Chapter 3

Star-Crossed (Chanyeol x Reader)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-ctto-

I am all alone without you
My days are dark without the glimpse of you
But now that you came into my life
I feel complete
The flowers bloom, my morning shines
And I can see

- "YOUR LOVE" 

 

The left side of her profile is screaming for attention, it is more purple than any other color, it is as bright as the ripest plum you could ever think of added with blotches of red.  She is certain that most of the people inside the room noticed the state of her face so she tried to cover it up, she brushed her hair lightly and hid her cheek from their view. Too late though because the tallest member of the band is now standing too close and gently examining her.

 

“You got hurt.” He stated.   

 

Unfortunately, she wanted to answer him but settled on staying quiet. 

 

"Was this checked by the medic?" He did not wait for her answer, he took a step back, planning to get an ice pack or something that might help for the bruising but he was halted back in place by something soft and warm. 

 

"It's alright. It doesn't hurt much." He heard her say, still looking at the small hand that was gently holding his arm, he can clearly see the contrast in their skin, hers are totally glowing against his. It looks perfect.

 

She pulled away quickly when she realized where he was looking at. 

 

They are looking at Chanyeol and this lady like they were the leads in a romantic drama. All five of them don't need confirmation from their friend, they knew, right at that moment, THIS MUST BE HER, NO... THIS CLEARLY IS HER.

 

They are certain because it shows on the way their friend move, like he is being pulled beside her like a magnet. And it definitely shows because their friend’s elf ears are now flaming red he will definitely get burnt if he touch it. His ears never get red, not unless you flick or pinch it hard, so the fact it is now as red as Rudolf's nose indicates that there is something. hmmm 

 

"Your manager told me you liked the food," She started and saw how all of them nodded enthusiastically. The boys gave nothing but praises to her food but…

 

““It was actually my boyfriend who prepared everything, I only helped with the pasta. Uhmm... I am in charge with that cake though.” She said in a voice as sweet as the cake she is pointing at. He could drink in her words like a strong wine and enjoy feeling tipsy. He watched her like she had the stars in her hands and soft petals at her feet.

 

It is too late for Chanyeol to actually realize what she said exactly. He is sporting a face that clearly shows complete confusion. He looked at Beakhyun to confirm if what he heard was right or he was just hearing nonsense.

 

His was not looking at them but he knows s bore worried glances at him while Baekhyun only gave him a weak smile. Oh

 

He did not know what he was supposed to feel, he managed to shoot her a forced smile, there is a sudden numbness in his neck so he lazily massage it.

 

"It's the best Pasta I ever had" Baekhyun saved him from the unexpected situation.

 

All the while s are trying to converse with this woman, he was just standing still… observing them… observing her. She’s smiling in that same way a kid used to when asked to go in front of the class and discuss how their weekend went, not scared but not relaxed enough for a genuine smile. He noticed the way she bit her lips how her hands curl, he noticed how she was always looking down avoiding eye contact.

 

He didn’t imagine that the one he was waiting for is already committed to someone, the thought didn’t even crossed his mind, not even once.

 

What do I do now?

 

In the end, he contemplated that it wouldn’t really matter if she is single or not, he only need her so he will not be in the darkness again. Maybe he assumed too much, maybe the reason why she was sent to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter