the unexpected

let's play!

"And then I went pow! It felt soo good after winning that one game!" Yuna exclaimed as she jumped in the air, reminiscing about last year.

Eunbi couldn't relate and to be honest, nothing made sense. Pow? What the hell is a "pow"? She's sure that it's probably simple but pow?

"Kids, hurry up. The seats are being taken quickly." Sungjin waved them over, guiding the team into the building.

And holy hell, it smelled delicious! Korean barbeque at it's finest! The smell of meats wafting into Eunbi's nose after a good exercise was absolute heaven. Drool built up in as she sat in a small booth, moving in as Sojung, Yuna, Yerin, and SinB filled the spots next to her. Their other teammates couldn't go because of studying for something. Which made Eunbi kinda surprised because who studies on the first day of school? Yeah. No one does.

Eunbi looked to her side, expecting the bubbly puppy to be next to her... only to see Sojung staring back at her.

"I'm guessing you want me to change seats?" Sojung raised an eyebrow knowingly. Though a small smirk was quirked on the corner of her lips. She leaned in close to Eunbi's ear and smiled softly, "It's okay, i wanted to sit next to Yerin anyway."

Huh? Oh? Was this... oh? Eunbi's jaw dropped down, eyes completely shocked at Sojung as she tapped Yuna's shoulder and asked to change seats. WHAT?! Did this mean something? Oh it definitely meant something! Because Sojung looked way too happy right now! Also was the taller girl trying to set her up with Yuna?

"That eonni!" Hiding her face in her arms, Eunbi kept a little space between her and Yuna. The captain didn't even pay attention to her, which hurt her pride in a way. Yes. Perhaps Eunbi did want Yuna to sit next to her. What's the harm in that? Nothing really.

Not able to help herself, Eunbi stole a glance at Yuna. Beautiful. Honestly breathtaking. Her eyes sparkled, even without having a volleyball at hand and when she did have a volleyball, Yuna's eyes were practically stars. They just sparkled naturally. Needless to say, it was made Eunbi lose herself. She became astray when her eyes met with Yuna's, no doubt, alone in the small galaxy that it beheld. Amazing how just small balls in your head could express so much emotion. Even if Yuna was just spacing out.

But she really wasn't. Just.. lost in her own thoughts.

Lost in the memories of the past.

But that didn't need to be thought of right now!
Right now, meat was coming out!

"Wahh~ That looks delicious~" Eunbi clapped her hands together, standing to look over the meat (even though it wasn't cooked yet).

"Looks like you're ready to eat." 

That melodius sound soothed Eunbi's heart, cheeks heating up as she turned to look at Yuna. Their eyes connected just as she sat back down, a smile being shared with the girl. Oh my god. Her captain was smiling at her! This was really nothing to gush over about but Yuna's smile seemed so perfect! Teeth like pearls and her eyes curved into half moons. Seriously, this girl was damn near perfect. Or is already perfect.

Smile softening just a bit, Yuna placed a hand on Eunbi's shoulder, concern written on her face, "You okay? Your face is... super red..."

Oh really? Eunbi didn't even notice! The red color only deepened once she turned her head away from Yuna, in attempt to hide her blush. For the love of goddess... why was she such a mess around Choi Yuna? Her volleyball captain?! Holding a hand to her own cheek, Eunbi giggled nervously,

"Just- just excited for food!" She laughed nervously, body fidgeting.

Yuna gave Eunbi a suspicious look. There was no reason for the girl to be so... red about eating. Maybe it was just her but Yuna never saw anyone get that red over meat. I mean yeah, food is great and all but Yuna found volleyball better than food. Actually scratch that, they were on equal terms. Oh. Actually... Yuna her chin in thought, eyebrows furrowing as she tried to think why Jung Eunbi was so red.

Ah! Because of SinB!

"Oh! Eunbi... I've been meaning to ask..." Yuna's eyes opened wide, her hand from Eunbi's shoulder raising and slowly... going to her cheek?
"Does your face still hurt?" Debating on whether or not to actually touch her cheek, Yuna bit her lip as it moved away from her face. But the girl could see in Eunbi's eyes, a whisper that told her something. It was as if Eunbi was telling her, yes it's fine, touch me. To which was true. Eunbi wouldn't mind if Yuna touched her in any way.

WAIT. NOT LIKE THAT!

"Ah... actually... it doesn't hurt that much anymore."

A sigh left Yuna's mouth, smiling to her fullest and leaned in to get a better look at where Eunbi was hit. Hand cupping her cute and chubby cheeks, Yuna's finger grazed along a pinker area. The fact that SinB even hit her with a ball made Yuna feel guilty. So that smile? Yep, gone in a flash, replaced by a sad frown. And a frown on Choi Yuna was not a good look.

"Still... I'm really sorry about SinB. I keep on telling her not to practice by the door but she's stubborn." Yuna rubbed her nape awkwardly before looking Eunbi in the eyes,

"I just don't want you to get hurt again."

Ah. Was that Eunbi's heart? Because HOLY ! How can Choi Yuna literally be the epitome of perfect?! First of all, she's athletic. Second, she's so ing beautiful and oh my god look at her abs. Third, she was an absolute sweetheart! A puppy at most. And Eunbi didn't doubt that she could add more to the list of how perfect Choi Yuna is.

"HEY! Lovebirds!~ Stop talking and get to eating!"

What?! They already started cooking?

wait...

Lovebirds?!

Shooting a glare at Sojung, who only stuck her tongue out in response, Eunbi let out a huff before picking up her chopsticks. They were not lovebirds! And the two were far from flirting, Yuna was only concerned as a captain! Right. Only concerned as a captain. That's completely normal! A captain should be worried only as a... well captain. Nothing more to that.

Sadly.

"WAH! That's hot!" 

The clanking of chopsticks snapped Eunbi out of it, eyes blinking mindlessly.

"Hnngg~~ my tongue is burnt~~" Yuna whined like the puppy she was, sticking out her tongue to let it cool down.

And being the good girl she was, Eunbi reached for her water to lend to the girl. But Yerin beat her to it. Turning her gaze to meet Yerin's, Eunbi tightened her lips, ice running down her spine as Yerin's dark pupils stared into hers. Her aura... it was... weird. The girl's eyes were staring at her as if... as if Yerin was threatening her.

"Here Yuna-yah. Drink my water." Emphasizing on "my", Yerin's intimidating aura disappeared in a flash just as Yuna took her water (which also happened to brush their hands together) and SinB tapping on the older girl's shoulder.

What the actual ? It was just her first day and she already had problems with someone? No... it couldn't be. Maybe it was just her imagination. There was NO way that Yerin could hate her considering how cheerful she was before! So everything is alright!

Hopefully.

-

"Bye bye!"

Everyone waved goodbyes to each other, Eunbi walking in the other direction compared to the rest of the team who seemed to walk into one direction. Her stomach was full and satisfied, patting on it as she made her ways to her house. But something made Eunbi on edge. She couldn't explain what but anxiety lurked within her. After all, it was after night and the only light she was recieving was the moon and the dark streetlight. Okay. It wasn't too late out considering how some houses had their lights on but still! It was dark!

Crouching down in defense, Eunbi looked around nervously. Was someone following her?

"Eunbi?-"

"AH!"

"AH! WHAT?!"

"HUH?!" Eunbi jumped at the voice and got into her defense stance.

Ah.
Maybe she's just dumb...

Turns out it was just Yuna! Choi Yuna! Her amazingly beautiful captain! Wait Yuna? What was she doing here?

"Did you not see me earlier? My house is this way so I just decided to walk next to you..." Yuna giggled, jogging closer to the relaxed bunny, "Your mind was somewhere else thought..." Oh? What was this? A frown on her captain's face?

"Sorry Yuna-yah... I thought someone was following me..." Responding with an awkward laugh, the air between the two turned tense. Damn it! Why was it so hard to keep a normal conversation between them? All Eunbi wanted was a normal atmosphere. Not this stupid awkwardness or whatever it was.

"Yuna-"

"Oh! Here's my house."

Eunbi raised her eyebrow. Already? The walk felt so short though and she wanted to stay longer with her captain. Her eyes looked at the medium sized house. It was on the bigger side but small at the same time. So, medium sized.

Hold up.

Is this... real?

"Wait... Yuna, I live just across from you!"

 

Oh. My. God.



 

 

 

hhhh
okay this might be going a little bit fast(?) ofnlsdnk ill admit, im copying straight from my notes and outlines...

anyway, hope you enjoyed this short kinda fluffy chapter! stay tuned for more :D