Chapter 1

Star-Crossed (Chanyeol x Reader)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Park Chanyeol, EXO's main rapper, composer and the self-appointed Happy Virus. He is known to bring smiles and laughter to everyone around him especially the fans. In times of difficulties, he is one to make the situation light and bright, always possitive and passionate. 

His whole life changed almost 2 years ago. It started with soft flashes of white that occurs very seldom. He ignored it for thinking that he's only tired, his eyes are just tired and needed rest. 

Then like a struck of lightning, darkness consumed him. 

The doctors had a conclusion that he has developed an illness called Achromatopsia, a color vision deficiency where a person can only see things as black and white or in shades of gray.

He was tested and examined more than enough times, both Domestic and International, just to check if he is manifesting some other illness that might have been the cause of his vision problem, all results came out as normal. 

In the end, he gave up going to the doctors check up, they already did everything but he's still not cured, even any signs of improvement is not present. 

What amazes him is how nobody else noticed his condition. The only ones who knows his situation are s, family, and of course, the chairman. They are all very supportive of him, even persuading him to continue with the tests and therapy.

He smiled infront of everyone every day, at least he is trying to, but only those who truly knew him well could tell a real one from a fake, and that is because they know why.

Soon his smiles were reflexive and his eyes were dull, so empty. When he laughed, it sounded hallow like the laugh of a man about to die.

Night was always the worst for him A hellish kind of isolation where his only companion was loneliness and loneliness would never leave, not even if he tried his hardest.

 

_____________________

 

After days of  torturous pestering from s added by some persuasion from his sister, Chanyeol finally gave in and went out of his apartment to have boys night out. Let me rephrase that, ‘Bonding Time’ as what Baekhyun wanted to call their get together. It has been so long since the last time he joined his friends, and he also thought that maybe he can try to have fun which he rarely does nowadays.

 

They decided to play around the river, this is what they used to do when they were still trainees. The bicycle rental that they knew is still on business which made them happy. After playing with the bicycles, they got starved so they went to the nearest 24-hour convenience store to buy some snacks, their disguise gears are worn of course, they weren’t recognized luckily.

 

As they are looking for a decent spot to munch the food on their hands, Chanyeol saw an old lady sitting by the large tree in front of the river. He contemplated with himself first if he should approach the old one and ask if she is okay, after a minute of thinking hard, his good manners won and he started walking to where she is.

 

“Are you okay Ma’am?” He asked politely and also not forgetting to bow.

 

He heard no response, instead, the old woman’s teary eyes looked at him sadly and her hands travelled on her stomach. Chanyeol automatically knew what she is trying to say and he whole heartedly offered what he was holding. Noticing that she might have a hard time swallowing, he stride away from her and went back to the store to buy a bottled water. When he came back, the old woman is almost done with her food so he immediately handed the water.

 

She must be really starving. He thought to himself.

 

He smiled at the person before him one last time and turned his back to get to where his friends are. He was halted when he felt something warm hold him.

 

“You must be sad not seeing the world’s wondrous colors.”

 

“How did you…” He wasn’t even able to finish his sentence. He was just so startled by what is happening, how the hell did this person know that he has this illness? Who is she?

 

“Who are you?”

 

“I am nobody, boy. I a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter