Chapter XII

Knock-on effect

Hand clutched at the handle of the car, with a deep breath getting mentally ready to face the person who had the audacity to appear before her. She didn't want to face him; Yesterday was enough.

Lips dry, feeling a nerve in the back of her neck, biting her bottom inner lip. She felt like she could handle anything yesterday with all the anger that boosted her adrenaline rush, but not today. Today, she felt so small it was infuriating.

"Want me to go with you?" Jungkook kindly offered, taking notice of who was waiting for her, joined up with the expression she wore.

"I can take care of myself..." She forced a smile. "But thanks" she got off, with every step that made her feet so heavy. She pulled her chin up trying to show confidence, trying to reinforce her walls. She wasn't going to allow someone that low, make her completely crumble even if it was difficult.

The moment Y/n came to his view, while sitting on the stairs, he got up with his hands placed on his knees. He wore such and irritated expression that she didn't give a damn about. She had just decided to ignore him and make it out as if he didn't exist. Well at least, that was the plan...

Jungkook drove off slowly, watching her figure disappear.

She brushed past him, going up the small flat of stairs to the entry, feeling a strong grip take hold of her forearm, pulling her hard, making sure she shifted in his direction. "Didn't you ing see me?!"

"Oh you were here?" She showed no emotion, while staring at his boring character.

He scoffed, passing his tongue on his teeth, radiating with cockiness. "Do you know how long I've been waiting for you? Where the have you been?" He took in the clothes she was wearing.

Y/n couldn't help but giggle at the situation. "I don't know and I don't think I care" bringing some of her hair behind her ear, bringing her hand now to the grip that wasn't letting her blood circulate. It hurt...

"And i don't owe explanations to someone like you" She dug her nails but he only made his grip stronger. She gritted her teeth trying to hold in the pain.

"Don't. Piss. Me. Off" He threatened.

"Is that a threat?!" She raised an eyebrow, but changing it quickly to a hurt one when he squeezed so tightly it felt like he was about to break her arm with a hand lifting ready to slap her, instinctively flinching and squeezing her eye lids for what was about to come.

She never thought out of all the people in the world he would ever put a hand on her but then again, she also never though he would ever cheat on her and here we are today.

Just that the hand never actually came in contact with her. Did he regret?

She peeked to see why he hadn't slapped her one solid but to her surprise she was caught by his shocked expression. His wrist being held captive in Jungkook's hold.

"This is between her and I" He spat at him, trying to remove himself from his grip.

"I suggest you remove your hand from her before i break yours" He looked at him with blood shot eyes, signalling him to remove the hand that held her. He didn't look like he was joking about it either.

"Wanna test me?" He lift his eyebrow, tightening his hold. Sungmin seemed to stiffen, face going red and veins from his neck beginning to show, until he let out a ruff grunt gasping as he finally let go.

Holding on to the wrist that had Jungkook's fingers almost tattooed to it.

"I see" He let out a psychotic laughter with eyes shifting between the both of them. "You're the dude from yesterday" He waved his hand slightly over his mouth and nose. "Wasn't really seeing who you were without the mouth cover" he laughed louder.

Did he just lose it?

"What do you want Sungmin? If you're here because you want me back It ain't going to happen" Y/n crossed her arms over her chest, slightly passing her hand over the area he put pressure, brushing it gently. She still tried her best to cover up the hurt she felt.

Jungkook just stood quiet watching where this was going.

"Get off your high horse" He smirked, adjusting his jacket stepping closer, but Jungkook stepped forward "You can talk from here" He placed his hand over his shoulder with that piercing look, not allowing him to get any closer.

Sungmin nudged his hand away, focusing his attention on her. "I'm not here for you. I'm here for my baggage but you changed the code..." he breath out "...and for half the money we got out of the wedding"

Uningbelievable! The nerve!

"Naah... I don't think that's going to happen. You can take the backstabbing you did as payment for the damages" She eye smiled at him.

Y/n seemed to have hit a nerve cause he stepped forward as if he were about lash out but stopped to take a breather when Jungkook stepped in his way crackling his knuckles "I suggest you think before you act"

"Yeah... he doesn't do that often..." She threw a side comment earning herself a dirty look from that idiot.

He gulped, restraining himself from going berserk. "Fine... Let me get my stuff..."

"I'll get it for you" She turned her back at him with Jungkook glancing at her.

"I'll help you" He followed behind her going up through the elevator, reaching the third floor.

Reaching her door, she took out Jungkooks phone, dialling the new password, granting access to her home. Hardly did she walk in, a chuckle lift her lips. "Sulli never stops surprising me" she made way towards the luggage that seemed to be already packed next to the sofa with Sungmin's stuff surrounding it. Jungkook was about to grab it to help bring it down, until she halted him.

"What are you doing?" Her hands touched his shoulder, signalling him to stop.

"Aren't you bringing it down?" he stared at her with confusion.

"And I am. But why go all the way down..." She grabbed the luggage, pushing it towards the window of her apartment, pulling the curtain to the side, sliding the window open and doing what felt most right at the moment, letting out a small grunt as she lifted it up "... when it can go through here." sticking her head out the window "Take your garbage with you! Trash should stay together!" All his belongings flew out the window, while she put Jungkooks phone on the corner of the window in recording.

"You ing ! Ill ing kill you!" He lashed out from the bottom, until she screamed back.

"Is that a threat?!"

"Damn ing right it is!" He spit fire, while grabbing his things that were scattered all over the floor.

She clicked the phone stopping the recording, while waving her (well... jungkooks) phone from her floor. "Good! Cause now there shouldn't be a problem handing this to the police!"

Before she stuck her head back in, she quickly added "Oh! You might want to get a ladder! Your briefs landed on the tree!" She shrugged with a grin, wiping her hands on her shirt, grabbing the phone while turning to look at Jungkook who stood there dumbfounded, looking at her.

"What? It was a faster route" She grinned.

"I didn't say anything..." He chuckled, scratching the tip of his nose.

Y/n scratched the side of her neck pursing her lips while passing by Jungkook, and going to the kitchen to grab herself a cup of water. "Why did you come back? Were you worried? I told you I could handle myself" She placed the phone next to the cup, pouring herself a nice cup of water.

"Yeah... noticed..." A glimpse of sarcasm screamed in his tone.

He walked towards her, trapping her between his arms, with his hands on the balcony, making her gulp. He leaned in slowly as she shut her eyes in nervousness expecting something. He teasingly leaned towards her ear, letting his hot breath tickle her skin and sending shivers down her spine, while his hand got hold of his belonging. "... and I came here because you took my phone."