Dog Found

Exo One-Shots 2020
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           Lee Eunhye has always been kind and caring of living thing on the earth, but even more so for animals. It is the reason she chose to become a vet. So, one day when she saw a dog in the middle of the road about to get hit by a car, she took it upon herself to save it. She ran out in front of the car and put herself between the poor pup and the car, which luckily hit its breaks in time not to hit her or the dog.

            “Are you crazy?! You could have been killed if I hadn’t hit my breaks.” The driver yelled out of the window.

            “Better me than the dog. You should pay more attention to the road when you are driving instead of your phone.” Eunhye snapped back while picking up the dog and carrying it to the sidewalk. Not caring to listen to the driver any further she began to check the dog to make sure it wasn’t injured. In the process she learned the pup was a male, Bichon Frise. “You are such a beautiful dog. Now where is your mommy and daddy so I can make sure you get home safely, sweetheart.” She questioned the dog after noticing he was missing his collar. She could tell with how well-groomed he was that this was in no way a street dog, so it must have gotten lose. The question is how far it had traveled before ending up in the middle of the street. She looked around trying to spot someone who might look anxious or obviously searching for the pup, but no one seemed to even take a second glace around.

            Eunhye spent the next 30 minutes asking people if they knew who the puppy belonged to or if they had seen where he had come from. No one seemed to have ever seen the dog before. It was starting to get dark and Eunhye didn’t want to leave the dog out in the street and the vet she worked at had been closed for at least an hour by now. “For tonight I am going to take you home with me, Okay sweetie?” She says as she picks the dog up and cradles him in her arms. He happily her face and she pets his head gently while smiling.

            Once Eunhye got home she pulled out her dog supplies. She kept some in her house because there are times where she needs to foster an animal or two that were found hurt or sick on the streets of Seoul. She puts a couple of bowls down putting dog food in one and water in the other. “I wish I knew your name. It’s kind of hard talking to you without knowing what to call you. Tomorrow I will go into work and see if I can find anything about you in our computer system. If we are lucky, we will find your parents quickly and get you home before they become too worried about you.” She pets the puppy one more time before going to her room to get cleaned up after handling animals all day and head to bed.

            The next morning when Eunhye wakes up it is to the dog curled up into her side on her bed. “Okay, buddy, wake up. I need to take you for a walk before I head to work.” She stretches and goes into her bathroom to change and wash her face. When she enters the sitting room of her apartment however it’s to find that the puppy has already peed right next to her front door. “Oh nooo. Dammit I should have put a pee pad out before going to bed last night. I am so sorry sweetie. Let me clean that up and I will take you out just encase before heading to work, okay?” She runs into the kitchen for some paper towels and cleaner. Then turns her coffee maker on while passing by it back towards the door. She quickly cleans up after the poor dog who is sitting with its tail between its legs and its face down.

            “Don’t be upset, buddy. I don’t blame you, it’s my fault for not thinking to put out some pee pads okay.” She tries to comfort him while scratching his head. After putting the cleaning supplies back away, Eunhye puts a spare collar and leash she has on the pup and takes him out for a walk. As soon as he is outside though he makes quick work of peeing and pooping on a tree right outside her apartment building. When she takes him back inside, she pours herself a travel cup of coffee and goes around to make sure she is leaving the dog with a decent amount of food and water. She double checks to make sure she put out a couple of pee pads before bending down in front of the dog. “I am going to work I will be back in about 7 hours. If I for some reason can’t find your family in the vet’s computer system, I will be taking a few photos of you tonight so we can make some signs to post around in hopes of finding you a way back home again.” With one final look at the sad dog Eunhye walks out her apartment door, making sure it locks behind her, and heads off to work.

            At work she puts on her lab coat and turns to the front desk assistant, “Hey, Soomi, can you do me a favor and look through our clients for a male, Bichon Frise, about 3 years old?” she asks. Then starts to review her schedule of appointments for the day.

            “Any particular reason?” Soomi inquired. Going straight to searching their files for that specific breed, gender, and age dog.

            “Yea I found one on the street on the way home after dinner last night and I am trying to find its owner so I can get him back home safely.” Eunhye started to look at the results over Soomi’s shoulder. All the results are for dogs over the age of 6 and she knows the puppy back at her apartment was in no way that old. “Crap, I guess I am going to have to make posters after all. I was hoping this would have been a lot easier than that.” Soomi turned in her chair to look at Eunhye.

            “I know dogs can be so annoying sometimes.” Soomi laughed.

            “That’s not why I wanted it to be easy. I can’t imagine how worried his owner must be. I figured that if I found the owner in the system, I could relieve their worries quickly.” Eunhye give a slight smack on Soomi’s shoulder for her rude remark. The girl let out a small yelp at the attack and went to defend herself but was interrupted by a client.

            “Is my precious Binxie going to be seen sometime today or are you two going to keep yapping your mouths?” Both Eunhye and Soomi turned to see a very spoiled, pampered, FAT, fluffy white cat in the complaining man’s arms.

            “Yes, of course, Mr. Kim. Right this way into Exam room #2 for you and Little Binx.” Eunhye tried to reply as politely as she could, smacking Soomi again before walking away towards the room she mentioned because Soomi had rolled her eyes at the client.

            Later that day Eunhye was walking home with food in her arms when she accidentally bumped into someone. She was about to fall backwards when strong firm arms wrapped around her waist and leveled her back onto steady feet. “Oh my gosh, I am so so sorry. I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going. Are you okay?” asked a deep voice. Eunhye looked up to see she had bumped into a tall handsome man.

            “Oh yes I am fine.” She replied quickly with a shake of her head when she realized she had been staring into his beautiful brown eyes for far too long. He pulled his hat further down on his head and started to look around him anxiously like he was waiting for something or someone to come out and attack him at any moment.

            At that moment they heard someone yell whispered, “Hey Sehun, hurry up would you! Someone has already put up on one of the fan sites that we were spotted around here! We don’t have any more time! Let’s go!” the shorter man barely got the words out of his mouth before he was running away.

            “Seriously again I am so sorry, but I don’t have time. Seems like I owe you a meal though.” He looked down at the ground where the bag that held her dinner still sat before running away.

            “But you don’t even know how to contact me,” she tried to say but he was already long gone. She leans down and picks up the bag. “Oh well, I guess its ramen tonight.” She looks in the bag seeing her food in no longer in its container before sighing and turning to finish walking home.

            At home after cleaning up the dirty pee pads, Eunhye took a quick shower. She walked into the sitting room where the puppy was playing with some toys on the floor. Setting her camera down on the coffee table for a second, she picks him up and sat him on the couch. “Can you look at the camera for a couple minutes, so I can get a couple decent photos of you for a flyer. I want to find your home as soon as possible.” She knew that asking a dog who wasn’t trained for dog shows to sit still could be sometimes be a pain, but she didn’t realize it would be an hour and a half long pain. All the dog wanted to do was her face, run in circles chasing his tail, or run off the couch to get his toys

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter