Chapter 1

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They said university days were the best days in your life, the days of youth, laughter, and joy, but Jennie never believed in that.

From Jennie's memories in the past 4 years in college, she faced nothing but stress, fatigue, group projects, and feeling out of place during her classes, The only thing that she might call it a good thing in the university era was her taking part in student activities.

As Jennie stepped out of the bus and into the sunlight, she held back a sigh and squinted up at the university gate in front of her 'I'm not ready for this again but I need to graduate' she thought, the colleagues surrounding her were rushing in, the sun was strong even tho it was so early in the morning and the birds were also loud and that made her a bit annoyed but stepped in the university, nonetheless.

She walked to her class, greeting some colleagues and her juniors on the way. Everyone was calling her a 'senior' already and that somehow reminded her of her anxiety about the subject.

"Look who is here?! Awesome Jennie Kim~ “Yugyeom said before trapping Jennie's neck between his arms while laughing. Jennie tried to get out of his lock but failed,” Kim Yugyeom, Let me go! NOW! "

He laughed as he let her go, "Why are so grumpy? It’s our first day as seniors! Our last first-day girl!"

Jennie rolled her eyes as she whined, "Happy last first-day Yugyeom, it still ! I can't university anymore,"

Yugyeom turned to stand in front of her, he bent a little to see her face, his face turned from all smiley to serious one "I'm not sure if you aren't ready to face them or this is just college stress in general, just try to take a breath and enjoy your time, ignore them and remember that you have me and Bambam always glued to you OK?"

'Them again?!' she held back a sigh remembering them, she was supposed to be having a group of friends who turned out to be only using her to do all the work and assignments, embarrassed her in front of her class and spread rumors about her to the professors and TAs turning up her life upside down for the whole past semester until she was proved innocent by her hard solo work. It was a hard time for her but Yugyeom and Bambam got closer to her and had been always by her side ever since Yugyeom was right about her worry but it wasn't only that she was getting anxious about everything specifically her graduation project and life after graduation, she was sick of spending another year on her university, she shook her thoughts smiling at Yugyeom.

"It's Okay Yugyeom, I'm fine don't worry! Let's go to the class, yeah?" she replied taking his hand running to her class ignoring Yugyeom whines about wanting them to skip their classes.

As she entered the class, she saw 'them' looking at her like she was the most disgusting thing on earth, she felt a lump on as she muttered a low good morning for everyone before sitting on her seat followed by Yugyeom.

Yugyeom nudged her saying "Ignore them" she smiled to him nodding before asking about Bambam, "He said he is coming to kill you, nerd" Jennie rolled her eyes with a shrug.

Moments later, Bambam was standing by the glass door, looking like a prince. He was wearing slim black jeans, white shirt tucked on his pants, hair pulled back showing his forehead and an expensive camera held around his neck, his dull face showed how much he wanted to kill Jennie, He approached them "For God's sake Jennie! It's our first day who's sane to give us classes! Let's miss this class, you will get 4.00 anyway and I want to make a video right now" Bambam said grabbing Jennie and Yugyeom's arms to make them move.

"Mr. Bambam I'm afraid to inform you that I'm sane and will give you today a lecture plus a minus so please take a seat," the professor said after appearing out of nowhere surprising everyone.

Bambam dropped his friend's arms, nodding to the professor in embarrassment before sitting next to Jennie who was still laughing at him along with Yugyeom.

*Hours later*

Bambam groaned stretching his body as he got up. They had been stuck in lectures for hours because of Jennie, he turned to Jennie while helping her pack her stuff "Seriously, why are you so nerdy? You will still get straight as without today's lectures, I wanted to make a video!" Bambam said with a pout.

Jennie hit his arm "Yaaah, I was about to till you made a show in front of our professor," she said before zipping her back.

She sighed looking at him one more time "Let's skip the rest and have lunch then make your video" She said leaving them behind surprised but happy following her, it was just she was that student that never missed a class so that was a first and she didn't mind, she wasn't in the mood anyway.

"Yeah, wait for us!" Yugyeom and Bambam yelled from behind till they caught her laughing, they went to the food court and while waiting in line Jennie glanced over the rest of the court. It was the crowd and noisy, freshmen were filling the place with excitement taking pictures, introducing themselves to the seniors and sophomores and Juniors were talking loudly over their tables, her eyes met a few she smiled and waved to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter