath as Hyunwoo picked up the book that had been thrown at him.

"You gave your weapon away to the murderer."

"How stupid of me. Thank the stars it wasn't really a murderer and it was just you Hyunwoo" Somi commented full of sarcasm, causing Hyunwoo to purse his lips at her.

"I am preparing you for a very dangerous situation" He explained.

"Thank you for doing so Hyunwoo" Somi nodded, moving to where her books were spread over the dining table.

"You are welcome" Somi looked up from hunching over her things on the table, unable to tell if Hyunwoo was also being sarcastic due to his blunt tone.

"Right," Somi sighed, giving up and sitting herself down.

"Do you need any help with your work my lady?" Hoseok offered and Somi looked up again, shaking her head.

"Oh no thank you Hoseok, it's for History. I do appreciate the offer though" Her smile gave away her appreciation as Hoseok nodded.

"Somi, we will need to go shopping for food soon" Hyungwon mentioned from inside the fridge. Somi's head bobbed.

"Alright, we can go this evening" She replied, delighting Hyungwon. That was when everyone settled, with Hyunwoo sitting down across from Somi, keeping an eye on her and what Changkyun had put on the tv.

------------

"Have you heard anything?"

"Not since she was last seen at the library with the other male, Miss Yuri" Kihyun bowed his head politely, but Yuri huffed in dissatisfaction, scowling her face to show how displeased she was.

"Nothing on Hyunwoo at all?" Yuri's claws dug into the arms of the chair she was sitting on. She struggled to control how her temple was rising.

"Not since the battle Miss Somi faced in class" Kihyun explained with a shake of her head.

"Don't call her that!" Snapped Yuri. Kihyun swallowed, keeping his head down and deepening the bow he presented to Yuri.

"Yes Miss Yuri, I apologise" Kihyun could sense that Yuri was raging, soon she would be screaming and swearing, something that Kihyun had grown used to. He just hoped he could be out of harm's way; Yuri could get dangerous when she was angered. Kihyun peeked to take a look. Yuri was getting red in the face. It was time for him to step away if he wanted minimal damage of any sort. Yuri snapped to stand up, the pacing began and that was when Kihyun evacuated to the corner of the room. She was only taking her anger out on him if he tried to leave the room. Kihyun just knew it.

"Where is she hiding him? She's no good for him. Hyunwoo needs someone stronger" The ball was rolling, and Yuri was spiralling. This had been happening more often lately. What was rare for Yuri was now a regular occasion.

"She can't hide him forever!" Yuri's fingers tangled into her hair, and her head spun to find Kihyun, wild eyes pinned on him.

"Right?" Yuri barked, demanding for Kihyun to agree with her, to be on her side.

"That's right Miss Yuri" Kihyun knew that this was when his job was at its most important. This was when Yuri needed him and he was reminded that he was brought here to be here for his lady.

Kihyun didn't like the thought of Hyunwoo being here to look after his lady. Yuri constantly mentioned him, and constantly sent Kihyun out looking for him, to watch what he and Somi were up to. If Hyunwoo being here with Yuri is what was going to make her happy, then Kihyun knew that he would have to put his own feelings and desires aside to help Yuri with achieving her desires.

Take your time my lady.

------------

Somi had finally gotten everything she needed out of the book she had borrowed. All that was left for her to do with it was return it to the library, another trip that she decided to take on her own, much to the chagrin of the four that she left at home. But it was nice to spend some time to herself, even if the others thought it was just asking the other students to come and say something to her, or worse, jump her.

"Just remember what we have taught you" Hyungwon reminded Somi on her way out of the door. Somi liked the way that the peace and quiet gave her mind time to think and wander rather than being caught up in conversation or bickering that would normally surround her lately. The thought of how rowdy her newfound friends were reminded her of the ones that she had back home, the ones that hadn't heard from her since she had left. There was a pang of immense guilt that Somi felt after she had gone quiet on her friends, but keeping them at a distance was the only way she could keep her new life a secret.

As per normal, and much to Somi's frustration she was soon reminded that the boys were right more than she was when her thoughts were obnoxiously interrupted. This person though, even as he made his brave approach, Somi knew he was easy. He greeted her with a prod to her forehead that Somi shoved away with more force than the male was used to coming from her. They glared at each other for a moment before he broke out into laughter.

"Fancy seeing you around. You know I thought I would never find you again. I heard you moved into the higher grade; is that right? I can't believe they would take someone like you on for that position" Anyone would think that she had moved to the other side of the world.

"Well, clearly they see something in me that they don't see in you. I've heard you've tried many times to get into the higher grade with no success. Is that right Seungyoon?" Somi gave herself the upper hand for the moment as steam tumbled from Seungyoon's ears. Her words had managed to stab Seungyoon where he was trying to stab her.

"It's nice to see you, I was wondering if you would ever change, but it's clear you're the same mole that you always are" She continued. Somi was prepared for the impact when Seungyoon turned things around. He shoved her to the side, intending for her to tumble to the ground. It didn't happen, instead, Somi scuffled back, smiling when she was still on her feet and Seungyoon's nostrils flared in an unattractive display of his rage.

"Don't go grinning at me. I'm not finished with you after what you took from me."

"Oh, you mean Changkyun? I wouldn't worry about wasting your time on trying to attain him again; he's moved onto better things and is doing a lot better now" Somi informed Seungyoon. He didn't like her answer. So, he swung his fist and Somi was only quick enough to cover her face with the book, letting it take the brunt of the hit. Seungyoon swung again and Somi lowered her arms to protect her stomach, but there was no pulling in Seungyoon's punches. He was using his strength and Somi was already stiff and sore, still covered in sores and bruises from Byul's attacks.

"Not so tough on your own, are ya girl?" Somi rolled her eyes, she was hoping to spend some time on her own, but that just didn't seem to be going well for her lately. And now to make matters worse, Seungyoon thought that he was going to be able to push Somi around and get his revenge, something Somi wondered if he would ever get over.

I didn't let the book go this time.

"You seem to think that every time you see me, you know that?" Somi remarked, staying in her place, not intimidated when Seungyoon stepped to be in her personal space.

"You still haven't figured out brushing your teeth?" Somi put a hand over her face as if she was blocking the smell of Seungyoon's breath.

"Your witty comments are not what I came here for. You know what I want" Seungyoon had his fist clenching the collar of Somi's sweater as quick as she could blink. She put a hand over his hand and squeezed, showing she was just as determined as he was.

"And like I said last time, you're not getting him back. He's happier with me. Never in my life will I allow a piece of scum like you to cross his path ever again" Somi grit her teeth, glaring into Seungyoon's eyes.

"I don't care if he's happy or not, hand him over" Seungyoon put his hand out as if he expected Somi to just hand Changkyun's card to him. She knew she didn't have any of the cards on her though. The way Seungyoon enraged Somi, but for the sake of the people back home, she kept herself level-headed, as level-headed as anyone by the name of Han Somi could be.

"How about we make a deal?" Somi proposed, catching Seungyoon's attention but further frustrating him at the same time. The corner of her lips curled and her hand around Seungyoon's gripped his, clenching tightly.

"What deals could someone like you make?" He shook Somi but she ignored it for Seungyoon's sake.

"You step back and let go of my sweater, and I won't punch your lights out. How does that sound? Because over my dead body will you get what you want" Sneering, Somi grits her teeth with a dangerous glare in her eyes. Seungyoon was making this battle an extremely personal battle.

"How about I just do it for you anyway?" Somi wasn't expecting further company, and by the looks of Seungyoon's expression, neither was he. Somi managed to step back and that was when a fist flew past her face, making her think it was time for her lights to go out. There was a harsh wind that breezed past Somi's face and then a crunch, her collar was released and Seungyoon was cradling his nose. Somi gasped, covering and clinging the book to her chest.

"What the -" She muffled, looking to the culprit.

"Jooheon?"

"What did I tell you about people coming back to mess with you? Put things to a stop quicker next time" He instructed.

"Who the are you?!" Seungyoon spat. There was blood going everywhere, Jooheon had broken Seungyoon's nose and he wasn't handling the situation very well as the blood flowed uncontrollably, the pain obviously unbearable. 

"Good luck explaining yourself when you get to the nurse's office" Jooheon retorted, ignoring what Seungyoon had said as he dragged Somi by the wrist until they were away from the scene with Seungyoon on his own to muster his strength and get help.

"Jooheon" If she said his name again, Jooheon was going to think Somi had forgotten how to say anything else.

"Where are you trying to go on your own this time? Why didn't you punch him out before he could put his hands on you? Are you stupid?"

"I was returning my book" Somi answered, lifting up said book for Jooheon to see, not that Jooheon cared to look at it.

"Where are your servants?" Jooheon snapped and Somi narrowed her eyes at him dangerously.

"They're not my servants" She snapped, releasing herself from Jooheon's grip to carry on towards the library.

"Whatever they are, where are they and why are they letting you walk around on your own?" Jooheon demanded an answer as he followed Somi, causing her more frustration that stopped her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter