Chapter V

Knock-on effect

"Finally! I can get back to my nap!" the driver spoke with satisfaction, the moment he entered the gates and stopped the car.

And everyone decided to step out of the car except me, who was dazed and still trying to get a hold of what just happened.

"Hey! Aren't you getting out of the car?" Jungkook rested his right forearm over the top of the door, while lowering his head towards me.

"Come on, I'll help you" he let out his left hand.

"You sure like to help me" I muttered with sarcasm screaming in my words while my eyebrow lift in suspicion, staring at this humans hand.

"it's because of your dress being long" he explained with tiredness in his tone of voice.

I bit my inner lip, eyeing him. "whatever" I placed my hand over his and he helped me step out of the car, just to be the moron that I am and step on the tip of my gown, stumbling forward and landing my hand over his chest that was so firm and muscular, feeling this unknown hand wrap around my waist to support me yet sending me weird feelings to the pit of my stomach. My heart skipped a beat at the distance that our lips were from each other. They looked soft.

I wonder if those lips are as soft as they look...

I could feel his heartbeat racing.

"So... are you guys coming in? or... are you just going to stand there looking like you've been deprived"

We both snapped from the stance we were in, at the sound of the midgets words.

We both cleared our throats in sync, resulting to him letting go and me immediately pushing Jungkook away from me.

I lifted my dress, enough so that I was able to walk properly taking a few steps away from the car, with the sound of him shutting the door behind me and my eyes instantly froze the moment I saw the place.

Wow...

This house was pretty. It was at least four times bigger than mine, if not more. It had a big garden, with lots of flowers and the grass was short. It looked very well treated.

I slowly followed behind them, reaching the entrance. Everyone removed their shoes and I did the same, but my eyes landed on the pair of feet that stood next to me, closing the door.

His feet looked painful. It had small cuts on his skin. It must've hurt when he was running...

"Do your feet hurt?" I muttered in honest worry. He did borrow me his shoes...

"Now you care?" he chuckled in desbilief, but I was too prideful at that moment that I ended up biting my lip and denied it. "Why would I care? You ran cause you wanted too" I walked past him, hearing him chuckling behind me. "you have a serious attitude problem. But it's funny"

"What took you guys so long? Taehyung" Somebody asked, but I couldn't see who, because the blonde haired guy and the shorty were blocking my damn view. But I just stood there without moving an inch cause this wasn't my home for me to just barge into.

"There was a bit of an issue" The blonde, responded. So, this guy is Taehyung.

"Did Jungkook bring the lamb skewers?" 

"No. But he brought something else" The midget, rolled his eyes like a two year old looking back at me and moving away.

And they say I've got issues. "Oh get over your pepper" I retorted, enough for him to hear but he just walked away.

"What's that about, Jimin?" The red haired guy just stood there looking at me in shock, while Jimin ignored his question by slumping his on the leather couch.

"Yeah. that was my expression" Taehyung slid his hands into his front pockets moving towards him, while Jungkook scratched the back of his head, looking at the red haired guy.

"Jin! Namjoon! Jungkook brought a girl over!"

And next thing you know, he walks off. "I'm going to take a shower"

! Did you just bring me to your place and abandon me between these guys? Don't you ing come with a shower excuse!

"HI" I smiled awkwardly at them. "Don't mind me" I mumbled, throwing daggers at that backs dufus.

"Why is she wearing a wedding gown?" The other grayish blonde asked, taking a seat on his couch, next to Jimin and Taehyung, gaining chuckles from them.

"Why are you wearing pants?" I crossed my arms, eyeing him upside down.

Then this other tall guy, with fluffy dark brown hair stepped in with a cloth in his hand.

"oh" he came walking towards me, with a smile, ignoring the fact that I was in a gown while the rest just stared at me as if it's the first time they've ever seen one.

"Look! I know I'm a patatoe but could you stop with the staring? I hate people doing that to me" I looked at everyone.

"Well it's not that you're ugly. It's just that, you're wearing a particular dress and smell like trash" Jimin smirked.

MOTHER ER! And whose fault is it that I smell like I've dived in to the garbage bin, huh?!

"Look. I think it's only natural everyone has questions..." the red headed guy responded but I just sighed. I wasn't going to say anything else.

"Don't bully her" this guy put his hands over my shoulders, glaring at them for me. He didn't even know me yet he was defending me.

"What's your name?" he politely asked.

"Y/N"

"that's a nice name. Well Y/N, I'm Seokjin but you can call me Jin. Would you like some tea or a warm shower?" he kindly offered.

"well.. A shower would be nice, but I didn't bring any clothes" I spoke with honesty. I probably did smell like trash bin but only I can say that to myself.

"Don't worry about that. I'll wrap something up for you" he smiled at me like a parent would. He seemed nice.

"Jimin, go fetch her some clothes to change into"

"I thought you said you would wrap something up" he whined, getting up anyways to fetch something while Jin glared at him.

Not even 2 minutes and he was back with a folded white shirt and Pyjama pants, handing it over to me.

"Isn't that Jungkooks?! " Taehyung asked.

"Yeah. I took it from his room while he was showering"

"Well, there's a bathroom at the end of the hall you can go shower there" Jin explained as I slowly and awkwardly walked to the bathroom.

"Jungkook is going to kill you" I heard Taehyung warning.

I glanced back seeing Jimin shrugging. "He caused the problem. He fixes it" and I heard someone laughing in the background.