Her Name

Exo One-Shots 2020
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Jongin was sitting in the dance studio drinking from a water bottle. He was breathing heavily after having been practicing for the past 4 hours. He had been trying to distract himself from the fight he had with his girlfriend the night before, but the harder he practices the more he wanted to see her. Jongin never meant to hurt her with the words that slip out of his mouth. He was just so angry and when he is angry, he can’t always control the words that come out of his mouth. He gets defensive and sometimes says mean things hoping to end the fight and be able to walk away.

            Suddenly, a lunch box gets placed on the floor in front of Jongin. Brought out of his recollecting of how badly he messed up, he looked up at the person who put the lunchbox in front of him. There standing right in front of him, not looking very happy, is the one girl he had been thinking about. “Hwa-Young!” Jongin said surprised he shot up from his sitting position. Without thinking he took a step towards her but stopped the moment he sees her take a step back.

            “Jongin don’t.” Hwa-Young whispered. She looked down at the ground and kicked the floor a little bit. “I am only here as a favor to Kyungsoo. He realized you forgot your wallet and hadn’t brought food with you when you left this morning. You should be more careful; you know how he worries about you possibly making yourself sick practicing too hard.” She refused to look up at him because she knew that if she did, she might forgive him more easily than she should. Hwa-Young needed some time to process everything that happened the night before. She never knew just one word could hurt, so much.

            Jongin pouted, “Please Hwa-Young. I am so sorry. I didn’t mean anything I said last night. I was just angry and wasn’t thinking straight. I would never hurt you on purpose.” He reached out hoping to guide her face to look him in the eye.

            “It’s not something to easily forgive Jongin. This isn’t our first fight, but never once have you ever called me by her name.” Hwa-Young looked up at him with an incredibly hurt look on her face, “I know you tend to say things you don’t mean when you fight with people. This time is different though. You obviously are thinking about your ex still if you are going to call me by her name in the heat of the moment. Jongin, I honestly thought this relationship was becoming more serious, now I really question that. I am starting to think you still aren’t over Krystal. I don’t want to be in a relationship where I am the second girl in your mind.” She finished saying. She watched as he patiently waited for her to finish. Hwa-Young knew he is in a leveled headed state where he will listen to her side and talk it out. She didn’t know if he even knew how he truly feels deep down. Did he still love his ex-girlfriend? Did he even care about her? Had he always been thinking about Krystal when they were together?

            “That’s not how it is I swear. Her name only slipped because I have been dealing with her a lot more lately. We are doing a dance together for the SM concert this year at the request of the big boss man. I swear it has nothing to do with any lingering feelings for her.” Jongin took a step toward her wearily. He can see the anger in her eyes, but he wanted to hold her hand and explain to her what happened.

            “Wait…” she pulled her hand away as she sees him reach for it. “You are working with her and you didn’t tell me? So, all those nights you went home late and couldn’t spend time with me was because you were here alone in a dance studio with Krystal?” Her eyes grew wide and she started backing away while shaking her head. “I understood that you were working hard on a dance for the concert, so I didn’t mind. I didn’t say anything because I knew you were already stressed enough without me bothering you more. I never imagined you were alone with another woman the whole time though.”

            “What? No. Nothing happened, Hwa-Young. We were never alone. Sehun and Luna were always here as well. We were never alone, and nothing happened between us besides dance practice.” Jongin started to panic as she started to back closer and closer to the door.

            “You still didn’t tell me. You didn’t think that I should know that you are here working at the studio with your ex-girlfriend, while I am constantly worrying that you are forgetting to eat or over stressing your body. No all you think about is that you need to prefect your dances so you need to practice everyday WITH YOUR EX for hours on end. All you ever think about is how to make your dancing better. Don’t get me wrong I understand this is your passion and your dream to be a dancer, but did you ever think about my feelings? About how I might feel about you dancing with your ex or spending so much time with her? You could have at least told me that it was happening.” Hwa-Young kept going without taking a breath. It was getting hard for her to think straight. It felt like is closing, and she didn’t know what to do. Right at that moment Krystal walked through the door and bound over to Jongin’s side.

            “Jongin you have been practicing your solo long enough for today it’s time to practice our dance.” She grabbed his arm before turning and looking at Hwa-Young. “Oh, who is this?” She asked all perky.

            Hwa-Young looked at Krystal holding onto Jongin, “Nobody important.” She said before looking at the man himself, “Jongin try to remember your food or at least your wallet from now on. Don’t keep worrying Kyungsoo like that because he has a life too and can’t always bring you food. I won’t be coming back here again.” She turned and walked out the door before Jongin could stop her. He turned and punched the closest wall to him.

            Krystal turnd to him with surprised eyes, “What was that all about?” she looked towards his hand to make sure it isn’t bleeding.

            “That was my girlfriend. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter