a small deal

let's play!

It was the next day of practice and Eunbi was already worn out from the first. Her ing legs were sore as hell! And as beautiful as Choi Yuna is, the girl was extremely strict about their warmouts. Even stretching! I mean, she gets that stretching is very important before playing whatever sport but holy ... Yuna went overboard.

Well... at least they got to eat meat AND Eunbi found out she lives right across from Yuna's house!

But right now, Eunbi did not feel that joy last night. She was as stiff as a rock, eyes widening as a ball came flying past her face... just inches away from hitting her cheek. Holy ... Hwang Eunbi was a girl not to mess with. If she could hit a ball that hard and that fast, then what would happen in a fight?

SinB placed a hand on her hips before cheering loudly. A victorious grin covered her face, laughing as she watched the blood from Eunbi's face drain, "HAHAH! EONNI! You should've saw your face!"

Hah... well . How did SinB improve this fast? Just yesterday, she was fighting with Sojung over some random stuff (Eunbi definitely heard Yuna's name) and yet she was this good? It just didn't fit her image. Scratch that. The intimidating aura that SinB does fit her image, just her... reverse charm I guess. There really wasn't much to it. But over the span of one day, SinB was serving like normal; planted on her feet, regular over-hand serve. Right? Now... a ing jump serve?! A successful one at that! Yeesh, it sent shivers down Eunbi's spine just thinking about it.

But... in a way... Eunbi felt... at fault? Was it the right word to describe the... sinking feeling in her stomach? She felt like she was being left behind. Like her skills were inferior to everyone elses. That was it. She was inferior. Eunbi barely touched a volleyball in her life and yet she's on a team with these talented girls. And what was she doing? Trying her best to catch up. So she was going to do it!

A hand was placed on Eunbi's shoulder, the girl flinching as she popped from her thought bubble.

"Don't mind!" Her captain flashed a smile and a determined thumbs up. Somehow... somehow it made her heart beat oh so quickly. Yuna leaned into her ear, a tone of red tinting Eunbi's cheeks, her breath lingering around by her ear. But all the older girl could think about was how Yuna's breath tickled her neck.

"SinB is going for you again." She warned, eyes turning dark; different from just one second ago.

Nodding fast at the advice, heart thumping fast against her chest. Yuna had told her specifically to watch out so Eunbi was definitely going to listen to her advice. Not only because Choi Yuna was the captain but because... well, because she is Choi Yuna.

A lump formed in Eunbi's throat, feeling the non-existent sweat drip down her forehead. SinB was preparing with her serve, doing a cool little routine before actually hitting the ball. She hit it a couple of times against the ground before raising her head upwards and hands ready to throw the volleyball up. A heavy weight was placed in Eunbi's heart, anxious almost for the serve. It would be a lie to say Eunbi wasn't scared either. Focusing on herself, Eunbi took a slow breath and observed the area around her.

Focus Jung Eunbi.

There was Yuna to the right of her, back row along with Yerin. Then Chaeyeon, Chungha, and their other teammate, Somi, in the front row, covering the nets with sharp eyes.
On the other side, SinB stood there, eyes closed. Sojung in the middle front and their other teammates.

Squatting down to the position everyone else was in, Eunbi took another breath and locked her eyes on the ball. The sound of the whistle rung through out the gynasium making SinB shoot her eyes open and throw the ball up into the air. Taking a few steps forward, she belted out into a small run; arms flying behind her like wings and jumped. Sparkles were almost too clear in SinB's eyes as a giant grin covered her cheeks. Arm stretched at the highest point, SinB's hand met with the ball, sound shock running through everyone's veins.

Oh . Why did it seem like everyone was looking at her? Maybe because Yuna was right. The ball was coming straight at her!

Eunbi stumbled forwards, legs turning into jelly as the ball came closer and closer.

"Eunbi!"

A pounding in her heart made Eunbi snap out of the fear she was feeling, ears open to Yuna's clear voice.

Even with her stumbling legs, Eunbi successfully picked up the ball though it was sent to the right. More specifically, away from the players. !

"I got it!" Like lightning, Yerin screamed out as her long legs ran to catch the ball. It was impressive to see the energetic girl with such a serious face. I guess... Jung Yerin could be really cool at times, even if Eunbi felt particularly jealous of her.

Just barely, Yerin dived for the ball and hit it up; back to the court. The fall made Eunbi freeze for a second, eyes watching as the ball was... landing right in the middle! Holy ! What was she supposed to do?! Should she do anything?! Go for the ball?! But what if she ran into Yuna? Oh my god! Yuna was running towards her!

"Mine!" Voice echoing in Eunbi's ears, she watched how the captain's eyes glistened and sparkled. Arms throwing itself backwards, Yuna knelt just a little bit before launching herself in the air. Her left arm came up with her right curving to spike, back arching as she lowered her left and the right came up. The ball was falling faster but in Eunbi's eyes: everything seemed in to be in slow motion.

An angel would be the only word to describe the spiker, flying as bright wing wings sprouted from behind her. Feathers rustling in the wind, a bright smile formed on Yuna's lips. Sweat glistened on her forehead, dripping down and my goodness! Choi Yuna never looked so hot... well, literally and figuratively.

In what seemed like a flash, Yuna puffed air into her cheeks as her hand hit the ball; slamming into it, hitting the opposite side of the court in a matter of seconds.

No ing way... This wasn't real right? Holy guacamole.
The sound shock of the ball was still in the air before cheers flew up on their team. SinB groaned, nudging Sojung's shoulder while she scolded her about blocked. But truth be told? Everyone at the moment was... scared of Yuna, in a way at least. Not that... scared but the intimidation. Like a massive... wolf was behind the girl, even with her bright smile.

"YAHOO! Nice one Yuna-yah~ Back row spike? I knew you could do it!" Yerin came running to their captain, basically throwing herself in her arms. The couple spun in circles as Yerin wrapped her arsm around Yuna's neck and kissed her cheeks.

"You're as great as always."

Eunbi felt tension take over her body, vision becoming locked only on Yerin and Yuna. Everything else was a blur. Why did this sight make her feel this... poking pain in her heart? Hands clenching itself subconsciously, Yerin showered Yuna with compliments and occassional kisses. Kisses? They were close enough to kiss? Or were they dating? She'd only knew Yuna for a couple of days yet... it pained her at the sight.
This shouldn't bother her though. Yes... Choi Yuna's relationship status with Yerin - with anyone really - did not matter. Right!

"Eunbi... you good?" A hand grasped her shoulder softly, the said girl immediately nodding at the question.

"mhm..."

Was it possible to like someone within days of knowing them? Eunbi didn't want to feel like this but she didn't want to make assumptions either. And rather then thinking of whatever feelings she had for the captain, Eunbi just wanted to have fun playing a sport she liked so much. Yet, it was complicated.

"Here, follow me. Let's get a drink together." Sojung smiled warmly, taking her hand and striding out of the gymnasium.

Little did Eunbi know, Yuna's eyes followed the two. She bit her lip, wanting to say something but she couldn't. Well... it should be fine as long as they don't slack off.

-

"Eh?! Yuna really did that?" Eunbi yelled after hearing Sojung's crazy story about last year's game.

How the hell could Yuna still play after running head straight into a pole? A metal one that is! But the story made Eunbi's admiration for Yuna skyrocket. Her captain was... cool in a way. There is a better way to describe but there weren't any words to say how much Yuna made her heart flutter and pound. Not exactly because of the small... well crush on her but just because of Yuna's passion. She was so passionate about everything.

"That girl overworks herself sometimes... I just wish she could talk a break, ya know?" Taking a sip out of her canned coffee, Sojung opened the door back to the gymnasium only to see Yuna standing in the entrance with crossed arms.

"Where have you guys been? Coach said I needed to get Eunbi... but you were gone for a while..."

Oh... why did it feel like Eunbi was caught red handed? Like she was doing something wrong. Or wait! Was Yuna worried about her? Was she... jealous?! Jealous that Sojung took her to get a drink instead of her?! Maybe Eunbi's thoughts were going too deep because Sojung was nudging her shoulder for her to say something.

"Um... I..." Eunbi gave the captain a sheepish smile. She noticed how Yuna's eyes moved downwards. Where her and Sojung's hands were connected.

Oh .

Releasing the girl's hand, Eunbi placed both of her palms on her burning cheeks.

"Yu-"

"Loosen up captain, we were just getting drinks." Sojung chuckled, seemingly teasing the girl before walking off to Yerin and Sinb.

Leaving her and... Yuna alone. Great! Just great! Sojung knew the effect Yuna had on her and she left her alone just like that?!

The girl walked closer to her, taking a small glance at the middle blocker before frowning.

"You and Sojung? I didn't expect that." She said truthfully with almost too much curiousity. Honestly, it made Eunbi disappointed because she was hoping for jealousy instead of curiousity. Unless she was jealous. Though it was small but maybe Eunbi saw a bit of fiery in Yuna's eyes. Or was she trying to trick herself? She didn't know.

"It's not like that! I promise, she was just taking me to get drinks!" Waving her hand in the air like it was the end of the world, Eunbi sighed softly. Now it really felt like she did something wrong... In a way, her heart felt... heavy? Sulking? Again with the red-handedness! Like she'd been caught cheating on Yuna or something. Cheating?! Okay, that was too far!

"Oh... well, that aside," Yuna grabbed her hand, dragging her along to... where? "Coach needed us, remember?"

Oh right. It wasn't like Eunbi was going on some rendezvous with Yuna. Sadly enough.

Walking just a bit from the doorway, Eunbi found herself in front of her coach. A cold sweat ran over her body, or perhaps it was real sweat she didn't know... anyway Sungjin was looking at her as if she did something wrong. Like terribly wrong...

"Eunbi-ssi, have you ever played volleyball before?"

Ah.

"Um... this- this is my first time playing but I've seen a few games back in middle school because my friends used to play." She confessed shyly. It was true though, her old friends used to invite her to games! Remembering back to Eunbi's first game (to watch), a smile formed as the memory of her friend spiking a ball and giving her a thumbs up once they got a point. Her friend that was a captain more specifically.

Practice, however, was different. Let's just say Eunbi got hit in the face.

Hard.

"I've noticed your skills are a bit behind compared to the rest, so I will make an arrangement." Coach Sungjin placed a hand on Yuna's shoulder as a giant grin plastered on her lips.

"Yuna here volunteered to... 'tutor' you in volleyball."

Eunbi's eyes slowly widened, taking in the information a bit too fast, like choking on boba, Eunbi choked on air. Wait... personal... lessons... with Yuna?! Oh my god. This is like a dream come true! Her heart was pounding aagainst her chest, cheeks burning up. What could happen during these... practices with her? Of course as innocent as Yuna was, the girl wouldn't do anything but there was a possibility, right?

"Yes! I mean... uh yeah... that sounds.. coolio." Giving an awkward thumbs up, Yuna squealed and hugged Eunbi tightly.

Holy . Is Choi Yuna holding me in her arms?!

"Perfect, since this was your idea Yuna you can schedule any time with Eunbi. Just make sure it doesn't interfere with the thing I've got planned."

"You got it!" Yuna smiled at her, a smile that made her heart pump faster than it already was. This effect that Yuna had on her was... too much. She loved it though. She loved having this warm feeling against her heart everytime she saw Choi Yuna. Eunbi never knew having a crush could make you feel like this!

"Eunbi-yah, do you want to practice tomorrow? After practice?" Yuna practically hugged her waist, walking along towards the court with Eunbi in her arms, "Or would that be too much stress? hmm maybe days without..." Her words slowly trailed out into mutters that Eunbi couldn't understand. Yet she still smiled. The captain really was considerate. Maybe too much. Was this only towards her? Is this special treatment? Or does Yuna just have a naturally charming personality?

It felt like she was... unreal.

A ball rolled against Eunbi's foot causing her to snap out of her thoughts. Well, maybe Yuna is just perfect. And right now she didn't need to think of this. She just needed to focus on volleyball and volleyball only.

So it's time to shoot her shot!

"Any day works for me. I don't have anything planned... so... we could..." It'd be a disappointment to hang out with Yuna for practice only, right? "Then you have to treat me to dinner! Just us, together."

Alone more specifically. But I can't say that in front of you.

 

"It's a deal!"

 


hey guys, sorry I feel like this chapter is messier than usual and I'm kinda stressed right now.

still I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Stay tuned for more :D