the team

let's play!

Deep breath! Okay, Jung Eunbi! You can do this!

All she had to do was open the door! That was it. Eunbi had already registered before school even started! Here she was, right at the door of the gym that she couldn't seem to go into. Oh god, her nerves were catching up to her! What if the team hate hers?! Does she look sporty enough? Did she buy the right shorts? WHAT IF SHE MADE A FOOL OUT OF HERSELF?!
Too many thoughts were rushed to Eunbi's head. For now, she had to brush off her insecurities and walk in. Walk in damn it!

A yelp escaped as a loud bang came from the opposite side of the metal door. Of course, Eunbi could only guess it was a volleyball but it sounded awfully hard... what if something like that hit her?! Would she die?! Oh my god, she couldn't die while playing volleyball!

Okay! You can do it! Are you ready Jung Eunbi?
BECAUSE IM READY!

"AHHH!!"

"OH MY GOD! ARE YOU OKAY?!" A girl screamed out, rushing over to Eunbi in a split second, "Holy hell! Your nose!"

Turns out, she was not ready.
Eunbi laughed softly but inside she was in deep pain. Holding her hand over her nose, Eunbi shook her hand, brushing off the girl who was apologizing. Haha, it felt as if her nose was bleeding. Wait. Unless if it already was... but it could be an excuse not to go to practice-

"YAH EUNBI! What did I tell you about serving at the door?!"

Eunbi? But that was her? How did this insanely beautiful girl know her name? Is it just her or was Eunbi's face getting hotter?
Oh my god.

"Sorry Yuna-eonni! Yerin wouldn't set for me!"

"Because she's not a setter! Why don't you ask Chaeyeon or something?!" The girl named Yuna sighed in frustration as she stomped over to Eunbi and held a hand out to her, "Sorry about this brat right here..." Yuna almost snarled at the other Eunbi causing her to shiver. Not partically in fear... but maybe it was kinda cool? Eunbi didn't know but a sense of... dominance oozed from Yuna.

"No- no... um, it's fine..." ! Did she just stutter? I mean how could she not? This Yuna girl looked absolutely breathtaking. Her black hair tied up into a long ponytail and her bangs sticking to her forehead due to the sweat. Goodness... she looked girlcrush material. And hold up, did Yuna just get closer? Because her heart was going crazy. Now that Yuna is closer, she looked hotter than before! Holy , Eunbi had to stop for a moment. Her thoughts were getter gayer and gayer by the second. Was that a word? Maybe, maybe not.

"Oh wait! Are you the new girl? What was it..." Yuna her chin and looked up to the sky like she was thinking,
"Jung Eunbi?"

thump thump

Ah. Was that her heart? What was this? Just from the simple saying of her name made her heart beat this fast.

"mhm..."

"Great!"

A loud clap snapped Eunbi out of her gay thoughts, eyes turning up towards Yuna. Why was she so beautiful? She was like... like an angel!

"I'm Choi Yuna, a second year and team captain!" A victorious grin formed on Yuna's face as she pointed to herself with her thumb. God, even the name Choi Yuna sounded perfect! And in Eunbi's eyes, she resembled a puppy; one that stole her heart. Was her eyes sparkling? Probably because Choi Yuna looked excited, maybe a bit too excited to be having a new member to the club.

"Nice to meet you, Yuna-ssi-"

"No need for honorifics! We're a team, remember?" A small chuckled escaped Yuna's lips making Eunbi's face as red as a tomato. Huh? Wait, why was she feeling like this? Her heart was racing but in a good way, you know?

"HEY! I'm Eunbi already! We can't have another one!" A girl slapped on her back came running towards Eunbi making her flinch considering how this other Eunbi hit her... in the face with a ing volleyball!

"Yah... literally everyone calls you SinB, so Eunbi here can be called by her real name." Yuna laughed, cackling almost.

'SinB' pouted her lips, rolling her eyes as she placed her hand on her hip. "But-"

"YAH BRAT! Come over here and practice! Me and Chaeyeon are waiting you know..." A tall girl joined the small circle around Eunbi, words trailing off into nowhere as she looked downwards. "Wah, short."

Holy hell. A literal wall towered Eunbi, a shadow casting over her face as she blinked mindlessly. The girl's blonde hair made her look less scary but that didn't help the fact that she was 100 meters tall! I mean, she looked nice enough but at the same time looked... intimidating. And wait a minute, did she jsut call her short?!

"Who're you calling short?! I'm 163 cm!" Eunbi huffed making the taller girl laugh. Okay but technically, Eunbi was 162 cm...

"And?"

Her words made Yuna snap her fingers. She yelled out, calling the whole team over to Eunha; voice echoing through the giant gymnasium. But Eunha could only focus on how... hot her yelling voice sounded-

"Everyone! Gather, this is our new teammate!" Yuna stood next to Eunha, eyes turned to the girl.

Oh god. Nope, Eunbi did not sign up for all the eyes on her! Her stomach was churning, nervous as her bottom lip trembled before bowing 90 degrees. "Hell- Hello! I'm Jung Eunbi, a second year... nice to meet you!"

"Alright, introdce yourselves!"

The first girl to stand up was the one nicknamed SinB. And also the one who slammed a volleyball into her face. She stood up with her hand up in the air, wavy black locks falling from her loose ponytail. Wait she looked awfully familiar... Ah. Shawing.

"I'm Hwang Eunbi, or SinB. And you eonni, are technically younger than me in volleyball skills! I'm only a first year." A cocky smirk formed on her lips but in a way, SinB seemed fun, enthusiastic.

Yuna watched the girl with unamused eyes and waved SinB to sit down as the next girl stood up. The incredibly tall girl.

Her long legs stretched out as she smiled warmly though unlike SinB she had a teasing aura. Well considering that right when she met this girl, Eunbi was teased about her height. But she wasn't even that short! The girl was taller than most in elementary and... kind of now but still... there are people shorter than her.

"Kim Sojung. Middle blocker and third year." She introduced simply and plainly. Quite different from Sojung's greeting towards her. Though even with Kim Sojung's plain and intimidating self, the girl felt like someone Eunbi could rely on. You know? She felt as if she could go to Sojung for aid and the girl wouldn't judge her at all for it. But it was only feeling.

As Sojung sat down, another girl stood up. Or more... jumped up. Energetic would be the word to describe this dark haired girl. And to be honest, she kinda reminded Eunbi of Yuna. That same energy oozed from and not to mention the almost identical black bangs the two had. Nevertheless, Eunbi still found Choi Yuna more attractive than whoever this was.

"Hello! Jung Yerin, I am a third year and a libero!" Yerin smiled brightly, a smile that made her eyes curve into half moons. Though something in that smile hid a feeling. Eunbi couldn't place her finger on it but a... shiver ran down her spine as Yerin winked at her before sitting down with the rest of the girls. Was it the flirty aura that Yerin was giving off? No... she didn't think so at least. Well, whatever. Eunbi shouldn't think about people's flaws just after meeting them! 

The list of people kept on going on. What was it? Chaeyeon... Chungha... um, Eunbi didn't really listen as she was anticipating for the girl she'd been waiting for. Her eyes oh so naturally went over to Yuna's, locking eye-contact that only seemed to make her blush. A redness covered her face as Eunbi tried her best to hide the fact she was blushing because of Yuna.

"You already know me but I might as well introduce myself formally." Yuna cleared before giving Eunbi a bright smile. Maybe the brightest one yet because the sun seemed it was dimming next to her,
"Choi Yuna and as you know, I am the captain. My position is an opposite hitter which means I will attack most of the time."

Eunbi's heart began to thump faster as Yuna gave her a small high five. Just from a small touch from the girl and Yuna could get her heart racing from 1 mile per hour to 100.

"Nice to meet you all!"

 

 

 

 

hello! i finally started a volleyball au that i've been wanting to do for so long!
I actually did some research but im still not sure if some these facts are right so please forgive me if I sound a bit dumb.

i hoped the introduction chapter wasn't too boring, stay tuned for more! :D