just a lot of feelings

let's play!

Okay, what just happened? First of all, SinB just completely spat at this new girl and ran off? That brat is never like that... 

Sojung let out a loud sigh feeling as if a weight had been placed on her shoulders. She ran a hand through her sweaty brown locks and pulled it back into a tight ponytail in stress. Pulling out shorter strands of hair, Sojung twirled them around her fingers as her eyes stayed locked on the door.

How many days had it been already since the first day of practice? Essentially... a whole week. Never in her life Sojung felt so stressed in just a whole week. Yeah, school work was hard and everything but nothing compared to when Hwang Eunbi got like this. Not to mention Yuna and Yerin again. Hah, again. It wasn't like Sojung minded that Yuna and Yerin were always together, just the fact that... well Yerin liked Yuna. And Yuna couldn't even tell despite Yerin's indisputable feelings!

It was just so teeth clenching and annoying to see Yerin lovey-dovey around Yuna and to try to get her attention by digging up her spikes or whatever.

Hm. Well at least Jung Eunbi was here now.

A laugh came out of Sojung's mouth, subconsciously of course, thinking about this mess of a team. The situation was all too funny although it didn't seem like it. First of all... first of all: Yuna was never so helpful to their teammates, especially new girls. Not to say that Yuna was never helpful! No way! Just that her passion with Jung Eunbi was different compared to... say, Yerin. 

Sojung smiled at the thought. Maybe she did have a chance. A bud of hope bloomed in her chest, her heart warm and fuzzy as she thought of possible reasons to get Yerin to fall in love with her. Maybe it wasn't impossible.

Anyway what was she thinking about again? Right, how messy this team was!

Okay but fricking Hwang Eunbi was troublesome! The girl was never like this before and yet, ugh... Kim Yewon was just a precious bean that needed protection. She was cute! Like as in baby cute. 

"Sojung-ah?"

The sudden call of her name caught Sojung off guard. She placed her water bottle on the ground, eyes turning upwards to look at the girl she liked oh so much.

"hm?" the girl hummed in response.

Despite everyone trying to get Somi to gather all of the balls (instead of playing with Eunbi and such), Yerin came over to Sojung. The girl plopped down to the spot next to her with a concerned smile, "You okay?"

"mhm..."

Getting the hint, Yerin smiled softly at the taller girl. Yerin didn't know how much just her smile could to do Sojung. Damn! She already felt reassured just from that?! Her eyesmile never failed to make Sojung feel better. The girl's heart was already soaring just from her stare.

Perhaps she was whipped for Jung Yerin.

Yerin slowly s her arms around Sojung's waist and laid her head on her shoulder. Quiet hums escaped her lips, not exactly sure of the song, closing her eyes to attempt to calm Sojung down. I mean she always found Sojung completely relax in her hold. Which! The Jung was quite glad about because well... it just felt nice to give comfort to her oldest eonni. Turning her head to look at Sojung in the eyes, Yerin flashed a quick smile before kissing her cheek.

That was a bad idea. A really bad idea. Was it possible to fall any deeper in love with a girl?!

Sojung tried her best to hold in the blush yet the redness still tinted her cheeks.

"calm down sojung-ah, i know you're stressed about the team and everything but we've got it under control. right?" Yerin whispered softly, breath tickling Sojung's neck, "you're only 19. I don't want your grey hairs to come out and by all means, sinb is bound to make fun of you for that."

A light chuckled left , tipping her head side-ways to lean on top of Yerin's, "I'm so glad to have you in my life..." She muttered, not meaning for Yerin to hear it.

"me too."

But she did. Maybe her heart beat spike just a little bit?  The thing was, Sojung was never completely relaxed from the beginning. Why? Why? Well, take a small look into Sojung's mind.

JUNG YERIN IS  ON MY SHOULDER!! I REPEAT JUNG YERIN IS  TOUCHING ME!

In attempt to calm her nerves, Sojung took a very deep breath, "I should apologize for SinB though, shouldn't I?"

"Whatever makes you relaxed," Yerin removed her head from Sojung's shoulder and cupped her cheeks. Her once bright eyes were soft and comforting, looking full of empathy. And as much as Sojung wanted to say love, she couldn't be sure. "SinB is not your problem though, is she? She can take of herself and Yuna will help her, you know that."

The mention of Yuna's name made Sojung tense up. And Yerin could tell. She leaned her forehead into Sojung's, pressing them together with a gentle smile, "You know what Yuna does to SinB."

Funny. The way Yerin said it made it seem like SinB had feelings for Yuna. I mean... it was a possiblitiy but it wasn't the reason why Yuna showed so much affection to the younger girl and SinB never refusing it.

"Can I ask you something?"

Sojung laughed quietly, nodding slowly so Yerin didn't pull away from her, "Of course."

Sadly, the time had to come and Yerin pulled away. Damn it! Just when things were getting spicy! Would she be able to even handle a kiss from Yerin though? Sojung was lucky she held it in when the girl kissed her cheek!

"Do you think I have a chance?"

"Do you think I have a chance?"

Why didn't you just say with Yuna?

. The question would eventually come up but Sojung never... never though she'd ask in a situation like this? Before long, Sojung felt the relaxtion lift from her shoulders, replaced with the heavy weight of Yerin's simple question. Quite vague really but it hurt Sojung to know that Yerin was talking about Yuna.

"Why wouldn't you?"

Time for some sappy talk.

"It seems like Jung Eunbi has a better chance at winning Yuna over." Yerin sighed heavily.

Love is stressful, isn't it? Especially when it's one-sided.
Sojung failed to hide her bitter smile, eyes resisting the urge to roll as she played with the hem of her shorts.

"Yerin-ah..." To be honest? Sojung didn't want to give Yerin any advice to win Yuna over. For goodness sake, Sojung was in love with Yerin! Why did she have to be the person that Yerin had to vent to?! "Affection works in mysterious ways."

"Do you see Yuna that close to SinB compared to Eunbi? Not even me!" The frustration was starting to become evident in Yerin's voice. Was she... holding this in?

"I was always there! I was there for Yuna when times were low. I was there for Yuna when she sprained her ankle and couldn't play. I was there when she was sick, when she was hurt and in pain!" Yerin's voice was shaky, clenching her fist to supress any anger from spilling out.

"so why couldn't it be me?"

I could say the same to you Jung Yerin.

Sojung's eyes softened, looking at Yerin's dark pair and smiled grimly. There was really no way out. Comfort was needed for two one-sided hearts and Sojung had to give it to her. To the girl she loved the most. To the girl who was in pain from love. To the girl that was a sunshine in her life. So Sojung needed to be hers.

"I'm sorry, I shouldnt have-"

Cutting the girl off, Sojung placed her lips on Yerin's...

 


 

 

 

 

No just kidding, Sojung only placed her index finger on her lips. She didn't have the balls to kiss Yerin here and now! Why would she anyway when Yerin was just saying how frustrated she was with Yuna? Yeah, that would've ended up badly.

"Take it all out, you could even hit me if you need to. I'm here for you too Yerin-ah." Sojung grinned. A volleyball rolled along the floor, hitting her shoe in the process causing Sojung to pick up the ball with just one hand.

"See this could be you Yerin." Sojung showed her the ball with a spiral of green, red and white colors, "Pretend that the air inside is your emotions, right?"

Yerin only nodded with confusion apparent in her eyes.

"And what happens when there is too much air?"

"um... well it's super compressed and the ball gets really hard so it's hurts to play with? But coach always overfills the ba-"

"Yerin."

The said girl put both her hands up and rolled her eyes playfully, going back on to the track of what Sojung was saying.

"Anyway, maybe a volleyball is a bad example but whatever." Oh! A balloon! That would've worked better but it just ruin the point. "But see it works still because... well if you hold in your emotions too much, it starts to build up and compress inside of you." her chin as if she was a cool detective, Sojung held the ball out with a determined look.

"And once you hit the ball up, it hurts. That hurt is your emotions spilling out and..."

Okay! Maybe Kim Sojung wasn't built to compare feelings and a volleyball! She should've just went with a balloon.

"Yah Kim Sojung! Are you thinking about a balloon? That's a better example because it can explode!" Yerin let out a loud cackle, making Chungha almost throw a volleyball at her (due to Somi being annoying and not cleaning up like they should be doing!!!).

"YAH! I'm trying to sound cool here!" Sojung frowned as her plan to make Yerin look up to her (not that she already did hehe) was foiled! Whatever. At least she made her love laugh. Ew that sounded too... greasy for a goddess like Kim Sojung. Well maybe for Yerin she could be greasy. Nope, that was even worse.

"YAH SOJUNG! YERIN! HELP ME GATHER UP THESE KIDS!"

The two girls bursted out in laughter, watching as Chaeyeon held Chungha back from strangling Somi who was dancing weirdly in front of them. And HOLY ?! The volleyball cart was tipped over and the nets were almost- hUH?! This all happened when she and Yerin were just talking?! Okay, it was time for Sojung, co-captain, to teach these kids a lesson.

"you kids..." A tick mark formed on Sojung's forehead, cracking her knuckles as Yerin stood behind her, giggling like a maniac.

 

"time for a punishment."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

just a quick chapter in sojung's 3rd person pov!
i wanted some fluffy wonrin moments hehe before the volleyball stuff actually starts
(also i apologize if the i.o.i members personalities are not super accurate lol i mainly added them because the three are closer with sowon,umji, and yuju... i think)

hoped you enjoyed this small fluff!
stay tuned for more :D