Chapter 2

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the encounter with Mark and Jinyoung, Jennie, Yugyeom, and Bambam went to check out their schedule, they got notified that it was updated and available on the student's board on the hallway of their department.

As they checked out their schedule, they found out that their classes for that day were canceled except for one class within three hours; they groaned in annoyance that they had to wait three hours for only one class.

"This isn't ing fair I'm out, I won't wait," Bambam said

"Bam it's our first day, and its professor Kim class we can't just leave," Jennie said. Professor Kim had been teaching them since freshman year and he always took their first lecture seriously giving a bonus, hints about the final exams, and giving minus for absence.

"I don't care about him or getting minus, I won't wait!" Bambam said in annoyance.

Jennie was about to try her second attempt on convincing Bambam to stay, someone tapped her shoulder, she turned to find her colleague Sana giving her a polite smile before saying "Jennie, professor Kim is looking for you"

Jennie frowned, "ME? Are you sure? “She asked.

Sana nodded "Yes he asked me about your name after showing me your ID and wanted to meet you as soon as possible,"

Jennie got anxious to be called as she had been always hiding from Professor Kim because he was so strict and had a serious aura around him, she thought she hid well but not. She forced a smile on her lips to hide her anxiety and thanked Sana before turning to the guys saying, "Pray for me! I will go to see what he wants, Bambam thinks about staying, please! We can have dinner after it"

"No way!" Bambam said, arms crossed.

"Whatever I will go, bye!"Jennie said with a grumpy face as she left them to go to her professor.

She was nervous as hell, she did not understand why he wanted to meet her all she hoped for was not failing his classes, she found herself in front of his office, she took a deep breath as she nervously knocked on the door lightly, she heard him saying come in so she entered.

Professor Kim was wearing his famous dark green suit, eyes fixed on his laptop as she stepped closer.

"Professor Kim?" Jennie said in a very low voice to get his attention as she stood in front of his desk. He looked up to her with a serious look that made her shiver, "What can I do for you?" he asked with a frown.

Jennie was confused "my colleague Sana told me you wanted to see me," she said nervously as she saw him frowning then trying to recall the incident in his head, not seconds after his face changed into amusement "You are Jennie Kim?" he asked.

"Yes, sir" she answered.

"I can't believe it! I never thought you are Jennie Kim, I have always thought you aren't interested in my classes so knowing that you are the same person who answered all my questions on my final exams with perfect organized enjoyable answers especially the last two courses you enrolled with me made me surprised," Professor Kim said with enthusiasm that Jennie never saw before, she was surprised.

"T-thank you, Professor, it is an honor to get such a compliment from you it means so much to me," she said with a bow to show her gratitude.

“I should be the one thanking you for being an excellent student when I saw your ID on the image processing course student's list I thought it's time to know the mysterious excellent student of mine," He said with a chic smile

“You are the great one professor Kim thank you for teaching us diligently I'm so honored to hear your words and being your student," she said with a smile and another bow.

"Anyway, I want to offer you an opportunity of working as an intern in an international company IMG but you need to do extra work than other students and focus more on your class, we will take a step by step into the field till you get everything ready, also you need to submit a weekly report about your progress in the online course and reference I will send you via email, If you want the opportunity," Professor Kim said with a serious face, it was a surprise that he offered Jennie such an opportunity, she never thought he would be the kind of professor that would help his students that much, it was a great opportunity so she couldn't say no.

"Sure, Professor Kim it's an honor to do so, Thank you so much again," Jennie said with a smile.

"Okay, we will prepare to start from tomorrow, I'll send you the material via email so write your email here," he said pointing at the memo pad on his desk.

"Okay, Sir," Jennie said as she grabbed the pen and wrote down her email.

"Oh, by the way, Today's lecture is switched with tomorrow's tutorial please inform your colleagues, you have a new TA hope he is good," Professor Kim said.

Jennie nodded before asking for a leave. 'We can't have a tutorial before the lecture and that means we can just ask the TA for a free pass and leave' she thought with a smile as she messaged her department group with the news.

She also messaged Yugyeom and Bambam and asked them to meet her at the T.A office to ask for a free pass, then went there.

She arrived at the T. A office earlier so she waited for her friends in front of the office, she was checking twitter when the door opened as she looked up she found Rose smiling at her widely. Jennie smiled, throwing herself at Rose, hugging her as Rose hugged back.

"Unnieee!I miss you so much " Jennie said, still clinging into her.

“I miss you too, Jennie! How are you and the dorks? “Rose said as she broke the hug, trying to fix her hair and clothes.

“You would have known if you texted back!" Jennie said sulking, crossing her arms.

“I’m sorry it was hectic in America and we just arrived yesterday, we had no time to check our phones," Rose said with an apologetic smile.

"Okay, you are forgiven but you still need to treat us for Sushi next weekend," Jennie said with a grin

"You never change! But I will treat you for ignoring you and to celebrate me being T. A here with you “Rose replied ruffling Jennie's hair, Jennie looked at her ID pinned on Rose's Jacket before she jumped in ecstasy.

“Oh my god, that's why Mark Hyung said you are here today too! Congratulations Unnie I'm so happy for you," Jennie said, hugging her again.

“Thank you, Jennie," Rose replied

“Congratulations Rose Noona" Bambam and Yugyeom said with a smile

"Thank you, dorks, we gonna celebrate with Sushi in the weekend on me," She said

"Oh, I can't wait! I will bring my camera to vlog too" Bambam said excitingly

"Deal! What brings you here BTW?" Rose asked

"We will ask for a free pass for today's tutorial, Do you know who is our T.A for image processing?” Yugyeom asked

“Oh! It's Jinyoung I'm not sure if you can have a free pass but good luck, "Rose said, tapping Yugyeom's shoulder.

"Okay, we need to answer our messages and don't forget next week treat," Bambam said before all of them waved at her and entered the office, they said hi to their T. A's till they reached Jinyoung's desk.

Jinyoung was busy reviewing some papers and checking something on his laptop.

"Jinyoung Hyung?" Yugyeom said in a low voice to get his attention.

Jinyoung looked up. He looked like a lost child, his hair was a bit messy and Jennie tried to stop the urge to fix it.

"Yes, Yugyeom?" Jinyoung replied

"We just knew that we have Tutorial today instead of the lecture so since we took nothing to practice on we want to ask if we can skip today? ," Jennie said with a polite smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter