Adopt me

Zookeeper Jihyo

Today was Saturday, which means a day off for Jihyo, but instead of having no alarm, her phone rang which woke both her and the dog in her arms. Tzuyu sprang up right away and looked for the source of noise and Jihyo groggily picked the phone up, it wasn't an alarm, it was Seulgi calling.

"Hello......"

"Hey! Sorry to call you on the weekend but yesterday when I told you to bring Tzuyu home, I forgot that it was the weekend so can you please look after Tzuyu for 2 more days, we've finished the adoption papers and when Tzuyu gets back on Monday, we can officially put her up for adoption. Pleaseeee Jihyo."

"Okay okay. Please just make sure whoever is adopting Tzuyu, please make it someone who will love her a lot and is a nice decent human being."

"Well, she hasn't gotten any offers yet but I'll make sure of it. A nice and decent human being who will love her a lot sounds like I don't know...you."

"Me? Adopting Tzuyu? No way, I can't take care of a dog, and I spend way too much time at the zoo most days, so Tzuyu will feel alone if she lives with me, it's just a no situation."

"Aww, she seems to really like you. But your choice. See you on Monday then. Byeeee."

Jihyo hung up and looked at Tzuyu who was laying on her lap, motionless, she looks more limpy than usual, she's totally just sinking into Jihyo's lap.

"Hey Tzuyu, let's get breakfast."

Tzuyu stayed still. 

Jihyo got confused and carried Tzuyu off her lap and put her on the bed then went to wash her face and brush her teeth. Tzuyu didn't follow.

Jihyo sat back on the bed and look at Tzuyu. She looked really sad. Just having her face on the bed and looking at Jihyo with sad eyes.

"Tzuyu what's wrong?"

Tzuyu just whimpered and looked away. 

Jihyo got worried and called one of her friends who was a vet. 

"Hello? Sunmi unnie. Help."

"Jihyo baby, what's wrong?"

"Well, the zoo told me to take care of this dog and today it looks really sad, it just whimpered. I don't know what to do."

"Okay, bring it over to my office and I'll see what I can do."

 

"What's her name?"

"Tzuyu."

"Hey Tzuyu, be a good girl while I inspect you okay?"

Sunmi started examining Tzuyu body, and did some check ups, Jihyo watching axiously the whole time. 

"Jihyo, there's nothing wrong with this dog. It's perfectly healthy, but from what I can tell, it's really sad, depressed even."

"Wha-what? But it was just fine yesterday."

"Hm...after you get it home, try to be active with it. Play catch with it or go on a walk with it."

"Okay unnie, thank you."

The whole time, Tzuyu had her head on the metal table and looked at Jihyo. 

Jihyo came over to her and patted her head. 

"Come on Tzuyu, lets go."

Tzuyu didn't get up so Jihyo carried her to her car, then placed Tzuyu in the backseat so the dog can lay more comfortably. Jihyo drove to the pet store, got a ball and a leash.

She then drove to the park then placed the leash on Tzuyu who, stayed laying on the ground, looking even more sad. 

"Come on Tzuyu, let's go on a walk. Tzuyu?"

Tzuyu stayed laying on the ground, as still as a rock. 

"Come on Tzuyu, if you don't go, I'll leave you here."

Jihyo said playfully. 

The dog then growled lowly and looked the other way. 

Go ahead, you're gonna leave me anyways. 

Jihyo's eyes widened, it's weird how she can understand Tzuyu sometimes. She sat down next to the depressed dog and started petting it, while the dog looked at her and kept growling. 

I wanna stay with you. 

Jihyo smiled and shook her head. 

"I can't look after you, you'll be alone most of the time while I'm at work."

Tzuyu slowly stood up and growled. 

It's you or no one. 

Then she ran away, Jihyo got surprised and ran after her, she got tired after a few minutes of sprinting after it and her leg gave out. She fell onto the ground while panting. 

"Tzuyu, come back!"

"Jihyo!"

The girl looked at the person who called her name, it was Seulgi, who was holding Tzuyu in her arms.

"Seulgi! OMG you caught her."

"Yeah, I saw her running. What happened?"

"Well, she's been really sad all morning. I took her to the vet and they said she's just really sad for some reason. So I took her out here and she well, ran off."

Tzuyu growled the whole time in Seulgi's arms and even barked.

"So, have you found an owner for Tzuyu?"

"Well, we got a few offers, I am getting them background checked right now but umm...can you please hold Tzuyu, her paws are digging into my shoulders and I'm scared she's gonna bite me any second."

Jihyo gently got Tzuyu into her arms and looked at her. 

"Bad girl."

Tzuyu growled. 

Let go of me hooman, I don't need you and I don't need anyone. 

Jihyo placed Tzuyu on the ground but held onto the leash so Tzuyu couldn't run off anymore. Seulgi and her talked while the dog tried to bite the leash. 

"Who knows? There might be more dog abusers out there and we don't even know it."

"Yeah it's sick."

They continued talking while Tzuyu went up to Jihyo and started biting her pants trying to get her to let go of the leash but Jihyo didn't notice, Tzuyu tried more but then accident bit Jihyo's leg, hard.

Jihyo let out a yelp and fell onto the ground letting go of the leash but Tzuyu didn't run away. She looked as Seulgi ran over to Jihyo and check on her leg.

"OMG Jihyo your leg is bleeding."

"I...i'm fine. Really."

"No you're not!"

"It just hurts a little."

"Go sit on the bench, I'll go buy some stuff to patch it up for you."

Jihyo stood up and limped over to sit on the bench, forgetting about Tzuyu. But the dog followed her, feeling guilty and looked up at Jihyo who wasn't looked at her but is trying to suppress the pain. 

Jihyo looked down at her bleeding leg.

"Damn it hurts so bad."

Jihyo tried holding in her tears but she couldn't, it hurts really bad as the minutes went by. Seulgi came back and saw Jihyo crying, she hugged her. 

"It's okay, you'll be fine."

She got straight to cleaning and bandaging Jihyo's wound.

Tzuyu looked at her and Jihyo finally noticed the dog, who was looking super guilty and whimpered when Jihyo patted her head.

Now you'll never love me. No one will ever love me. 

​​​​​​"It's okay Tzuyu, you didn't mean it." 

"Hey Jihyo, how about I take Tzuyu today. She might need a break from you."

"Sure."

Tzuyu barked loudly and ran onto Jihyo's lap, hiding her head and started shaking.

"Looks like she doesn't want to be away from you, I don't know how she's gonna live with her new owner."

 

Jihyo hugged Tzuyu. 

Tzuyu put her two front legs around Jihyo's neck and whimpered into her ear.

Please love me again. Please don't chuck me away. 

Jihyo sighed and continued petting Tzuyu. 

​​​​​​​​​​​​"Unless her new owner is me."

"What? Seriously?? After she bit you?"

"I'm sure she didn't mean it. I'll adopt her, under one condition."