Chapter 4

Star-Crossed (Chanyeol x Reader)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They are just lounging in the living room, the first day of their DOT has just ended and they felt amazing knowing that they can finally have a rest in a few days time. All of them are in their second can of beer aside from Baekhyun, who is not yet done with his first and Chanyeol, who's downing his 5th can. Once again, they are wordlessly expressing their worry for him.

 

"You can talk to us." Offered Suho. He has been keeping an eye on Chanyeol since the start of their concert, they all were. 

 

"I don't know where to start." He confessed.

 

"How about you tell us how you knew it was her?" Jongin


And so Chanyeol did. He told them how he was just minding his own business, talking with his fans during ment when he saw her all of a sudden and how flashes of colors almost blinded him. He told them even the most embarassing detail of being scared when he lost her in the crowd and thought that his sight will be back to how it was.

 

All of them are paying close attention to him, taking in all of his words. It is evident that he is in grave need of advise and he clearly didn't know what to do. They literally thought that he will be fine as soon as he get his sight back but he seems to be more confused now than he was before.

 

Chanyeol's brows furrowed even more when he mentioned about how he was being pulled towards her by a certain force he cannot tell. How they know where he stand in the stupid thing called 'Love at first sight', they all nodded in undersatanding upon the mention of that topic. 

 

"... and yet here I am, so entranced by the mere thought of her. Dammit!"  Shaking his head while chuckling to himself.

 

Without saying anything, Junmyeon took something out of his pocket and handed it to Chanyeol. Fortunately, Suho was able to obtain the card from their manager, saying that he will take full responsibility of everything that might happen. He planned to give it some time before handing this card to but it looks like he badly needed it now.

 

"If you're only going to stare at it, Let me have it instead." Baekhyun annoying his best friend.

 

"Don't you dare" He growled. With trembling but eager hands, he took it from Junmyeon and shot him a greatful smile.

 

He was left all alone after his friends decided to retire for the night and went inside their respective rooms. As much as his body wanted to doze off, his mind is not cooperating so he still won’t be able to go to sleep. Moreover, he felt like he wanted to call someone. The card that is hidden feels burning hot in his pocket.

 

Wide Awake Café

 

He’s been looking at her card for more than an hour, debating with himself if he should man up and call the number.

 

After a taking a hundred deep breaths, he decided to give it a go. 

 

His eyes landed on the wall clock and he cringed when he saw the time that was written.

 

 

… It is freaking 2AM, of course she is asleep. He cursed to himself and was about to press the end call button when he was suddenly alerted that the person he was calling picked it up.

 

 

“I’m so sorry I disturbed your sleep. I’ll call you again tomorrow” He immediately apologized, bowing like she can actually see him.

 

“May I know who this is?”

 

“Ahmm… This is Chanyeol... from EXO”  

 

There was a slight pause on the other line before he heard her say  "Oh.. the giant with huge ears?" She exclaimed a little too loud but still pleasant to his ears. Then it was followed by a loud gasp.

 

Chanyeol heard several apologies, she is saying sorry if she somehow offended him. He can hear panic and embarrasment in her voice and he found it so adorable that he can't stop himself from laughing,  with his low and deep voice, it sounded like a thunder booming.

 

He bit his lips and ran a hand on his smooth hair. "I better hang up, I'll call you again in the morning." still laughing a little.

 

“Honestly, I’m having a hard time sleeping, so it’s alright.” Was her response.

 

“You have insomnia too?” Chanyeol asked her, looking at himself through the window, smiling.

 

“No. I think I had too much coffee today. Plus I drunk some energy drink earlier, I didn’t know that being in a concert can be so tiring. Oh! Congratulations again. You guys were awesome.”

 

This has been the longest he heard her speak and her voice is starting to become a melody in his ears. He settled himself in one corner of their dorm, in front of the high ceiling glass window over looking the Han River. In the reflection, he can see his face wrinkling from laughing too much earlier and now he cannot even stop himself from smiling. A strand of hair is out of place so he fixed it carefully wanting look even more handome. It is as if he is talking to her face-to-face, he wanted to impress her.

 

“Anyway, shouldn’t your manager be the one to reach out with regards to this kind of stuff?” She inquied, having an idea as to why he was calling.

 

“Yeah… I mean, No!! We are very hands on with things like this.” He lied loudly.

 

Muffled noises can be heard behind him so he looked around, phone still attached on his right ear.

 

Nothing. 

 

Without his knowledge, his laughter earlier awakened the other occupants of the house and they are now trying real hard to hide their big forms behind the sofa, this is actually the easy part, what’s much harder is how to keep themselves from staying quiet.

 

"Actually, We have a bit of a problem and we are not sure if you'll be okay with this."


Chanyeol told her that the party is right after their final concert, which is literally tomorrow. Their original plan is to have it a few days after the New Year's but due to some unforseen events, they have to move it on a much earlier date. To make matters worse, the cake should be good for at least 50 persons.


She was just listening at him intently, mentally taking note of the things that he is saying and also pondering if she can pull off their request considering the fact that the time given to her is limited.

 

"Can you give me a minute? I will just check on something."

 

"Take your time." After giving him her thanks, his call was then put on hold and it was only then that he was able to take a breather. Shuffles can be heard in the background as he wait. A sweat rolled down from the side of his head so he brushed it away. 

 

er! It is damn winter, why the hell am I sweating?

 

“I guess it's alright. But uhmm.. Don’t you think it’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter