a girl to like... or crush on?

let's play!

"Ugh~ That was literal hell, wasn't it Eunbi?" Yerin came walking over, her shirt changed from a simple gym one to the school uniform.

Right after introducing herself and having the coach, So Sungjin, celebrate her coming to the team; Eunbi went straight to practice! Though Coach Sungjin did say something about try-outs before playing in games but Eunbi wasn't listening as her eyes (at the time) were on Choi Yuna.

She was full of sweat, forehead drenched even though she'd already changed. Luckily, Eunbi never smelled like anything after she sweat but she always made sure to still put deodorant on. She stood panting at the cart of balls as she was currently dying of dehydration (because Eunbi was too dumb to bring a water bottle). So right now, Eunbi was just hating life. Her nose burned harshly, air trying it's best to go through her nostrils and actually breath.

"um... uh, yeah! Pretty... pretty intense... yeah..." Eunbi huffed as her back slouched over and her hands on her kness, causing Yerin to let out a light giggle.

"Well, Yuna's pretty strict on doing all these warmups and stuff..." Yerin looked up at the air proudly as... love sparkled in her eyes. Love? "But that's what I like about her. Yuna's always so... hardworking, you know?"

No. Eunbi didn't know. She'd only just meant the girl for goodness sake. The thought made her feel sick to the stomach, churning as she watched Yerin smile and tuck a piece of stray hair behind her ear. Yerin looked so... bashful. The words triggered something in her chest, something that Eunbi didn't like. It was just something about Yerin talking about Yuna that made her feel like this. It... bothered her in a way. But it shouldn't, right? Again, Eunbi only just met these people and yet she's thinking like this?

No negative thoughts! Only positive thoughts were allowed... for now at least.

"Yah! Jung Yerin!" Sojung came running over, panting as she stretched her back which may or may not cracked her bones, "Did you not hear Yuna? She said she needed to talk to you."

And- oh? What was this? Minding that Yuna needed to talk to Yerin, Eunbi focused her attention on Sojung's eyes. Her eyes that looked the same as her own. Or well, Eunbi didn't know what her eyes looked like at the moment but she could guess. The eyes that were glinting in red, in jealousy.

"Oh okay... well, be right back!" Yerin skipped off into the direction of Yuna who was waving her over. The sight only made Eunbi grimace, stomach churning harsher than before as Yuna let out a loud laugh. A laugh that sounded geninue and so very happy. Eunbi wanted to make her laugh like that. What? i mean, not make her laugh? Well not in that way! Just to make someone laugh is very... cool. Yeah. That's it. Eunbi was not jealous because of Yerin making Yuna laugh.

"What's this?" Sojung nudged the side of Eunbi with a mad grin, "Does our new teammate have a crush on the captain?"

Nope! I most certainly do NOT! No way I can have a crush on someone after just meeting them!

Yes. Eunbi did not believe in love- or crushing at first sight. So it defnitely was not happening to her right now. She did not like Choi Yuna.

"Where did that thought come from?"

"Just the way you look at Yuna." Sojung smiled, "I mean, i'm pretty sure everyone in here has had a crush on her at least once." A hearty laughter escaped Sojung's lips as she patted Eunbi's back before leaning close to her ear.

"But if you really do like her, please be... careful. Yerin is a bit possessive towards her."

Yerin? Oh. Of course. Jung Yerin liked Choi Yuna. Of ing course... this is just great. I mean it is! Eunbi did not care because she did not have any feelings towards Choi Yuna whatsoever. So it is great! For Yerin at least.

"Don't let it distract you during games! Speaking of which, you seem kinda worn out, huh?" Sojung continued to ramble on yet Eunbi nodded her head as she still listened, "We should go out to eat! So we can be energized for tommorrow."

Eunbi's ears perked up at the word eat. Yes, eating Yuna- I mean, eating with Yuna and the team would be perfect! First of all, Eunbi would get to eat and second, Yuna would be there! As Eunbi's eyes sparkled in excitement, the girl bounced up and down in her spot with a wide smile.

"I agree!"

"I mean... why not? It'll be good for us to get to know each other too." Sojung stated just before winking as SinB came waltzing over.

"Ew. Grandma stop hitting on the new girl." SinB snickered. To be honest, Eunbi let out a snicker too. Grandma? She knew Sojung was the oldest of the team and her bones cracked quite often during practice but she wasn't exactly a grandma. Scratch that. She definitely was a grandma because Sojung was now slapping SinB on the while yelling angrily. Wait did she just miss the point? Was Sojung actually hitting on her?! Don't get her wrong, Eunbi was flattered and all but... her eyes were not currently on the eldest.

"I am not hitting on Eunbi!" Sojung yelled in a stacato though quite loudly... as if she wanted a certain someone to hear these specific words. Also, Eunbi didn't miss how Sojung's eyes glanced behind her either, looking at... Yuna? Oh my god. Did Sojung like-

"We're going to eat?!" Yerin came jumping over, a happy smile plastering her face, "I would literally die for some meat right now~"

The group of five yelled in excitement, mostly Yerin and SinB; Sojung trying to calm the duo down... while Yuna was just laughing. An unknowing blush tinted Eunbi's cheeks, setting fire to her heart as music was played out of Yuna's lips. How in the world could a laugh sound so beautiful? Like a song! Damn... Eunbi could get used to this feeling. This bashfulness and... warmth she felt around Yuna. Well, not just Yuna, the whole team really!

Maybe joining volleyball wasn't all that bad.

Yuna noticed the small glances from Eunbi and sent a small smile to her, causing the girl's blush to deepen. And needless to say? She was cute. Hm. Felt weird to think it out loud. Her eonni is cute? Yeah, perhaps. It wasn't really a big deal for Yuna because she had no time to focus on things like relationships and feelings. I mean, Yuna thought everyone was cute in a way. Especially Yerin with her.... cuteness? She didn't know how to describe it but Yuna liked it. A lot.

Before Yuna's thoughts could turn into something more, Coach Sung-jin was getting pulled by Sojung and Yerin, grinning madly as he shook his head in disappointment.

"Coach is paying!"

 

 

oop- i'm still in the introduction stage but it'll end soon in the next chapter(?)
also, there may be a bit of messy shipping so beware of everyone's feelings toward one another hehe.

hope you enjoyed this chapter, stay tuned for more! :D