ONE: DARA

ALL FOR HER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"That was a stupid thing to do, Jiyong."

 

I huffed as I throw my purse on the coffee table inside my apartment. The TV remote control crashed on the floor but I was too pissed to pick it up. But at the corner of my eye, I saw Jiyong bend down to do the job. 

 

It's a Wednesday night, and we thought of hanging out with Mino at Gabbia. It's his last night at the club as he will be opening his own bar three months from now. After months of pursuing his sister to invest in starting his own business, he finally managed to make his dreams come true. He also has recently resigned from ICC too.

 

The place was basically spilling with Mino's friends and admirers, including his friend, Jihoon. We've met him before and has always expressed his admiration for me openly, much to Jiyong's distaste.

 

I don't mind it though, because he's just a sweet guy who means no harm. I'm not affected or attracted to him in any way and I treat him the same way I did with Mino.

 

So when he suddenly offered me a drink in the middle of the crowded dance floor, I was surprised when Jiyong took it and spilled the contents to his shirt.

 

Jihoon was flushed, humiliated, but he still laughed it off as I apologize nonstop to him.

 

That had me dragging Jiyong home earlier than we expected.

 

"He's openly flirting with you and I think he needs to be woken up with the fact that you're taken." He's taking this matter lightly, like he and Jihoon spend their childhood together.

 

"He's just offering me a drink, Jiyong. Why do you have to be so mean like that?" I'm tired of his uncalled jealousy at times, to be honest.

 

"I'm a guy, Dee. I know what a guy looks like when they want to offer more than just a drink." His playful tone is gone now, which makes me more irritated. 

 

"Oh my god, Kwon Jiyong! I don't care if he's blatantly offering his to me because guess what? I'm not interested! And besides, he's nothing but kind to me, to us! Stop playing scenarios in your head."

 

I started to make my way to my room, but he grabbed my wrist. 

 

"I'm sorry, Dee. Baby…" Then his phone started to ring. He looked down on it and sighed heavily. 

 

"I need to take this call."

 

Without any hesitation, he answered the call and left the door once again.

 

Fine.

 

--------

 

I may have dozed off because I was surprised to feel an arm around me. Jiyong snuggled the back of my neck as he sighed heavily.

 

“I’ve met Jihoon way before you met him. He’s a nice kid, you’re right. He’s also a licensed city engineer and his family basically owns a small province because they’re that rich. And he likes you.”

 

I don’t know where he’s going with that, so I let him talk.

 

“He’s so much better than me, and I’m afraid that you’ll see that too.”

 

I flinched at what he just said, but he tightened his hold on me. 

 

“I know you’re not that kind of girl, Dee. But I had too many drinks in me, and...I don’t know. Seeing Mino do all those things at his age...when I’m just...this.”

 

I fought from his hold this time and faced him. “You’re not just that, you’re one of the best people on the job and you’re a damn good boyfriend. I’m not that kind of girl, Ji. And besides, it’s really wrong to compare yourself to Jihoon or Mino, because they have a leg up on all of us since they were born. They have rich families to back them up. I mean, I love our friends, but Daesung is nothing compared to you. I mean-”

 

My words are cut off when Jiyong landed his lips on me. 

 

“I’m sorry, Dee.” His eyes are filled with remorse, and after that speech, what kind of would be mad at him?

 

“It’s fine, but you do have to apologize to Jihoon. And Mino too.”

 

He hugged me to his chest as he brushed his hand at the back of my head. “Done. I just talked to Mino before coming to you. Jihoon was with him so I apologized too.”

 

“Good job.” I smiled up to him.

 

“Do I get a good job too?” He smirked at me as he pushed his hips close

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter