Chapter 8

Sunset Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yuri! Yuri!" Yuri heard her name and open her eyes slowly to find Siwon look so anxious infront of her.

"Oppa! What is it?"

"Your father! your father he's-"

"What's going on? Calme down and tell me."

"He's getting arrest."

"What??? What are you talking about Oppa? Why is he getting arrest?"

"I'll explain on our way. Come on! Let's go!" Siwon said and drag Yuri out of bed.

"Where are we going?"

"To see your father. Come on hurry up!"

Yuri tried to get up, but the moment she got on her feet, her world seems to become upside down. Everything around her start spinning around and that was the last thing Yuri could remember.

She was rush to the ER right away. Siwon is pacing back and force infront of the Emergency Room while waiting for the doctor to come out.

"Hello! Yes Appa I'm still at the hospital. Please let Chairman Kwon know that Yuri is fine and tell him not to worry. I'll bring her to see him once she gets better. Thank you." Siwon talked to his father.

Once he hung up, he saw his sister and her friends coming toward him.

"Oppa! Is Yuri okay?" Sooyoung asked worrily.

"She's still in there. We still have to wait." Right then, the doctor came out.

"Are you Kwon Yuri's family?" the doctor asked.

Yuri doesn't have other family other than her father. Siwon and Sooyoung is the closest to her because Sooyoung's father is Mr Kwon's lawyer and also the director of the Kwon empire.

"Yes I am. Is she okay?" Siwon answered.

"She has severe malnurtrition. She will need a lot of rest and start eating properly. For now she's ok, but she will have to stay at least one week in the hospital. So please go and fill out the formulaire at the front desk, and we will transfer her to patient's room.

"Yes thank you do much doctor." Siwon bow politely and doctor bow back and left.

"Oppa, you should go and see Mr Kwon, we will stay here until Yuri wake up." Sooyoung said and all her friends agreed.

"Ok. I will go and fill out the paper work. You guys should go and have some coffee while waiting. I'll text you the room number after I'm done."

"Okay thank you Oppa!"

*

Los Angeles, California

"Yoona?"

"Dae! Grandma."

"Come here! I have something to tell you."

"Nae. What is it grandma?"

"How's your first day back to school?"

"Well, It's ok. I need to wait for taking the exam, and apply for university right away."

"Will you be ok for the exam?"

"I guess I will. Teacher had given me a lot of paper for preparation. I'll have to spend a lot of time in the library until the exam day."

"Well, umm about that, actually you could move back to your house Yoona-ah. It's closer to school, it will be easier for you."

"Dae? But why? Am I bothering you?"

"No no no. It's not like that. The truth is, your mother is coming back here. She's on her way. I think she will be here this evening."

"What? You mean she's coming back to as coming on a business trip? You know, I don't want to see her right?"

"Yoona-ah, stop being mad at your mother. She did everything because she care about your future. It may be wrong, but there are no mother in the world that want something bad for their children. And she's not here on business trip. She's moving back to LA. She just called off the wedding."

"What? This is ridiculous. We were fighting because of her stubborness to marry Yuri's father, and now you tell me that she's calling that off after broke me and Yuri apart?"

"Appearently it's not working out."

"Something is not right grandma. Please excuse me for a moment." Yoona said and take out her phone to look up the news in South Korea.

Kwon's Empire under crisis!

Kwon's Empire's Chairman under arreste for suspicious tax evasion!

Yoona didn't have to read further to understand the situation.

"I see why she's coming back. Grandma please let her know that I'll be moving in the dorm. I need time to focus on school and I don't need anyone to bother me for the time being. I'm going to talk to the dean tomorrow. Now please excuse me, I need to go back to my homework." Yoona said and get back to her room, leaving her grandma sighing heavily.

Once Yoona got inside her room, she tired to contact Sooyoung through messenger.

"Hey Yoona! How are you?"

"I'm good thank you Sooyoung. I have something to ask you."

"I guess you saw the news."

"Yeah I just saw it. Is Yuri okay?"

"Oh uhhh ummm actually Yuri is in the hospital."

"Oh my god! How is she? Is it serious?" Yoona swear she would fly back right away to see Yuri, but she couldn't. Her passport was taken away to prevent her from escaping and in exchange she has the freedom to use her phone and her laptop.

"She's still not wake up yet. She hasn't eat anything ever since you left and I guess the news about her father isn't helping. She fainted while Siwon Oppa was taking her to her dad. Now we are at the hospital waiting for her to wake up."

"Umm Sooyoung can you do me a favor and call me once she wake up?"

"Yes sure! I'll do that."

Once Yoona hung up from Sooyoung, she start calling her private investigator. Yoona secretly hired a PI to find Yuri's mother with the saving she had outside of the bank from her pocket money and her every birthday gift. She can't use her credit card because her mother will know about it.

"Hello! Do you have any news?"

"Hello Miss Im, I'm sorry! I'm working on it. I'll let you know once I have any new lead."

"Okay! Thank you." Yoona hung up with disappointement.

She was hoping that she could at least find Yuri's mother and maybe there are hope that she could finally reunite with Yuri and bring her to LA.


*

SEOUL:

"Soo!" Yuri said as low as a whisper, but since everyone is asleep, Sooyoung could easily hear her.

"Yul! You're awake." With Sooyoung's excitement, everyone wakes up and rush toward Yuri's bed.

"Yul!!! Thank god, you are okay." Tiffany the most dramatic one start crying.

"Come on Tiffany! Stop being so dramatic." Jessica said sarcastically.

"Shut up! I'm worry about my best friend okay?"

"Hey! Stop fighting you two, or I'll kick you both out of the room." Hyoyeon the scariest one said.

"I'm fine guys. Stop fighting." Yuri said and smile softly at her caring bestfriend. And Tiffany the clingy one start hugging her friend.

"I'm glad you are okay unnie. Here drink this. I'll call the nurse." Seohyun said and hand Yuri a glass of water.

"Thank you Seo."

Once the nurse arrive, she asked everyone to wait outside.

"Guys you should go back home now that she's fine. I'll stay over with her tonight." Sooyoung suggest.

"Yeah I think we all should go back home and only one person should stay because Yuri need to rest anyway." Taeyeon said.

They all agreed and wait till the nurse leave before saying good bye to Yuri. Once they all said good bye to Yuri, they left Sooyoung and Yuri alone.

"You okay buddy?" Sooyoung carefully ask once everyone left.

Yuri just stare blankly at the window and look out the night sky.

"Actually, No. I'm not fine. I will never be fine again."

"Is it because of Yoona?" Sooyoung said that name and it's just so easy to get Yuri's attention.

"I don't think my life will ever be back to normal again without her." Yuri said.

Sooyoung thinks for a moment before walking outside and let Yuri go back to staring at the night sky. She didn't know if she should call Yoona right now. It's 4am in LA, but then she remember that Yoona ask her to call once Yuri wakes up and seeing Yuri's condition, She thinks that this might help her friend getting her strenght back.

Sooyoung start calling and it didn't take a second ring for Yoona to pick up her call.

"Sooyoung? Is Yuri awake?" That the first thing Sooyoung heard once Yoona pick up, she can't help but smile. Sooyoung switch the call to video call instead.

"Hey Yoona! Yuri's awake. I will let you guys talk, but I need to ask you a favor. Yuri actually suffer from malnutrition and she need to start eating and drinking a lot of fluid and have a lot of rest. And I think that you are the only person who could make her do it, so..."

"I know what I need to do. Thank you so much Sooyoung." Yoona said understandingly. Sooyoung smile knowingly and open the door to get back inside Yuri's room.

"Yul!"

"Yeah." Yuri answer without looking at Sooyoung.

"Someone wants to talk to you."

"I'm not in the mood to talk right now Soo."

"Really? Not even to me?" Yoona said and it gets Yuri's 100% attention.

"Yoong?" Yuri sit up quickly and Sooyoung hands her the phone.

"Here take it. i'll go and ask the nurse to bring you some food." Sooyoung said.

"Thank you Soo." Yuri said thankfully.

Once Sooyoung left, Yuri started talking again. She tried hard to hold back her tear and it was the same for Yoona.

"You-"

"You-"

They said at the same time.

"You go first!" Yoona said chuckling.

"You okay there?"

"Are you seriously asking me this question right now Kwon Yuri? Look who's laying on the hospital bed right now?"

"I miss you." And there Yuri broke down and let her tear fall freely.

"Don't cry." Yoona said, but she couldn't hold back her tear anymore. "I miss you more, and I'm fine here. And you should try to be the same. Why did you starve yourself and fell sick like that?"

"I just couldn't eat anything. I can't do anything. All I could think about is you."

"Do you love me Yul?"

"What are you talking about? Of course I love you."

"Then promise me that you will eat and gain your strenght back."

"Okay! I promise."

"So about you dad. Is he okay?"

"I'm not sure. I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter