Red Peach

Kitten Fever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The walk back to her shared apartment went by in a blur. Hyunjin was lost in a haze, thinking of the cute longboarder earlier from that day. She didn't even realize she made it back home until the front door flew open into her face. Luckily for Hyunjin, she had cat-like reflexes and easily caught the door, protecting her graceful facial features. Jiwoo gasped when the door suddenly stopped, then realizing she almost decked their youngest roommate in the face.

 

"Oh, my God! I'm so sorry, Hyunjin." The redhead's eyes scattered all over the younger girl making sure she was uninjured.

 

Hyunjin shrugged it off, "There's nothing to worry about, no one got hurt."

 

The older girl sighed in relief, but as soon as she walked past Hyunjin, she noticed the massive bruise on her leg. "Hyun! What happened here?!" Her mind instantly went into overdrive, thinking of the worse possibility that her dear friend was being harassed or even bullied. "Do I need to beat someone up! Did they threaten you to keep quiet?! Remember, I have a black belt in taekwondo, I'll kick their , Hyun!" Jiwoo puts up her fists and, in one swift motion, raises her left leg and strikes the air with three lightning speed kicks, demonstrating her martial arts.

 

It was quite the sight to see Jiwoo, the most adorable and cheerful girl you could possibly meet, threatening and giving someone a beating. Even after witnessing her flawless swift kicks somehow made it that much more humorous to the younger girl. Hyunjin didn't think Jiwoo would be able to harm a fly, but she knew just how reliable and strong the redhead was despite her adorable demeanor. 

 

With a smile still plastered on her face, Hyunjin immediately started to reassure Jiwoo that nothing of the sort was happening. "I am happy to hear you have my back, but it's nothing like that, really. Someone wasn't paying attention while they were longboarding on campus, and I was the unfortunate bystander in the way." 

 

Hyunjin deliberately left out how she was crushing on the same girl that ran her over. She knew Jiwoo would make a huge ordeal about it, and if that happened, Jinsoul would be someone who would make it ten times worse, like an overbearing mother. Hyunjin would like to introduce the longboarder as her girlfriend, or at least that was her hopeful wish if they even got to see each other ever again. She mentally beat herself up for not getting her number.

 

It didn't help that Hyunjin didn't even know her crush's name. How did she have the capacity to take the girl's lollipop from , yet not introduce herself and get that beautiful girl's name? Hyunjin's mind immediately recalled the bright pink blush that dusted across the longboarder's face. How her beauty marks that dotted her right cheek and another by her left eye. Her moles seemed to be placed there by Lesbian Jesus herself to make sure that the mystery girl was the most beautiful human specimen ever to be created. Oh, how she regrets not getting her name and let fate take the wheel to see if they would meet again.

 

The younger girl breathed out a reluctant sigh as she stared at the candy treat she stole from her crush. It was the only thing she was left with after their fateful encounter.

 

Jiwoo's face scrunched up in confusion. She followed the direction Hyunjin's eyes pointed towards, only to find an almost eaten lollipop, the redhead was left in more perplexion. "What is that look, Hyun?"

 

No response from the latter and Jiwoo waved her hand in front of her friend's face to break her trance. "Helloooo, Earth to Hyunjin?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"Don't 'huh' me. Your mind suddenly just left your body to another planet!" Jiwoo has never seen Hyunjin this struck before...perhaps even love-struck! The older girl released a small gasp.

 

Excited by her theory, she didn't beat around the bush. "Is it a girl? Omo, do you have a crush?!"

 

Curse Jiwoo and her intuition, maybe this is why she is the romantic one in the group. Instead, Hyunjin decided to turn the question on her. "So did that Jung-person reply back?"

 

The sudden question made Jiwoo completely forget about Hyunjin's potential endeavor for love and grew ecstatic about her own development. "Oh, Hyun! You will never guess what happened! We texted for hours after that embarrassing text you sent, and I am actually going on a date to meet her now!"

 

Jiwoo's eyes grew wide and looked at her watch. "Omo! I'm late!" She rushed off their porch and started running as she frantically waved her roommate farewell. 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

For someone as outgoing and cute as Jiwoo, many would suspect that she has gone on many dates or have many potential suitors, but that would not be the case. Despite her bubbly outgoing personality, she was timid around pretty girls and would instantly turn into a panicked gay mess. It was common for her to make a fool out of herself, and things would either go horribly wrong for her, making the latter laugh at her and become uninterested. Or, the other girl would miraculously think Jiwoo was cute, which didn't happen very often. But Jiwoo was in boisterous joy that Jungeun was one of the few that found her misfortune adorable.

 

Did it make Jiwoo seem desperate that she eagerly latched onto the idea of dating Jungeun with the knowledge that the blonde was a playgirl? Maybe just a bit. But she was willing to take the chance, and just like every girl, was there anyone that could resist Jungeun if she wanted to go out with you? On a positive note, unlike Sooyoung and Heejin, Jungeun reportedly would get into relationships instead of just having girls as her playthings. It's just that Jungeun seemed to get bored pretty fast, so relationships never seem to last. But who knows, maybe it was reckless to think this way, but perhaps Jiwoo would be the special girl to last more than a few weeks with Jungeun. The redhead was willing to take that chance even if her heart was going to be shattered. 

 

Jiwoo wanted everything to go perfect with Jungeun, a reason why she waited on texting Jungeun, at least she was lucky enough for the blonde to like Hyunjin's meddling text. Everything afterward was smooth sailing, until now. The redhead was late for her date, and she had been preparing days in advance for it. Planning several outfits based on the weather and where their first date would be. Making sure to clear out her schedule to ensure no intrusions would interrupt her date. She even finished her paper and project ahead of time just for this date. It was a simple first date at a boba place near campus, but things never went as planned, and now she was running twenty minutes late. She prayed that Jungeun hadn't waited too long for her.

 

She did her best to clear her mind and not stress over every little thing that went wrong. Like how she would most likely meet up with Jungeun all sweaty from running, or how her bangs may be frazzled and frayed from the heat and humidity in the air. Ugh, did she have a chance with the Kim Jungeun? The blonde was famous around campus, and she was absolutely stunning. She could have any girl she wanted. Not to mention she was an all-star swimmer for their university. Jiwoo, well, she was just Jiwoo, practically a nobody among the thousands of students at their college. 

 

Her negative thoughts and self-doubt were starting to bring her down. Maybe she should make an excuse that she wasn't feeling well and call off the date? But once she saw Jungeun's beaming smile, all her thoughts melted and washed away. Oh gosh, she was whipped for sure.

 

The blonde approached her with a broad smile, giving the redhead a heart-fluttering embrace as if they held each other on a routine basis. Oh, how she wanted to melt right into her arms and call it her new home. "Hey you," Jungeun greeted, giving her a gentle squeeze before releasing the redhead. "I was starting to think that you stood me up."

 

Jiwoo's eyes shook in awe, and her heart hammered in her chest. Was it possible to fall in love so fast? She still couldn't believe she was on a date with Jungeun. This had to be all her imagination, right? And wow, Jungeun is the definition of beauty. She is literally perfection.

 

Even though Jungeun's outfit was rather simple, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter