SEVEN: JIYONG

ALL FOR HER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I’m outside GZB, the secret hideout I used to share with Chaerin when we were both stupidly broken from the past. It’s been a while since I last stepped foot here because I’ve alluded this place with my past heartaches. I didn’t find the need to be back, not since Dara and I got back together.

 

But now, it is just the place I needed to do this.

 

I’m meeting Jooyeon for that consultation job she gave me. I would’ve changed my mind, to be honest, but her boyfriend offered a handsome amount I can use for the apartment lease my realtor wanted me to see. I haven’t been to the place yet, but it seemed like the perfect place for me and Dee.

 

This side gig shouldn’t be that bad anyway. 

 

I chose a corner booth as I checked on Dara to take her lunch on time. She’s going home with me tonight for another week, and I can’t wait to be with her again. I missed her over the weekend.

 

“Hey!”

 

That grating voice had me looking up. Jooyeon looked out of place in this bar as she wore a business suit with dark glasses, as if she’s afraid to be identified by the public.

 

“Where’s your boyfriend? I thought he’d meet us here?”

 

The only reason I agreed to meet outside with her is because she said her boyfriend-slash-business partner will be joining us.

 

“He had to go to a family emergency. Is this going to be awkward, Jiyong?”

 

She caught me off-guard with her question, and I would sound dumb if I said yes.

 

“Well, let’s just get this over with.”

 

She ing clapped her hands again, like a kid, and I already know I’ll hate spending time with her.

 

“Can we order something to eat first? My treat.” She offered. I wasn’t really planning to stay long, but she already called for a server.

 

 “Damn, Ji.” 

 

I looked up and saw a familiar face.

 

“Oh hey, Hyuna.” I stood up to hug her. She was the night time bartender at GZB, and even if I really wasn’t hoping to see a familiar face, it was actually nice seeing her.

 

“Mind the bump.” She grinned at me. That’s when I realized she was actually pregnant.

 

“Is that why you’re working the lunch tables now?” I asked with a smart grin.

 

Hyuna laughed and touched her belly like a habit. “Hyojong doesn’t want me working the night shift anymore, plus it won’t make me feel bad about not being allowed to consume alcohol.”

 

We shared a laugh and I suddenly felt more relaxed when I first stepped back here.

 

“It’s been a while, Ji! Never thought I’d see you here again. Although Chaerin already explained why.” She winked at me, indicating how my absence is because I found my girl again.

 

Jooyeon took the moment to break the warm feelings in my chest. Hyuna peered behind me and her brows shoot up. “Is this her?”

 

Before I can answer, she already bumped me aside to greet Jooyeon. “Don’t you look...formal?”

 

I can sense Hyuna’s distaste for her already, which I don’t mind because she’s not Dara.

 

“Oh, I’m actually a business woman. Hi, I’m Jooyeon!” 

 

She didn’t even stand up, and just nodded at Hyuna. 

 

“And I’m here to get your orders.” She said with a tight-lipped smile.

 

“I’ll have a mixed green salad, hold the dressing and a glass of red.” Jooyeon said without batting an eyelash.

 

Hyuna turned to me, and I ratted the first thing that came to mind. “Just some chili fries and water.”

 

Her eyes assessed me. “We won’t be staying long.” I assured her.

 

“Well, I hope you bring Chaerin next time you drop by.” She said before turning to leave.

 

It didn’t occur to me after our food arrived that I wasn’t able to explain myself to Hyuna. That Jooyeon is not Dara.

 

--------

 

“Underwear?”

 

I frowned looking up to Jooyeon after she gave me a catalog of the “Chinese garments” she’s planning to sell in retail stores.

 

“Why? Will that be an issue?” She asks feigning innocence.

 

I browsed the catalog once again, cringing slightly at the sight of comfortable looking undergarments. A wide range of it, too, from simple to G-strings.

 

But they all look basic, not much frills or lace, not even satin. They’re straight up cotton garments with no design or pattern, just a variation of solid or pastel colors, based on the swatches beside every piece.

 

“I...I don’t know.” I answer honestly. I don’t mind working on the technicality of the business, but a woman would have been better to plan a strategy for this.

 

“I’m not sure if I’m the right person to tackle this.” 

 

She snorted behind her wine. “Oh you can tackle them well, Jiyong.”

 

I snapped back a glare at her, making her laugh harder. “Don’t.”

 

But my warning only amused her more. “You’re so stiff…”

 

Realizing what she just said, she laughed harder, almost with tears in her eyes. “Oops!”

 

She’s not taking this and my words seriously. This is such a bad idea. 

 

“I think I’m done here.” I started to stand up, and she clearly panicked. 

 

“Hey, hey, sorry. It was a bad dig, I’m sorry.” Her hands land on my shoulders, ushering me to sit back down.

 

“I’m not here to make jokes, Jooyeon.” I told her sternly. She looked down on her lap like a little kid caught doing something naughty.

 

“I’ll be in my best behavior, but…” She hesitated a bit before going on. “Can you tone down the hostility too, Jiyong? I get that you’re worried about being in my company. I’m thankful that you accepted this job, but I hope we can be like friends too. It doesn’t have to be like we’re stepping on eggshells.”

 

I huffed heavily, dragging a palm all over my face. “Fine.”

 

Jooyeon’s lips tilted to a smile, but she tried to stifle it. Am I being too harsh?

 

“So, this business. What’s the premise of your brand...Pretty Basic?” 

 

Her eyes lit up, pride beaming at her words. “I called it Pretty Basic, because it really is just a line of basic undergarments, something you can wear comfortably on a daily basis. Not much grandeur or less frills. I’m banking on comfort and self confidence, that even if they’re just simple underwear, they’re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter