Chapter 8

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jennie, would you like to go out with me--"

Jennie chocked on her coffee, spitting some drops, ruining the important documents she just printed and her desk. Jaebum hurriedly snatched some tissues from the tissues box and cleaned the desk while patting her back.

"Oh my god! Did I startle you?" Jaebum asked as she waved off, coughing a bit before she calmed down.

"It's okay, Jaebum so what's up?" She asked unable o digest his first question as she put the stained document aside, busying herself with printing another copy.

"I was thinking of a coffee tasting partner and I thought maybe you can accompany me?"

"Coffee tasting?"

"Yeah, like tasting coffees from multiple cafes,"

"Well, Jaebum. I can't help you in differentiating between coffees because they kind of taste the same for me?"

"It's okay, just tell me what you think generally. I mean, if you are free tomorrow?" Jaebum asked nervously, hand on his neck, eyes looking down.

Jennie observed him, his question running on her mind. It was a simple invitation, yet a mix of excitement and confusion was invading her mind. Why now? Why her? She noticed that he was friendly and extroverted unlike how she thought of him, so why her? Wasn't enjoyable things should be done with his close friends or like his girlfriend? Why her? She was about to refuse, but something on her mind insisted to accept his invitation.

'Maybe, he wants us to get closer?' she thought.

"Sorry, you must be b-"

"No!! I mean, sure. I would love to try the coffee tasting?"

"Yeah! That's great! I will text you then? Text me your address I would take you" Jaebum excitedly offered. Jennie chuckled as she stopped from saying how cute he looked.

"Okay, Mr Coffee taster, are you going home now?" Jennie asked while grabbing the printed documents and her bag, ready to leave.

"Yes, are you? Let me take you home" Jaebum suggested, going to his desk to grab his stuff.

"No! It's okay. I called an Uber" Jennie politely rejected the car ride, frowning when she noticed Jaebum's disappointed face.

"All right, let's leave then?"

Jennie smiled as they left side by side with her stealing glance at him from time to time. It was weird how many years they had known each other yet never tried to get closer or at least friendlier until the past month. It was weird how she noticed his presence and very amusing to see sides of him she never thought it existed.

They reached the building's gate, Jaebum gently opening the door for Jennie. She smiled, getting out with him following behind her. The sound of rain caught their attention as they looked up at seeing it was raining heavily.

"Is that your Uber?" Jaebum asked, pointing at the parked car in front of the building. Jennie checked the application to confirm it was the same car she called.

"Yes, See you tomorrow" Jennie smiled as she was about to run to the car before Jaebum grabbing her hand pulling her back, almost to his chest. He took off his blazer and carefully put it on Jennie's head, his hands reached her messed up hair by the action that was covering her face, pushing them back behind Jennie's ears softly. Jennie froze, staring at Jaebum, heart melted by his soft touches that she never felt before. She shook her head like it would shake the feeling, putting a playful face as Jaebum's eyes finally met hers.

"Ooh, such a gentleman, Jaebum," She teased.

"And I can be your only gentleman" He flirted with a wink and flirty smile.

"Enough with the teasing! I need to go, thank you for this" She said pointing at the blazer that was covering her head, avoiding the flirty gesture.

__________________________________________________

"I'm glad that you are going for a date, finally!"

Jennie rolled her eyes on Lisa's comment. regretted telling her roommates she was going with Jaebum anywhere, cause they hadn't stopped teasing her for hours, assuming that they are going for a date unconvinced with her 'We are just friends'. She checked herself one final time in front of the mirror. She put simple make up to match her simple cozy outfit. She was wearing a white t-shirt tucked in a black skirt and long beige coat in case she felt cold.

Her phone buzzed, taking her attention. She held it quickly and rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter