Love Front

Kitten Fever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sooyoung stirred awake from her slumber by the morning rays creeping through the window blinds, splashing over her face. Jungeun's home was always much too bright in the morning, as she usually slept early, and having a bright room assisted her to wake up early as well. It was impossible for anyone to sleep in because of the sunny room. Well, maybe except for one person. 

 

The older girl tried to peel herself off from the couch only to find herself wrapped in Heejin's small arms. If anyone could sleep the day away, it would be the younger girl. Sooyoung found the sleeping maknae adorable. Whenever Heejin sleeps, her cheeks puff out and her lips subconsciously pout. Her soft snores are reminiscent of a snoring bunny. She's even cute when her drool was soaking onto Sooyoung's chest— Ok, maybe she isn't so cute anymore. The older girl slipped out from the drooling girl, disgusted by the amount of saliva pooled onto her chest. Next movie night, Jungeun can be Heejin's drool pillow.

 

Sooyoung checked her phone for the time and suddenly rushed to strip from her pj's to get ready for the day. It was already 9am and Sooyoung missed her 8am class, not like she cared for that because being late wasn't the issue here. There was another reason the older girl had a strong motivation to get ready. 

 

Stumbling out of the apartment while putting shoes on and almost falling down two flights of stairs may scare others to slow down, but Sooyoung didn't bat an eye from her near-death experience. She continued to skip down the steps as soon as she was able to slam her heel into the shoe. She checked her phone once more, clicking her tongue at herself. She'll barely make it in time.

 

"Jinzol, your hot americano is ready!"

 

After waiting for what seemed like an eternity, an eternity of 15 minutes, Jinsoul's coffee was finally finished. She flashed a smile at the student employee and spun around to exit the cafe. The blonde grimaced at her misspelled name, she swears every Starbucks must only hire people that can't spell to save their life, or they do it on purpose to trigger people, so they share it on social media as free advertising...Perhaps they should do the same thing for Aeong Cafe.

 

Jinsoul was lost in her thoughts and realized she was outside, long gone from the campus coffee shop. It wasn't because she was outside she was surprised, but the fact that the blonde has been left unbothered by a certain so- Oh, nevermind, there she is.

 

The blonde spotted a tall brunette cooly leaning against a tree with her arm loosely draped over another girl's hips. The brunette's hair was oddly disheveled compared to her usual graceful and prim appearance, probably because that girl spent the night at another's. Jinsoul let out a heavy sigh, her last hope escaping from , thinking she would be able to walk to class in peace for once.

 

It wasn't hard to spot the blonde beauty from a mile away. The golden hair blindingly shimmered from the beaming sun, like a beacon signaling; I'm here, Sooyoung! Take me!, and Sooyoung tried her luck almost every morning with the girl. It's been about three months since Sooyoung started courting the blonde. She was a tough cookie to crack, the blonde never had an opening and hasn't seemed to fall for any of Sooyoung's tricks and charms. The brunette loved the challenge; most girls fell right into her arms, making it too easy and sometimes even dull.

 

Sooyoung wasn't sure what it was about the blonde, but she never felt so captivated by anyone other than Jinsoul. She was in awe when she first laid eyes on her, Sooyoung needed to satisfy her curiosity. Thoughts of Jinsoul consumed her mind, at least the times when she let her mind wander, which frequently happened, even when she was with some random girl. 

 

She loved the slight slur in Jinsoul's slow speech and, even more, loved the grit in her voice whenever she got angry or frustrated. It was hot. To make things clear, love as in: 'Oh, I love this outfit' like the type of love when you comment on how you love food or how you love a song. NEVER 'I love you' and especially not 'I'm in love with you,' like the love that is used in all those sappy dramas and romance stories. That kind of love doesn't exist in the real world; it was fictitious and created by idealists. Life isn't like those animated Disney movies Heejin loved so much.

 

These warm and fluttery feelings Sooyoung experienced were always to be believed as a fleeting emotion. She would get them occasionally with girls she's interested in, but just like it appears, it quickly vanishes once Sooyoung gets what she wants and drops them as if they were nothing. But her feelings for Jinsoul seem to grow stronger and happen to linger a lot longer than usual. Perhaps it was because the blonde never gave in to Sooyoung's temptations. Yeah, that must be it. Sooyoung convinces herself that chest tightening sensation will go away when she has her way.

 

Sooyoung brushed away the girl she was momentarily flirting with, creating an excuse she needed to meet with someone, which wasn't a whole lie. The girl pouted when Sooyoung walked away but soon squealed in happiness after receiving a quick peck on the lips and signal to call her later. 

 

The brunette ignored the butterflies in her stomach when the blonde looked her way. Sooyoung straightened up her jacket and hoped her hair wasn't a complete mess. She proceeded to walk with her hips swaying as she approached Jinsoul.

 

The blonde groaned to herself, seeing the overconfident brunette strutting her way towards her. "And here I thought you finally gave up." A disappointed and flat tone came out of Jinsoul.

 

Sooyoung brightly smiled, revealing her bunny teeth and adding a playful tone in her voice. "Hm, I don't recall ever saying that I would do that, but I do seem to clearly remember making you mine someday."

 

Rolling her eyes, Jinsoul quickens her pace to her next class. "You know if you are trying to get a girl, kissing another doesn't help."

 

The brunette fake gasped. "Oh, you saw that I didn't think you would notice." She ran up in front of the blonde, walking backward to keep their eye contact. "Are you jealous?" "Tilting her head innocently.

 

Jinsoul grumbled under her breath. "Do you ever think about anything other than getting with girls?"

 

"I think about you—"

 

Jinsoul raises her eyebrows. Was that supposed to mean something? It was odd, as much as Jinsoul hated how persistent Sooyoung was, it was flattering that the older girl kept trying even after getting rejected every time. It made her feel wanted and special that maybe Jinsoul would be something more than just another plaything to Sooyoung if she agreed to go out with her. 

 

Admitting the truth to the blonde was an obstacle Soooyong never thinks she could overcome. She wants to pour out these new feelings she is experiencing because of Jinsoul. Wait. What? No. Sooyoung had to remind herself that these lingering emotions were only temporary.

 

So she lies, mainly to herself. "I think about you in my bed," she continues, casting a fake smirk over her lips, but internally cringing at her answer that buries the truth.

 

"God, you're so abhorrent." Jinsoul rolls her eyes. Of course, how could she expect Sooyoung could possess a heart to love? All Sooyoung cared about was using people for physical gratification. 

 

"You wouldn't be saying that under the sheets." Sooyoung winked with a fabricated smile to maintain her overly flirtatious facade.

 

For whatever reason, Jinsoul was hopeful that Sooyoung would sway from her playgirl ways, and seeing how there has been no change since they met, she was fed up with Sooyoung's constant pestering. The blonde knew asking the brunette to leave her alone would amount to nothing; she had to go about this to satisfy Sooyoung's interest. "How about this, let's make a wager."

 

Raising her eyebrows in surprise, Sooyoung was delighted that something different and eventful was going to occur with the blonde. "You have my attention now."

 

"I'll take you on a drinking contest. If you pass out drunk first, you have to leave me alone. If you win, fine, I'll go on ONE date with you. Nothing more. We will have a nice dinner and chat. There will be no one-night stands or going back to anyone's bed." Jinsoul nodded to herself, she was pretty confident in her drinking ability. She knew Sooyoung wouldn't say no to something she had a chance to win, which is why Jinsoul took it upon herself to pick what the winner was awarded. Just in case.

 

Drinking contest? Sooyoung grinned from ear to ear. She had this in the bag. She hits the bars and clubs as a regular, so her tolerance for alcohol is high. There was only one thing about the wager she was unhappy about. "Hmm, I think it's a bit unfair you get to make all the condi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter