Chapter VIII

Knock-on effect


Strolling around the living room, while everyone else minded their business... Can I say i feel like I don't belong in here?

My eyes then landed on the person that just sat on his sofa, forgetting that I even existed. Taking small baby steps i scratched the corner of my ear wanting to say something but at the same time I did not want to say a single word.

"Hey, can you please take me back..." I played with the ends of his white shirt, barely sounding audible.

All I received was silence.

I pursed my lips trying to somehow gain some patience, repeating once more my question but this time I lightly nudged him to try and get his attention.

He looked at me with a confused expression, passing his hand under his lengthy silky hair just to remove a small black device. "What do you want?"

My eyes dropped on the small wireless earplug. Seriously..... Irritation built up but I gulped down whatever patience I had left. I hate repeating myself.

I clicked my tongue, not even looking at him anymore. "I was wondering if you could take me back"

"We already explained we can't do that at the moment. I'll take you tomorrow." He sounded so relaxed but I definitely wasn't relaxed.

"Look...." I folded my arms. "Maybe you don't understand me but I really don't feel comfortable with me being in here. ALONE. Among you guys, okay?"

"And you think we do?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Exactly my point" I raised both hands. "You don't feel comfortable with me and I don't feel comfortable with you. So, let's do each other a favour and take me back."

He scoffed adjusting his posture, resting his forearms over his well built thighs that were covered with the soft cloth of his grey track suit pants. "I don't think you're understanding the situation..."

Now it was my turn to scoff. "I don't think you're understanding my situation, mister that thinks he's all SOooo Important. Look here, do I have to explain the facts that I have invested so much money in a wedding to which I can't even enjoy the after party?!"

"I think that after party died out the moment you're fiancée cheated on you" He glanced at me, feeling the muscles throughout my body stiffen with the words that showered me with hurt. My heart tightened as if a rope had looped around it making it hard to beat properly with so much ache.

I clenched my teeth diverting my gaze away from him, feeling as if a tear could escape any moment. It hurt.. my throat felt a knot building up and i hated the fact that I had to feel like this.

I turned my heels, closing my eyes that trembled... "Are you okay...?" Jin suddenly appeared not that far from me. He was standing near the kitchen door with a cloth wiping his hands. The others were too busy gaming, while Taehyung went to his room and Suga was in dreamland that they luckily didn't notice my existence at the moment.

I fast walked towards Jin with clutched fists. "I need a drink..." brushing past him into the kitchen invading their space. "Just sit on the stool and I'll bring you something" Jin spoke with so much softness, not even questioning me or glancing back at me.

I did as told and sat there feeling like my world had been thrown into a turmoil. It didn't take long until he placed a cup before me and poured it with red wine.

"Thanks..." I softly spoke but I doubt it was audible. "It's all yours" Jin smiled and left me alone. How can someone be so nice to me when he barely knows me...

The wine felt so nice when it swirled around my tongue and slid down my throat. "I loved him so much..." I mumbled the words that weighed down my heart. "Didn't I love you enough?..." I questioned, gulping down another cup of red liquid, letting out a heavy sigh. I rested my forehead for a bit on my knuckles, staring at the cup of wine, tracing my finger around the line top of the cup creating light swirls.

"You know... drinking isn't the answer" I gazed back following the owner of the voice that leaned against the corner of the door, adjusting his boxer under his grey track pants.

"Talks the guy that got tipsy live...night apple is poison apple was it?... seriously..." I took another sip not facing him anymore. He walked towards the table placing a hand on the table while the other grabbed the back of my stool, turning me lightly to come face to face with him. He had this smirk plastered on his face, looking at me with a gaze that made my heart tingly but I annoyingly felt weirdly annoyed about it.

"What..." I kept my composure grabbing the cup to take another sip but his face became inches away from mine making me almost choke in my own air, feeling his breath inches away from my face.

"You said you didn't know me yet you do know me" His smirk grew wider, making me chuckle at him while sipping on the sweet drink. "I don't really know you" I chuckled once more causing him to raise his eyebrow in response, flicking the little hair way that hanged before his eyes with amusement.

"Look..." I kept drinking while trying to respond until he stopped me, hugging my hand trying to remove the glass that filled me with contentment away from me. "You're drunk." He let go of my hand that hugged the cup so tightly, and held my shoulders softly, but all I could do was giggle. "I'm not drunk. I'm buffering"

He let out a scoff mixed with laughter, turning his head as if he found it unbelievable

He let out a scoff mixed with laughter, turning his head as if he found it unbelievable. "That's my line Missy...."

Narrators POV

"Was it...?" She giggled so cutely brushing her hand away from the table just to bring the cup with her. "!"Jungkook halted managing from having the cup break my the drink spilt all over his favourite tracks.

"Oh... You're dirty" She innocently spoke out about to touch the stained area of his pants but he jumped in shock "Don't touch me there!" He brushed his hair back startled.

"Is everything okay?" Jin worriedly spoke coming into the kitchen.

"Yeah... she's just... well you know just by looking at her..." he diverted his attention, laying his hand on her shoulder.

"Ohh... handsome nice guy..." She sheepishly giggled pointing at him.

"It's actually world wide handsome to you" He winked at her, grabbing a cloth to clean the mess.

"Just take her to your room to rest Jungkook. I'll clean stuff up here"

He glanced at her letting out a light sigh. "Can you walk to the room?"

"Damn right I can!" She slammed her petite hand on the island table, bringing her body away from the stool. "I got two great legs!" She began trying to walk, wobbling her way out which made Jin and Jungkook have a good laugh looking at her.

"Are you sure?" Jungkook held his laughter for a bit, when she stumbled and grabbed the corner of the door. "Who put this wall here?!" She muttered in anger, glaring back and walked away with him following her grabbing every corner or object she could until she finally reached for the first door that stood before her.

"Wait! Not that-" Jungkook quickly went to stop her, but she turned that door knob.

"WHAT THE ?!" Jimin yelled his lungs out grabbing a towel to cover his body.