Chapter 5

Star-Crossed (Chanyeol x Reader)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


"Where is Chanyeol? The fans are asking where he is." They are currently on Intagram live, showing the world how they celebrate the end of their concert as well as the New Year's. They wanted to greet their fans and also thank them for supporting and being with them the whole year.


The fans noticed that the happy virus is not in the live and they are wondering if he did not join the celebration.

 

Truth is, he is outside the restaurant, waiting for someone. His hands are numb from the cold, but not from the weather. He felt that way because of nervousness, anxiousness. He has been waiting  for her for a good five minutes and the nerves are starting to eat him up.

 

He brought his freezing hands on his mouth and tried to warm it up. He did this several times but it only seems to get colder. He can warm himself up inside the restaurant but he chose to wait for her outside.

 

A fourth text was sent to her, asking where she is but he did not receive any response. He also tried calling her but no answer. This is when anxiousness fully engulfed him and thousands of thoughts started running in his mind. As seconds pass by, he can't help himself from thinking that something bad might happen on her way. 

 

He was about to call her, for the 6th time when he saw a car coming his direction.  

 

Please let it be her. 

Please let it be her. 


He sent a million thanks to the heaven when the car stopped in front of him and then the window rolled down, he saw that it was really her. 

 

He guided her where she can park the car and waited for her patiently. He gave her a welcoming smile when she went out of the vehicle.

 

"I'm sorry for being late. I'm really sorry." She said to him bowing at least a couple of times and went immediately to open the trunk. 

 

"I'm not a very good driver, plus the road is slippery then I also have to be extra careful because of the cakes." He can sense how worried she was, he felt the same way only a few minutes ago. "I can't answer your call because..." 


"Hey.. hey.." He gently touched her shoulders with both his hands and tried searching for her eyes. When he did, he saw how her brows are furrowed and her lips are puckered.

 

Pretty!

 

"It's okay. I was... I.. just got worried. I thought something happened." It is true, his mind is racing the whole time he was waiting for her. But everything is fine now... now that she is here... safe. He realeased a deep breath that he didn't realize he was holding. 


"What matters is you're here now. Come on, let me help you carry those." He pointed at the boxes inside her car. 


She tried to stop him from helping but before she can say anything, he is already carrying 4 boxes.


"Thank you, Chanyeol." 


His name has never sounded so sweet before. 


"Can you stay, Noona?" Sehun

 

She was about to say no but she was dragged towards the nearest seat available, beside Chanyeol. 

 

"Is it okay if I make a call first?" The question was shot at him, Chanyeol nodded and asked her is she wants him to accompany her. She declined politely and told him it's okay. She returned after a few minutes telling then that she can stay for a while.


 

As the leader, Suho took the initiative to congratulate and thank all the staff that helped them during their tour. At the end of his speech, he mentioned that as a token of appreciation, the members have something to give them. He then pointed at the table where the small boxes of cake are neatly arranged. She thought about how it would be a hassle to cut 50 cake slices, so she decided to make small ones and put it inside a box. 


A few minutes after, most of the staff decided to leave and spend the end of the year with their loved ones. 


The boys chose to stay a bit longer. They wouldn't know when would be the next time that they can be all together. After this, each of them will be busy with their own projects, especially Baekhyun and Jongin.

 

" So, Noona, we already know who your bias is..." They all looked at Jongdae who has a smug smile directing at his giant friend who is not very pleased with the topic. He slumped on his seat and shot their maknae a glare.

 

"Can you tell who among us looks intimidating?" Sehun already knows the answer, though he wanted to confirm it and at the same time tease his giant hyung.


She hesitated but answered him honestly. " I'm sorry" She started then looked at Chanyeol. The moment she did, his eyes went wide and he pointed at himself as if asking if she really meant it to be him. Sehun on the other hand, laughed at this and he gave Chanyeol an 'I-told-you-so' look. He already told him how he behave in front of her, How he look so stiff and so serious.


"Well, he seems so serious when I first saw him so I thought..." She started to explain herself.


"Actually, he is the team's Happy Virus." Explained Baekhyun, of course siding his bestfriend "He spread happiness to everyone of us and he is also one of friendliest." 

 

Baekhyun is saying a lot of his friend's positive traits and she is just looking at Chanyeol the whole time, stilly expressing her amazement towards him. 

 

Bless you, Baek! Chanyeol, mentally thanked his friend.

 


The other members are trying hard not to laugh out loud. They once again noticed how their friend's ears are glowing up. Jongin stood up and touched Chanyeol's ear. He hissed and acted as if he was burnt by it which made Sehun crack even more. Junmyeon was silently observing his friends, he is glad that they are finally able to have fun and enjoy themselves. However, a small frown suddenly appeared on his face when he realized that they will soon be facing another bump on their carreer. He just hoped that they will be able to surpass this one.

.

.

Jongin shouldn't be eating sweets but he just finished his first huge slice. He is adamant to eat it at first but Chanyeol literally shoved the fork in his mouth so he was able to have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter