Matcha Latte

Kitten Fever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Heejin marched up to Jungeun's apartment, flinging the door open and slammed it shut, huffing out in frustration.

 

Sooyoung practically jumped to the ceiling from her seat, startled by the angsty entrance by the younger girl. "Sweet Lesbian Jesus, you scared the out of me."

 

The irritated girl didn't say a word, throwing her purse on the ground and plopping herself next to Sooyoung on the couch.  

 

"Oh? What has gotten your up in a bunch?" Sooyoung asked, raising her eyebrows at her friend.

 

Heejin let out a huff "Today was just, ughhh." She didn't want to reveal that she completely malfunctioned, unable to say a single word to a girl, twice. Heejin knew she would never hear the end of it from her friends, so she decided to keep shut and find comfort instead. Heejin nuzzled her head into the crook of Sooyoung's neck and chest and grabbed her friend's arms to wrap them around her waist. Finally, she pulled her legs onto the seat cushion, resting them onto Sooyoung's lap, and a content sigh of relief was released once Heejin was settled in. It was like Heejin was trying to make herself as small as possible, melding herself into Sooyoung's body.

 

A broad smile spread across Sooyoung's face as she rested her head on top of Heejin. Moments like these just go to show that Heejin really is the youngest in their friend group. Pouty Heejin is rather adorable and extremely clinging. It's almost impossible not to coddle the younger girl, but the older girls were used to this. Whenever Heejin is moody or had a rough day, the younger girl sought comfort from her friends, and they would laze around the rest of the day, cuddled into the couch.

 

They snuggled in peace, idly watching whatever drama Sooyoung was watching before Heejin arrived. The two students were unmotivated to study or work on any of their assignments from their classes. It just felt right to be doing nothing for the rest of the day, despite today being a Saturday. 

 

"Where's Jungie?" Heejin whined softly, only using that nickname whenever she was clinging.

 

The older girl closed her eyes, pressing her cheeks into Heejin's hair. "She is out on a date." It was odd having one of the trio missing, especially when the owner of the apartment was missing, and they occupied it without her. Jungeun's place was always where they hung out, and eventually, Sooyoung and Heejin were given spare keys to come in whenever they liked.

 

Heejin puffed her cheeks and pouted her bottom lip a bit more. "Again? She's still seeing that Achoo girl?"

 

Sooyoung chuckled as she listened to Heejin adorably whine more. "I don't think that's quite the name of the other girl. But you know how Jungeun is, she is the only one out of us that enters relationships, even if they are short-lived. I don't think it will be long until Jungeun gets bored again and ends things."

 

The younger girl hummed while sleepily nodding her head in agreement. A few minutes later, soft snores came from Heejin, still warmly wrapped in her friend's arms. Sooyoung breathed out a content sigh and embraced the smaller girl a bit tighter against her. She wouldn't admit it, but she needed some comfort too. Things have been a bit tough for her as well. 

 

Sooyoung hasn't seen Jinsoul in weeks, and it has been slowly killing her inside, but she couldn't put her finger on why. After the brunette gave her number to the blonde, she went to her daily routine to intercept Jinsoul in the morning. But this time, the blonde wasn't having it and told Sooyoung off that if she kept coming back, she would never set up their "date." 

 

It has been torture for Sooyoung, and she despised that Jinsoul had an advantage over her. The older girl has always been the one to call the shots, always in control. The situation felt foreign to her; she has never felt so helpless and at the mercy of another. 

 

The usual flirting and making out with random girls wasn't much of a distraction, either. If anything, it seemed to make things worse. Whenever she was with another girl and heard them speak, Sooyoung missed hearing Jinsoul's voice instead. The raspiness in the blonde's tone, whenever she began to get aggravated, which Sooyoung found very attractive, or whenever Jinsoul talked slowly with her signature slurred speech, which had a calming effect over the brunette. When Sooyoung pressed her lips with someone, she pondered what it would feel like to kiss Jinsoul's pink, plump lips and caress that sharp edge of her jawline. What Sooyoung missed the most, was when she stared into the eyes of Jinsoul. The blonde never failed to cause this fluttering feeling to rise within her gut and have the heat crawl up her neck and flush her cheeks. Others could never compare.

 

Sooyoung would always tell herself that she wasn't catching feelings. Jinsoul was simply the most attractive woman she has ever seen, and she just wanted a piece of her.

 

Thinking of the blonde again, she glanced at her phone like she has been constantly, as of late. But there was nothing, well, nothing from the one girl she wanted to hear from. She received many texts and calls from other girls she was recently with, but it was like she received nothing in her eyes.

 

Jungeun arrives back at her apartment with the broadest smile on her face. Her dates with Jiwoo have been nothing like previous ones with other girls. It took a while for Jiwoo to warm up and open up to Jungeun, but once the redhead was more comfortable, it wasn't long before she released her full personality. Being with Jiwoo was like dating a ball of pure happiness; the blonde never thought she could smile as much as she did. It got to the point where Jungeun's cheeks would be sore after spending the day with the redhead. There was never a dull moment with Jwioo. 

 

After unlocking the door, she was greeted with silence and a dark apartment. Weird, she figured Heejin and Sooyoung would be here. The blonde flipped the lights on and found her two friends cuddled together asleep on the couch. Jungeun immediately knew that Heejin didn't have a good day by how she was protectively tucked into Sooyoung's arms.

 

"Aw, our poor baby bun," Jungeun softly cooed at her sleeping friends. "I hope you have a better day tomorrow." She softly kissed the crown of Heejin's head and retreated to her room to call it a night. For once, she could sleep at her preferred bedtime.

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

After an evening of comfort, Heejin was more determined than ever. It was unlike her to be up this early, especially on a Sunday, but you can't blame her, she slept more than 16 hours last night. So here she was, glaring at the Aeong Cafe sign, one of the first to arrive at seven in the morning, right as the cafe opened.

 

With a bottle of Benadryl ready in her jacket and her nose already filled with nasal spray. She took a deep breath of fresh air, grasped the door handle, and swung it open. Hyunjin was startled by the sudd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter