Chapter 10

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Jennie, I'm sure you know your TA Park Jinyoung. If you remember the internship opportunity, I offered you before. To be an intern, you should pass the test and two interviews. I will email you some research and technical tasks and here comes Mr. Park's role. Starting from today, he will be your supervisor." The professor spoke as Jinyoung and Jennie nodded, then left.

As soon as they stepped out of the professor's room Jinyoung said, "I thought you haven't picked a field yet, why are you applying for IMG Company?"

Jennie shrugged then turned to look at him with a grin, "Why missing the chance? Maybe I will like it?"

"You don't like missing chances, I see,"

"Where are we going?" Jennie asked when she noticed Jinyoung guiding her to somewhere that wasn't the class.

"Library, you need some books for your research," Jinyoung answered, glancing at Jennie's nod.

Jinyoung loved observing his surrounding while noticing the smallest details, the quick changes of facial expressions, and the voice tones of people.

He could read every one he met except Jennie. She was like an unsolved Rubik cube; everything she did was unexpected and new. Her expressions, her reactions, her way of thinking, even her tone making him always curious about her.

They reached the library without exchanging a word, which was confusing to him. All of her colleagues would grab every chance to talk or ask questions, even Yugyeom and BamBam. At first, he thought she was quiet, but after a while, he saw her being friendly with most of the TAs and juniors so he couldn't help but think that she despised him.

"Which section should we head to?" Jisoo asked, breaking Jinyoung's thoughts.

Jinyoung blinked twice then said, "Please follow me, You will need some image and signal processing and coding books, of course, to be honest, I think it's too much for you, are you sure you want to do it?"

Jennie looked hesitant as she gulped while thinking about it for a minute then shook her head in determination, "I'm sure, it’s just a new challenge," she said then requested, "Can you tell me the names of the books?"

“Sure," He said with a smile, amused by her determination. He put his hand inside his pocket and got a small piece of paper, giving it to her.

"I know the books, you can have this," He explained.

"Thank you, Jinyoung-SSI,"

They reached the section, it was in a quiet area at the end of the library away from students, whispers, and crowd.

The shelves were filled with dust, covering the books whether old or new. It was ignored section without frequent visitors, and Jennie could relate.

She rarely came to the library to borrow books, she usually enjoyed the quietness and the Internet to get her work done between classes.

Whenever they tried to touch a shelf or get a book, the book stands would creak. The whole section was old and needed maintenance.

Jennie successfully got two books from the list with multiple coughs from the dusty air.

'I need to get this done fast, before I die here,' she thought as her eyes scanned the shelves for the third book.

Coming across the third book's name; she let out a sigh of relief, tipping on her toes to get the book that was stuck between two heavy-looking books on the high self.

Focused on taking the book out she didn't notice the book stand the high creaking sound and slight movements from her force or Jinyoung's warnings voice.

It happened so fast. She suddenly found herself on the ground against the opposite bookshelves with Jinyoung on top of her, hugging her as the books fell over them.

Jennie's heart skipped a beat from the extreme closure, the fear of the situation, and feeling the fast heartbeats coming from Jinyoung's chest.

"Jinyoung-SSI, oh my God are you okay??!" she asked, shaking him when the books stopped falling, covering the ground.

Jinyoung hissed from the pain before meeting Jennie's eyes. He was feeling dizzy, eyes hazy, staring at her eyes down to her pink cheeks then the beauty mole above her lips before he passed out, falling on her shoulder.

Jennie's eyes went wide as she felt blood dripping on her hand from Jinyoung's head.

"Oh my God! JINYOUNG-SSI!"

_______________________________________

Jinyoung woke up with a headache blinding him. He tried to figure out his surroundings or remember what happened.

He was in the infirmary, lying on the bed with a bandage around his head. He looked down to see Jennie sleeping, her head against the cold wall.

'Cute,' he thought, eyes locked on her until Mark appeared, his shoulders heaved as he panted.

"Did you run here?" Jinyoung asked with an arched eyebrow.

Mark rolled his eyes, approaching him, then said, "You bastard! Jennie called me crying that you aren't waking up and I could not understand what happened to you! A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter