Chapter 3

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Jaebum Im sent you a friend request'.

Jennie stared at the notification. She never thought the day of Jaebum being her friend would come, but here he was sending her a friend request.

She hesitantly clicked the accept button then checked his profile. He had a lot of cat posts, pictures with his mom, and some memes about his studies, Jennie chuckled at how cute he was.

A message from Jaebum made Jennie startled. She opened his message to see what he sent.

'Hey! I hope you didn't miss the class? I um you kind of forgot this' he sent with a picture of her notebook.

'I'm so sorry! I was in a hurry and didn't say a proper goodbye, but thank you for today! I forgot my notebook there haha leave it in the cafe and I will take it from Wonpil anytime' Jennie replied.

'It is okay, I enjoyed our talk today, about the notebook, what's my reward for saving it?' Jaebum replied.

'A reward? Come on, it's not that heavy!' Jennie replied.

'It is, and I treated you today, treat me back! ‘Jaebum texted back.

Jennie opened in disbelief. She remembered that she forgot to pay for her drinks and Jaebum did another thing for her.

'Oh my god, I'm so sorry! Let me treat you anytime you want T_T ' Jennie replied throwing herself in bed screaming in the pillow.

‘Sure, I will text you :)' Jaebum texted back again.

Jennie looked at the message and sent a smile emoji before closing her phone and slept.

"Good morning, Wonpil!" Jaebum greeted Wonpil once he entered the cafe with yellow tulips.

Wonpil smiled at his back as he took the flowers from him to put it on the vases.

"Morning to you too, Manager," Wonpil said.

"I told you to call me Jaebum!” Jaebum whined as he looked over the unopened Cafe to check that everything was ready and good.

"You are the manager though, How did your date go yesterday Jaebumiee؟," Wonpil said with a smirk making Jaebum turn to him flustrated.

"It wasn't a date! It was a simple talk! “Jaebum protested while making sure that the coffee machine was ready.

“Yeah, you sure ask random girls to have a simple talk with," Wonpil said sarcastically.

"Look it’s kind of complicated? Jennie isn't a random girl, I have known her for ages but some reasons, we didn't talk before so I felt the need to take a step and talk to her,"

"And how did your talk goes Jaebummie?"

"Gosh, can't you just call me Jaebum? Since our talk was better than expected she is cool something I have never expected,"

"Because?" Wonpil asked with a questioning look.

"She looked like she is a spoiled child during our family meetups, I got shocked seeing her in TAD and our talk yesterday proved that she is the cool, not annoying spoiled child at all," Jaebum said as he took a seat on the cafe bar in front of Wonpil.

“She is a great friend “Wonpil replied as he made sure that the cups were clean.

"This is her notebook, give it to her when she comes and tells me when she comes okay? I'm not the manager, I'm the medical student who loves this Cafe okay?" Jaebum said handing Jennie's notebook to Wonpil.

Wonpil looked curiously at the notebook then at Jaebum "Why are you hiding you being a manager from her?"

"We aren't close yet,"

"So you are planning to get close to her?" Wonpil asked with a smirk, Jaebum was surprised, he didn't know what made him talk to Jennie or send her a friend request, he even asked her for a treat, he unconsciously planned to get closer to her, he didn't know why.

"As a friend, A F-R-I-E-N-D" Jaebum said hoping Wonpil would just stop thinking of him and Jennie as a couple.

"As you wish man," Wonpil said before walking to the door and switching the closed sign to open.

“I can't believe you told the professor I have a boyfriend who I have a date this evening so you will meet him instead of me! Are you insane? “Rose yelled at Mark, She was furious, It was hard to understand Mark sometimes, She and he was known for being Tom & Jerry human version. Fate made them stuck together since freshman year, same classes, same grades, same scholarships, same job, and Rose couldn't say she hated it, she just found Mark unreasonable actions annoying.

" You are a girl! You can't meet that creepy professor at 9:30 PM alone!"

"You have been reminding me I'm a girl for 5 years and I know that and don't think it is anything I'm passionately doing,"

"It has! the world is dangerous, you can't accept anything" Mark argued back.

"I can protect myself well, Mark!"

"I don't trust it, Rose!"

"I don't care!"

"Can you guys stop bickering like a married couple for 5 minutes?" Jinyoung said as he took a sip of his American coffee. They were having a coffee break when Rose came to them yelling at Mark and knowing them both, Jinyoung knew they wouldn't stop soon.

"We are not a married couple!" Mark and Rose said at the same time.

"You will one day when you stop fighting and listen to each other" Jinyoung replied looking at them both. He chuckled seeing Mark's red ears and Rose blushed cheeks.

"Don't worry we won't stop fighting!" Rose said crossing her arms.

"Definitely!" Mark said.

"SURE, now SHUT UP so I can drink my coffee peacefully," Jinyoung said as he opened his phone while drinking his coffee with the other hand.

"Anyway, Jinyoungieeee" Rose called Jinyoung cutely as she sat in front of him.

"His name is Jinyoung, not Jinyoungiiee!" Mark protested.

"I can call him whatever I want, Mark!" Rose said, rolling her eyes.

"STOP FOR FIVE SECONDS!, What do you want, Rose?" Jinyoung said, looking up from his phone to Ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter