Furry Weeb

Kitten Fever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The alarm blared, awaking the cafe worker from her slumber. Waking up at 5 AM on a Saturday would deter anyone from doing anything. She groaned with annoyance and lazily slapped at her phone's screen in hopes to stop the horrid noise. Relief spread throughout Hyunjin's body knowing fully there would be no more interruptions to her sleep, or so she thought. Only five minutes after she shut her alarm off, the sun literally burst into her room.

 

"Hyunjin! It's time to get ready. Jinsoul wanted to make sure you wouldn't sleep in. It's the grand opening!" Jiwoo's loud voice filled the room with excitement and eagerness. 

 

The younger girl whined into her pillow. "Five more minutes."

 

Jiwoo shook her head, placing her hands on her hips, "Nuh-uh, get up! We are all going together!" The redhead yanked the bed covers, and the rush of cold air harshly hit Hyunjin's body, jolting her awake. "We have to open, and before that, we have to prepare the food and set the tables."

 

"Aishh, fine!" The younger girl gave up, knowing she was no match to Jiwoo's high energy levels. 

 

"You were excited just a few days ago! Maybe you can aeong at all the customers." The redhead did her best to cheer up the grumpy and sleepy girl. 

 

It then hit Hyunjin that, just maybe, she would be able to see that shy and gorgeous longboarder again. Thoughts of the cute girl cracked a wide grin across Hyunjin's face, her mood completely changing from a grumpy cat to a smitten kitten. Hyunjin skipped to her bathroom to get ready, "Tell Soul. I'll be quick."

 

The sudden change in demeanor didn't go unnoticed by Jiwoo. The cheerful Hyunjin only puzzled her, but she shrugged to herself. She guesses aeonging to random people makes the ravenette happy. 

 

Just as Hyunjin said, it didn't take long for her to get ready. A quick shower and her outfit were already picked in hopes the unnamed cute girl would visit during their cafe's grand opening. It did take her a bit longer than usual, as she put on a bit of makeup, which was unusual, to say the least for her. Usually, when the ravenette worked, she wouldn't even bother with makeup, and she is rather comfortable being barefaced in public or even most of the time.

 

As Hyunjin greeted Jinsoul and Jiwoo a quick good morning while she prepared some toast for breakfast, the two older girls practically gawked at her. It was a strange sight seeing their youngest roommate, eloquently dressed for work. Hyunjin chose to wear a yellow summer dress, patterned with tiny daisies that would still look cute paired with the cafe's navy apron. Instead of a simple ponytail, her hair was neatly braided. The elegant braids would keep her hair away from the food while looking graceful. Her big round eyes were naturally a focal piece for her face, and with a bit of eyeliner and mascara, you would be lucky if you didn't get lost in her eyes. And to put the cherry on top, her lips were polished with a natural pink glossier. If you were to question where Hyunjin was going for the day, you would think she was ready to go out for a Sunday picnic date.

 

The blonde and redhead glanced at each other, wondering if either one knew what was going in the youngest girl's head. Unfortunately, they were both at a loss and shrugged at each other.

 

Jinsoul decided it was best to ask the girl herself rather than overthink it. "Hyun?" The youngest hummed in response, taking a big bite from her toasted bread.

 

"You know we are going to work at the cafe, right? Do you have a date or something later this evening?" The blonde irked an eyebrow at her friend.

 

Hyunjin unknowingly released a wistful sigh. She wishes she had a date, particularly with that longboarder. But the ravenette was still hopeful, crossing her fingers the girl that has been in her thoughts the past few days would show up. "I know we are working. I just thought I would dress a bit nicer since it's a special occasion. You know, it is the grand opening of Aeong Cafe after all." Hyunjin smiled widely at the two. 

 

Jinsoul cast a goofy smile, thinking Hyunjin shared the same joy as her. The blonde was brimmed with excitement and proceeded to run into her room. "I'm going to dress up too!"

 

Unlike the eldest girl, Jiwoo narrowed her eyes in suspicion. She knew there was another reason for Hyunjin's strange behavior.

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

After all the necessary preparations, the cafe workers were ready to open up the cafe and officially start their first day of work. It seemed like all the public advertisement, handing out flyers and spamming social media accounts was worth the effort. Before the doors were even open, a line was formed by eager patrons to be let in. The employees never expected this outcome, but they were all proud that the cafe's launch would be a success.

 

It was all a bit overwhelming to suddenly serve a crowd of people so early in the morning. Even after the initial wave, a steady stream of customers kept feeding inside. Hyunjin managed one of the cashiers and greeted every customer with a cheery aeong. There were even a few people that recognized her from when she passed out flyers on campus. Most of them would say, "Ah, you're that aeong girl!" Others would remember her as the weird, beautiful girl that must be a furry.

 

Hyunjin was able to keep up with the fast-paced work easily. Her hands skillfully handled payments and inputting orders in, even the complex ones that seemed more like a monologue when a customer ordered. All the busy work managed to keep her mind off the one thing she was looking forward to. It was like she was on autopilot, repeating the same sequence over and over, that is until she noticed she was receiving a blatant amount of compliments back to back. From faces that stared at her in awe from her elegant beauty. To cheeks that would burn whenever her fingertips brush against the other as they hand over their money. To eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter