Starting

Zookeeper Jihyo

Park Jihyo, a hard worker that just freshly graduated from college with many job offers. Jihyo has always been fond of animals so when she saw that a zoo had offered her a job, she grabbed the opportunity right away. Today was her first day at the job, yes, she was anxious, the thought of taking care of animals like tigers made her feel worried because what if one of them attacked her. She pushed all those scary thoughts away and signed in at the registration desk.

"Oh hey there, are you new?"

"Yeah, I'm really excited!"

"Well now, some of these animals are really wild, they won't hurt you though, I hope. My name is Yeri by the way."

"Nice to meet you Yeri, I'm Jihyo, I'll look forward to working with you!"

"Alright now, good luck!"

 

Jihyo gulped, the first enclosure she was assigned to was the ostrich enclosure. Don't get her wrong, she liked ostriches but they're so big and unpredictable, she has seen those videos on YouTube where they chase people and it was honestly quite funny but terrifying at the same time.

"Alright Jihyo, your first mission is to feed the ostriches and patch up one of them, one has been injured on the leg because it fell while running around. Take the bucket of food and the first aid kit, good luck newbie."

 

Jihyo gulped as soon as she entered the enclosure, all the ostriches stopped what they were doing and looked at her, she looked around and saw one sitting near a tree with its head on the ground, that was definitely the injured one. She poured the food onto the ground. 

"Hey birds, um...come eat this delicious food."

The ostriches rushed over to the food which startled Jihyo a little bit but she regained her composure and made her way to the injured ostrich. She cautiously kneeled down next to it and set the stuff down. 

The ostrich moved away from her a little bit.

Jihyo took the info paper and read through it, it had all the ostrich's info including name and age, and how to treat the injury.

"Hey there, Jeongyeon, I'll make the pain go away."

The girl cautiously held her hand out and ostrich looked at it for a moment and moved closer then put its head onto her hand. 

"You're cute. Okay, now I'm going to hold your leg." 

Jihyo fully sat down and placed Jeongyeon's injured leg on her lap, she took out the special liquid and poured it onto the injury, Jeongyeon flinched but Jihyo patted her back which calmed her. The ostrich and her long neck put its head on Jihyo's shoulder and looked at her. Jihyo got startled because the creature was so close to her face, she tried ignoring it but it was kind of hard when Jeongyeon was all up in her face. If Jeongyeon was a human, Jihyo was sure she would be that one annoying bestfriend. 

After washing the ostrich's leg, she applied the ointment and wrapped bandages around it. 

"There you go, now lets get something in your stomach shall we." 

Jihyo reached for the bucket of food, she did pour food for all the other ostriches but she did save some for Jeongyeon. She placed the bucket infront of Jeongyeon which she immediately reached her head into. 

"Enjoy your food, don't trip again." Jihyo patted Jeongyeon for the last time and got up and gathered all her stuff then walked towards the cage's gate. Before Jihyo could open the gate, she heard a squawk so she turned around and saw Jeongyeon limping towards her, the ostrich put its head on Jihyo's chest (ert) and looked up at her with her big black eyes. 

It's like she's saying thank you. Jihyo thought. 

"Awwww, I'll come back with more food next time, be good you cutie." 

Jihyo Jeongyeon's head playfully and got out of the gate, Jeongyeon still looking at her at the other side of the glass, when Jihyo waved, the ostrich rubbed her head against the glass which made Jihyo laugh. 

"How was it?" 

The leader asked Jihyo which she smile at. 

"It was great, Jeongyeon was so well behaved." 

 "Really?!" 

"Yeah, why, is she normally naughty?" 

"Not naughty but she's more like unapproachable, when other zoo keepers try to get near her, she runs away. She hisses at them if they try to touch her." 

"Oh. Well I guess she likes me then. What do you have for me to do next?" 

"Last job for today, check up on the rabbits and feed them, then you can go home, check in with me if any thing's wrong." 

"Got it." 

 

Jihyo felt less nervous because rabbits aren't intimidating, they're so adorable. She opened the enclosure and got her information sheet out, all she had to do was check all the criterias for each rabbit, there were eight in total. 

She went down the list pretty smoothly until she got to the last one, a white rabbit called Nayeon but the problem was, she couldn't find her anywhere. She walked around the enclosure with a line of rabbits following her like ducklings following their mother, because Jihyo was really nice and gentle with them so they got attached to her. 

She walked around and called out Nayeon's name multiple times but she couldn't find her, then she saw a bunch of wood pieces on top of each other and something white sticking out. She ran towards it to find Nayeon trapped under, she panicked and quickly lifted all the wood off of Nayeon and held the rabbit in her arms. Nayeon was soft and adorable, the rabbit looked up at her which hurt Jihyo even more because her face showed that she was in quite a lot of pain. Jihyo quickly ran out and locked the gate, she got Nayeon to the nursery and gave her to one of the nurses. 

She waited outside until a lady in a white coat stepped out. 

"Hello Jihyo, I'm Wendy, Nayeon has an injured left leg but it's not too serious, she'll need to be in here for a couple of days though." 

"Thank you for helping her, can I see her now?" 

Wendy pointed to the door. 

Jihyo walked in and saw Nayeon in a glass cage, she got her out and placed her on her lap. 

"Hey now, it won't hurt soon." 

She the rabbit which it liked and it cuddled more into Jihyo's tummy. It slowly closed its eyes. 

Jihyo while the rabbit felt sleepy as well so she thought it was about time that she went home, she kissed the rabbit's head and slowly placed it back in its cage and got ready to go home. 

But before she went home, she wanted to walk around the zoo to see what animals there are. She walked pass the raccoon enclosure but they were all sleeping and next to it was the squirrel enclosure, they were all awake and running around, climbing on trees and stuff but there was one squirrel that stared at her well she walked pass, she swore she saw a smirk on its face. She kept walking, there were elephants, giraffes and then she spotted the penguin enclosure.

She saw the penguins waddling around and communicating with each other, it was adorable, she saw one penguin in the back laying on its tummy playing with the ice, it was all alone, Jihyo felt kind of sad for it but maybe it was just not in the mood for friends today. 

She kept walking and saw the eagle enclosure and she was amazed, she saw this one eagle that was sleeping peacefully on a branch, it looked so cool. But kind of terrifying at the same time. 

She saw the tiger enclosure which had this one adorable baby tiger inside and it looked like it was playing with its mom, when it saw Jihyo outside the glass, it ran towards her and let out a rawr, Jihyo chuckled because it was adorable, she put the hand on the glass and the baby tiger tried reaching her hand with its paws. 

"You're so cute." 

 

Jihyo walked out of the zoo's gate and saw some of the staff get out of a van and yelled stuff at each other. 

"Alright you restrain its mouth okay?!" 

"Yes sir!"

"I can't belive we have to put this much effort for this dog, it's so aggressive, it might as well be a tiger!" 

"Sir I need help!" 

Jihyo looked at them for a while then walked off. 

"What's that all about."