Chapter 7

Sunset Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri's Pov:

I woke up when I feel sunlight hit my eyes. I slowly open my eyes to find her smiling lovingly at me.

"Sorry I woke you up. Today the weather is so good so I open the curtain." Yoona said and came back to bed and lay her head on my chest.

"It's okay. Waking up next to you is the best thing ever." I said and kiss her forehead. She looks at me and smile again.

"The sound of your heart beat is the best thing in the world." Yoona said as she still look at me.

I look back at her and I couldn't stop smiling. I never thought that I could find anyone who could love me the way she does. I don't think I could ever live if she is not next to me. I don't think I could ever live without her. That's why I have to do whatever it takes to have her by my side because she is the best thing that ever happen in my life.

"I love you Im Yoona."

"I love you too Kwon Yuri."

*

Author's pov:

Yuri get ready to leave to meet with her father for their bet.

"You sure you don't want me to come?" Yoona asked.

"I don't want you to see me fight against my father. I don't want to worry you."

"But I want to be there and support you."

"No babe. I'll call you once I'm done."

"Okay then. I'll go home and face my mom. I bet she's waiting to punish me about my behavior last night."

"Will you be okay by yourself?"

"I'm gonna be fine Yul. Don't worry. You take care of yourself, and promise me you won't hurt yourself."

"I promise." Yuri said and Yoona kiss her lips and let her leave.

*

The Kwon's resident:

Yoona walk inside the house and just like she predicted, her mother is in the living room waiting for her.

"Good morning Omma!"

"Oh! So you finally come home huh?"

"I didn't say that I'm not coming back. I just have to take care of Yuri."

"How many time do I have to tell you that it will never work out between you two? You really leave me with no choice Yoona. I don't think I could keep it from her father anymore. You two has cross over the line here. Your fiancé is here now and you rudely left the dinner without even saying good bye. I never teach you to grow up that way. You used to be so polite and obedient , what is wrong with my daughter? Is it because of Kwon Yuri? Is falling in love with her making you take after her rudeness too?"

"STOP IT!" Yoona yelled " You can say all the bad thing to me, but don't you ever say those kind of thing about Yuri. You have no right to say all that. You are not her mother."

"I will be soon. And how dare you yell at me Im Yoona?"

"Even if you marry her father, that doesn't mean that she will accept you as her mother."

"She doesn't have a choice. Just like how she will become your sister. What is she thinking? Does she think that she could win over her father? Well she could try, but nothing is gonna change."

"I never want to go against you, but you really push me to do it."

"What are you gonna do? what can you kids do to win over your parents anyway?"

"You'll see!" Yoona said and walk out of the house.

She walk toward the front door and call a driver.

"Bring me to Yuri!" Yoona told the driver.


*

Yuri and Mr Kwon has started their fight, but both of them refuse to lose. Mr Kwon is not going easy on her even though he wants Yuri to win this fight. He never want to adopt Yoona, but he didn't want Yuri to get her way easily.

"So tell me! Why didn't you want Yoona to become your real sister anyway?"

"Why do you care? Can't we just focus here?"

"Alright!!!"

They continue their fight, and Yuri successfully throw her father down and she was suppose to win, but Mr Kwon didn't give up that easily as he grab Yuri's head and put his arm around her neck.

"Argg.. You already lost. That is cheating." Yuri yelled.

"Who care? Those who give up is the loser."

He keeps suffocating her, but Yuri didn't give up. She tried to stay strong.

"STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!" Yoona screamed out once she arrived.

Mr Kwon stopped, but Yuri already passed out. Yoona rush toward Yuri.

"Yul!! Yul!!" Yoona tried to wake her up,but no response. she started crying.

"She won't die." Mr Kwon said.

"I'll take her to the medical room." Siwon who ran toward them said.

"Please take care of her. I'll be there soon." Yoona said thankfully toward Siwon.

"So what bring you here Yoona?"

"How could you do this to your only daughter?"

"Well she's not going to be the only daughter anymore. You will become my daughter too."

"That is not going to happen. I saw Yuri win the fight."

"How did she win? Didn't she just passed out and send away? The one who still standing is the winner."

"You are never going to accept your defeat, are you? I don't know about what you are planning. I'm never going to sign the adoption paper. You can tell my mom that I decline your offer and please stop hurting Yuri. She is your blood related daughter for god sake." Yoona said and walk out without hearing Mr Kwon reply.

Mr Kwon just stood there and laugh.

"Well thank to your endless love for each other, things are easier to handle."

"What are you going to do next sir? are you going to let them be together?" Mr Kwon's secretary said as he handed him the towel.

"For now, Let them be."

"Yes sir!"


*

Infirmery:

*cough* *cough*

"Yul!"

"Hey! you're here." Yuri faintly said.

"You okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." Yuri said and Yoona hit her chest lightly. "Ouch!!"

"You idiot! What did you promise me this morning?" Yoona started crying.

"Hey baby! I'm sorry! I don't want to lose but..."

"You didn't lose. You won Yul. I saw it. Your father will never accept his defeat. There is no point fighting against him."

"Is he going to go on with the adoption?"

"No! Don't worry about it. It won't happen. Now stop thinking about it. I'll take you home so you could rest."

"Okay."

Yoona call the driver and take Yuri home. They reach home and Mrs Im is still there waiting for Yoona.

"Yoona! I need to talk to you."

"Can you go to your room first? I'll join you later." Yoona ask Yuri.

"Will you be okay?"

"Yes I will." Yoona said and Yuri nodded and go to her room.

"She didn't even say hello anymore. How rude is that?" Mrs Im said.

"That's because she has lost her respect toward you."

"And even my own daughter has becoming like her too."

"Please get to the point."

"How dare you tell Yuri appa that you won't sign the paper?"

"I am 18 years old. I have my right do decide to sign it or not. whether you get married to him or not, it's none of my concern. I have no idea who my dad is, but I am sure he is not my father, it's normal I don't want to call him dad." Yoona said and Mrs Im was about to slap her, but Yoona grab her arm to stop her. "You already did that once, it was enough. I'm not gonna let you do whatever you want with my life anymore. You used to be my priority, but now that has change. It's Yuri now."

"We will see about that Yoona. You are still my daughter, don't ever forget that." Mrs Im said but Yoona didn't reply and she just left to find Yuri.

*

The next day:

Yoona woke up and it was 4am. She slowly get off the bed not to wake Yuri up. She get out of Yuri's room and get inside her room and start dialing her phone.

"Yeoboseyo! Grandma! How have you been?"

"I'm good Yoona-ah. How about you? Is everything ok over there? Can you adapt with school?"

"That's the reason I call grandma. I need your help."

"Tell me!"

"I want you to stop my mom from marrying me off to Oh Sehun."

"I heard about the engagement. I was suppose to be there and join the engagement party. Your mom told me you agree with the wedding."

"I didn't. She force me to. I don't have a choice. She threaten me."

"With what?"

"Grandma. It's a long story. But the thing is that I don't love Sehun. He's just a friend. I don't want to marry him."

"Yoona, if you want my help, You have to tell me everything."

"Can I tell you once you are here grandma?"

"I'll try to be there as soon as I could."

"Thank you Grandma. See you soon!"

"Take care Yoona-ah."

"Nae!"

Yoona hung up and go back to Yuri's room. She get back in bed slowly not to wake Yuri up. She wrap her arms around Yuri's and pull her closer. Yuri stir awake, but cuddle closer to Yoona enjoy the warm that the younger girl gave her.

"Yoong?"

"Hmm?"

"where did you go?" Yuri asked with her eyes still close.

"I went to bathroom."

"You can't sleep?" Yuri slowly open her eyes to look at her girlfriend.

"Umm... You should go back to sleep." Yoona patted lightly on Yuri's shoulder.

Yuri didn't listen to Yoona. She put her hand on Yoona's cheek and caressing it lovingly.

"I love you." Yuri said making Yoona smile lovingly at her.

"I know."

"Don't you love me?"

"I do."

"Why didn't you say it?"

"I love you too babe."

Yoona said and Yuri chuckle happily. It's 5 in the morning, and instead of sleeping, the two end up chuckling at each other joke.

"Do you want to go jogging?" Yuri suggest because they didn't seems to be sleepy anymore.

"Let's go!"

*

The two joggin around inside the Kwon's resident. After jogging, they sat down on one of the bench in their garden. Yoona hesitantly start talking, she was scared that Yuri might not be ready to hear what she's going to say. But she didn't want to hide anything from Yuri anymore.

"Yul?" From the serious tone in Yoona's voice makes Yuri feel nervous.

"Yes Yoong?"

"I'm calling for help."

"Help? From who?"

"My grandma."

"Oh... what is she going to do?"

"I don't know. She said she will come and I have to tell her everything before she decide about what to do."

"Ok."

"The thing is, she will be ok for me not to marry Sehun, but about our relationship, I don't know what she will react to that."

"Yoona!"

"Hmm?"

"L-let just come out of our shell. Let's just tell them that we love each other. I don't want to live like this anymore. I love you. I don't care what they think anymore. If my father hates me and kick me out, then so be it if it mean I could be with you."

"But how are you going to live Yuri? You can't be reckless about it."

"I have friends Yoona."

"But it's not easy. I can't risk you losing everything because of me."

"Please believe in me. We can do it. I believe in our love." Yuri tried to convince and after a long silent, Yoona gives in.

"Fine. We will tell them the truth, but let's wait until my grandma is here."

"Okay!"

"Let go and get ready for school." Yuri said and pull Yoona up and get in the house with her.

*

Yuri had class with Yoona today, they walk happily close to each other to their class. They found Sooyoung and Taeyeon in the same class too.

"Hey guys!" Sooyoung greeted.

"Hey Soo and Tae! Where are the other?" Yuri asked while Yoona just wave at them and sat down on her seat.

"They have different class today. Seo suppose to be here, but I didn't see her yet." Taeyeon replied

"It's weird. She never late." Sooyoung said.

"Don't worry. The uptight Seo, will never missed class." Yuri joked and they all chuckle.


*

Seohyun was running errand for her teacher and she bring the document back to the administration, but then she bump into a guy on her way.

"You okay?" Seohyun politely ask.

"Oh I'm fine. Thank you." The guys said and help Seohyun pick up the book scattered on the ground. "Here!"

"Thanks. Are you new? I never see you before."

"Umm yes. It's my first day. I'm looking for the Administration office."

"Oh! I'm on my way there. You can come with me."

The two become fast friends. It's not typical Seohyun, but Sehun seems to make her feel comfortable to be around.

*

A few days later:

Sehun transfer school to be close to Yoona, but end up getting closer to Seohyun instead. He didn't mind it though. Seohyun help him with his study anyway. They hang out in the library most of the time. He enjoys his time getting to know her, he even forget that he was suppose to get closer to Yoona.

"Sehun!" Yoona called him as she approched him in
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter