FOUR: JIYONG

ALL FOR HER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I lay awake next to Dara.

 

I couldn’t sleep with all the trouble I have in mind. We’re staying in my place right now, and it’s only a matter of time before Dara wakes up to prepare to go to work.

 

Silently, I moved away from her embrace and went inside my bathroom. The first thing I saw when I the light is the old photo Dara saw from my old box from Jeju. The one we took in front of a printed Eiffel Tower background.

 

I taped the photo in the mirror to remind me why I need to get up and work harder everyday.

 

Ever since I saw it again, I’ve started planning inside my head. That same night, I couldn’t stop thinking about it so I mapped everything out.

 

Four months from now, Dara and I are going to move in to my new place. I know we haven’t discussed it again, but I’m going to be more insistent about this until she finally gives in. A year after that, I’m taking her to a surprise trip to Paris.

 

I know we were just kidding around when she made the suggestion, but it actually makes sense. This was our first photo together before we even became a couple and I wanted to take another photo with her right in front of the real Eiffel Tower before I ask for her hand.

 

It was everything I could think of in the next days that I checked my savings and credit card balance. I’m still paying for the surprise Palawan trip during our second anniversary and my savings is set aside for the new lease once I get a new place.

 

Dara was right that I can always keep this place and get another contract for three years, but I figured we should start a new beginning in our lives with a new house.

 

With that in thought, I sent an email to the agent I was talking to for an update on the house listings. I should probably start scoping them out since I have more time in my hands now.

 

I went back to bed after taking care of my business and hugged Dara next to me. I couldn't help but smile at the thought that this could be us in the next coming years. 

 

She started to stir from her sleep, but instead of immediately standing up to take a shower, she buried her face on my chest and gave my heart a kiss.

 

"Morning, JI." Her voice is husky and it sent an electric current straight to my chest. A year ago, waking up next to her always excites some other part of my body. It still does now, but more than the carnal needs I always crave for her, it's the emotional commitment that's pulling me closer to her warm soul.

 

"I love you, Dee." I whispered to her hair as I give her temple a warm kiss.

 

--------

 

“I can lend you some money, hyung.” 

 

Mino already offered to help me buy a ticket to Paris with his money but my answer remains the same.

 

“This is about my future with Dara, Mino. I have to be the one to do this. It has to be from me.”

 

“I know that. I’m just giving you an option so you won’t have to stress so much about it. And for the record, I'd still bother you to pay up.” The kid means well.

 

“Everything’s fine. I just need to survive this three months without pay and life will resume in order.” That’s what I keep telling myself but it still feels heavy to admit.

 

Three months. Without pay. I've been playing it cool mostly, but I still can't help feeling betrayed by my boss. He shielded me against the angst of our clients just so they won't drop our contract with them. He explained to me that he needed to do it or people's jobs could be displaced. I guess he doesn't mind me being displaced for a couple of months. 

 

That bastard.

 

“Well, if you insist on that, why don’t I just offer you a job here?” That made me look back at Mino.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter