i'll be here

let's play!

Excuse me?! What in holy name of what?!

SinB let out a small huff, eyes not able to help themselves from trailing to Eunbi and Yuna. What was this? Was this... a new couple to be shipped?! No way! SinB already felt as third-wheelie as ever and now Jung Eunbi is here to take Yuna away? Oh hell no.

"That eonni seriously needs to make up her mind..."

"Yah, don't blame her, blame Eunbi and Yerin making her all confused like this." Sojung nudged the spiker's shoulder, "If Yuna is even confused..."

The girl only rolled her eyes, holding a volleyball against her hip before giving Sojung that look. You know that look? The one that says, 'you sound absolutely dumb right now'? Yeah, that look.

"I dunno... maybe, but Yerin-eonn's been there ever since and I kinda like them together-

"Don't say it like that! If one of them heard you, they might get the wrong idea!"

SinB only pouted ans shut . Really though, her words had truth, Sojung couldn't deny it.
Eunbi is cool and all but the four had been through it since day one and suddenly she comes swooping in? Don't get her wrong, it wasn't like it was anything bad but it seemed... like a nuisance? Well, not like that. Just because their bond was strong and all doesn't mean they couldn't add another person. But that wasn't the problem...

You see, somewhere in SinB (possibly Sojung's mind) was that... if Eunbi is trying to... get with Yuna or whatever (which she definitely was) then what would happen? Yerin would get jealous and the team would fall apart? Not ideal persay... It was frustrating not able to think of a solution for the inevitable. Because if some stupid love triangle relationship stuff got into their volleyball playing then it would be bad

First they would fail prelims and that meant that they couldn't go play against other cities and not playing against other cities meant not being able to have a chance to go to nationals and not going to nationals this year meant that Sojung and Yerin couldn't ever go with them anymore because their seniors and... ugh, complicated things.

So NO relationships for anyone! Not even SinB herself!

knock knock

A knock on the hard metal caught SinB's attention, snapping out of her thoughts only to look at the entrance in confusion. Eh???

"Hello? Is anyone is there?"

And what in the actual world? SinB had never heard such a polite voice yet such dumb words. Can this person not hear them in the gym? And second of all, WHO KNOCKS ON A GYM DOOR?! She would've just walked in if she heard any signs of sound! Volleyballs were pretty loud if you smacked them hard enough against the ground...

Heaving another sigh, SinB walked towards the large door and swung it open; causing the person behind it to yelp in surprise.

Oh.

A girl.

cute girl.

Could looks be decieving? Perhaps but this girl was incredibly cute. Like cute that you want to squish her cheeks and kiss her face like a baby. Maybe that was too weird of SinB but those were the first thoughts to come to mind when she saw this incredibly cute girl.

"Um... who are you exactly?" SinB said a bit too coldly.

"Oh! uh.." Her eyes searched the place before smiling shyly, "Kim- Kim Yewon... I uh... applied for the team but I was busy for the first day of practice so I couldn't-"

"Excuse me?" SinB couldn't explain it but something in her blood started boiling. A fire was lit up in her heart, sparks spreading through her veins. What the hell would be so important that you can't just wait, what two hours for? The first day of practice is important and isn't meant to skipped! If Kim Yewon knew better, why exactly was she gone? Did she forget? Was she telling lies just like everyone else?

And Kim Yewon here? Poor girl was intimidated by SinB's harsh look, shrinking in her spot as she looked down at the ground.

"You're late is all that matters" She scoffed before pivoting and going back to the nets. 

That's it. That's what got on SinB's nerves.

"If you think coming late is acceptable, you should leave." SinB picked up a ball with one hand and turned towards Yewon while pointing a finger at her, "Kim Yewon."

She came late... even with missing the first day of practice, Kim Yewon still came late. Late as in at the end of ing practice. There was no need for her to come anyway! SinB would rather get mad the next day instead of today! Now she was just wasting her fun energy out on this stupid late girl! Who was Kim Yewon anyway? Some priviledged brat who thinks she could just miss the first day of practice AND come late the next day?

SinB cracked her neck, squeezing the ball tightly before spiking- no... more serving it over the net in anger.

"Wow! That was... amazing!"

Yet even with SinB's obvious annoyance, Yewon clapped in shock.

The girl grit her teeth at the words as she continued to serve at the frozen Sojung at the other side of the net. That only led to Yewon watching her and you know what else that led to? Making SinB even angrier! She didn't need this newbie to watch over! She needed to practice herself! Or hell, go to Yuna so she could tell the coach that she was knew! SinB just didn't understand Yewon's tactics-

wait.

wait just a minute...

could it be possible?

I mean it could but Kim Yewon has their school uniform...no, she couldn't be an infiltrator from the other schools... haha, yeah no way.

"Stop watching me!" SinB finally snapped, catching everyone's attention in the gym. Heat ran over her face once all eyes were on SinB, ears seemingly turning a darker red by the second. In a way, Yewon's eyes were distracting. I mean one pair of eyes should be nothing compared to a whole stadium watching them! So why did Kim Yewon make her feel like she had to do everything perfectly?

"Oh SinB-yah! Why didn't you tell me someone came in?" Yuna came running up who also had Eunbi trailing behind, "I'll have to get coach for a second!"

Yewon's eyes watched Yuna run off, a blush forming on her face. A blush?

Oh hell no! Another girl on their team could not have a crush on Yuna! The girl was already occupied with Yerin and Eunbi so Kim Yewon would not even get a chance! Just more things to add to the list of problems!

"Yah! Stop eyeing our captain! She's not for you!" SinB hissed at Yewon making her eyes wide in response.

"I wasn't eyeing her? Her shirt was backwards so-"

"So it was funny to you? Haha, I'm laughing so much- you didn't ing tell her?!"

Yewon shrunk under her gaze like a vulnerable puppy, whimpering as the predator came to attack her prey. She never felt so unprotected until now... well scratch that, back in middle school was a whole different story. But that wasn't important right now as SinB's eyes literally burned a hole into her!

"I... I'm sorry-"

"You better be ing sorry! You think you can just come in here late and frolick around while we're working hard?!" SinB's yell echoed throughout the gymnasium, finally catching Sojung's full attention as she ran over and pulled SinB away from practically spitting on Yewon's face.

"SinB! What the hell is your problem?" Sojung pulled at her shoulder in attempt to make the girl stand down... that proved to only make things worse as the latter yanked her hand away, scowling at Sojung in disgust.

"Whatever." Clicking her tongue, SinB scoffed lightly and threw her hands in the air as she walked out of the gym with steam escaping her head.

Anger was the only thing SinB could feel right now. Perhaps Yewon didn't take this volleyball thing seriously and was only trying out because she wanted to have that... sporty-jock reputation through out the school. Just from the thought made SinB's blood boil. She herself took volleyball very seriously as... well, it was the only way she would be able to get a scholarship because her grades were pretty average and SinB had nothing else. Maybe dancing but that was only a hobby for her.

Volleyball was something for her to escape to, something to lose herself into. Yet here was Kim Yewon coming in late which meant the girl was already behind and someone being behind meant the team would get dragged down with them. Just because SinB or Yuna were exceptionally good at volleyball didn't mean everyone else was!

SinB balled her hands into fists, unable to rid of the building up fire in her stomach.

"Eunbi!  Eunbi wait!" Her oh so familiar voice came into earshot as a hand gripped SinB's arm tightly causing her to stop in her tracks.

SinB only shrugged the hand off and turned towards the person, "What?"

"What the hell is wrong with you?!"

Another scoff left , flailing her arms in frustration.

What's wrong with her? What's wrong with her?! A lot of things were wrong with her yet SinB never showed it! Was it the built up stress that caused her to just snap? Maybe but that didn't change the fact that SinB had that built up stress. In fact, she still stressing right now! About a lot of things really but that was none of Yuna's business anyway.

"Nothing! Just go back to the gym, I'll pick up my clothes later."

Now it was Yuna's turn to scoff. She grabbed SinB's forearm, tightly, trying not to let the girl escape. "SinB-"

"Hey Yuna-eonni? Sometimes you don't need to get in my ing way." Glaring at her captain, SinB tried to pry out of Yuna's grip, "Yeah whatever, I was rude to the girl but she came late and at the end of practice! There was really no point in coming at all then!"

"That doesn't give you the right to talk to her like that!" Yuna finally snapped. Given the opportunity, Yuna would normally never be mad but right now? SinB... SinB was just getting on her nerves. Pulling her arm, Yuna found her nose almost touching with the spiker's, eyes burning deep into hers. As a result, a very obvious blush tinted SinB's cheeks; hoping that Yuna couldn't hear her heartbeat. Though despite that, Yuna leaned closer with sharp eyes.

Huh? Wait why was her heart beating so fast? Yuna's lips were so close to hers... No! She couldn't think of her captain like that! What was with her?!

"Yu-"

"No ing excuses Hwang Eunbi." Seeming to cool down, Yuna relaxed her shoulders a bit and released her grip on SinB's arm... yet they still stayed in close promixity.

"I need you to calm down, okay?" Her eyes softened rather quickly as Yuna cupped SinB's cheeks, "Those are our teammates, remember?"

SinB gave a short nod, cheeks turning hotter and hotter.

"I need you here with me, Eunbi..."

Her whispers went shivers down SinB's spine. And all she could think about was how she needed her heart to calm the down. It was beating way too fast for her! Perhaps it was because of Yuna's closeness but she hoped that it was just the adrenaline pumping through her veins.

Yeah! No way...

Having feelings for her captain was an absolute joke, right? I mean, just as Sojung said: everyone had a crush on Yuna at least once... and SinB had hers around the last year of middle school? Well a "crush" really. Just an interest in Yuna but not exactly romantic feelings.

Yeah, that was it. Nothing weird at all...

"i am with you..." SinB muttered, unable to hold in her embarrassment.

 

"good because i'll always be with you, remember that hwang eunbi."

 

 

i wrote this at like 4 am so please forgive for weird grammar and writing.
anyway, yay thumbji is finally here! 

hope you enjoyed this chapter! stay tuned for more! :D

(and as a punishment for missing a week i will release a short fluff chapter huehuehue)