Chapter 5

Enhanced
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo starts to cough while waving the huge white smoke that erupted from the potion pot. He looked through the book to find any possible spells to vanquish the The Jinn, but he has a gut feeling a mere potion won't be enough. He then notices a bright light erupt in the middle of the living room, and soon the light became two people. 

One of them was Baekhyun, "Hey Kyungsoo".

Kyungsoo flinches at the sudden entrance, it seems he teleported but with someone along side him. "Hey, may I ask how you got here?"

Baekhyun laughs, "Isn't it obvious?....I teleported". 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, "Yea, but teleporting is not your power". 

"Oh, its because of Yixing", Baekhyun gestures to him while Kyungsoo eyes the man next his brother. 

Yixing walks up to Kyungsoo, and offers his hand to be shake."Hello I'm Zhang Yixing your guy's guardian".

Kyungsoo shakes his hand, "Guardian?". 

"Yes, every witch or sets of witches has has a guardian or a white lighter. Our job is to protect, train, and care for our charges which is you guys". 

Kyungsoo is learning something new everyday about being witches, "So a guardian angel basically?"

Yixing nods, "Pretty much its our a job to protect, and make you guys stronger." he then looks at the potion bowl and noticed it was a close it catching fire, "Uh Kyungsoo the-".

Kyungsoo turns around and realizes the pot is getting overheated, " thanks". He then turns down the fire, and fans the smoke coming from it. 

"It seems help and training may be the biggest factor I may need to contribute to". Yixing says. 

Baekhyun begins to open windows to air out the house, "He's right we need all the help we could get". Salem comes from under the couch he purrs while meowing. He brushes his body against Yixing's, and he begins to coo at the sudden affection the cat is giving him. 

Baekhyun smiles at the scene,"Aw it seems the cat likes you". 

Yixing gives him a questioning look, "This isn't a cat"

"I know what a cat is", Baekhyun scoffs. 

"No this isn't a cat", Yixing softly chuckles. 

Baekhyun looks at Kyungsoo to confirm if he is crazy, because a cat was a four legged creature with pointy ears and a long tail(usually). 

"What is it then?", Kyungsoo asks. 

"Its a familiar". 

Kyungsoo goes to the book, "Take me to familiars". The book flips through pages to get to the page that was being asked for,"Spirit companion, or animal that aids a witch" Kyungsoo then looks at Salem who innocently kept purring while Yixing his fur. 

Baekhyun couldn't believe what he was hearing either, so Salem wasn't a cat?, but a spirit animal. "Let me wrap my head  around this, so Salem is some type of spirit animal? where did he even come from or-". 

"Yes he is a spirit animal that came from the spirit realm, doesn't matter how he got here all spirits have their way around". Yixing explains.

Junmyeon rushes through the door barely being able utter words, "You...guys...won't believe what ....happened to ..me". 

Kyungsoo rushes over to his older brother,"First catch your breath, then tell us-", Kyungsoo then notices the strangle marks around his neck, "Jun what happened?"

"I was at work and when I went to the interrogation room, my client became possessed and threaten me to drop the case or else. He started to strangle me but I wasn't sure how to defend my self, but luckily Sehun came to save me". Junmyeon could still feel the cold hands wrapped around his neck while the force tight feeling the oxygen close off. 

"I was attacked too while at work", Baekhyun says, "But it was The Jinne, he looked just how you described him". 

"Luckily I was there to save him, and I'm sure Junmyeon was also attacked by The Jinne as well they have the power of mind possession", Yixing says. 

"Who is he?", Junmyeon whispers to Kyungsoo. 

"I'm your guys guardian, witches always have one. Its my job to protect, train, and care-". 

"Okay I think I get it", Junmyeon interrupts, "But by any chance do you have knowledge on The Jinne?"

Yixing gives a witty smile, "Of course, The Jinne is similar to a genie but takes your soul in the process, and they have been around for thousand of years, and if your looking for a way to get rid of him you need to get the source he came out of". 

Kyungsoo gives a defeated look, "I've been making potions all day, and all we needed was the lamp?". 

"That and a spell, it should be in the book". 

"The question now is where is the lamp?". Baekhyun asks.

"I have an idea", Junmyeon has access to the home of where the murder happened, and if he assumes right the lamp must be there. "The wife was the one who had found the lamp, so it must be at the house". 

Yixing nods, "Your right, I could take you guys there". 

Junmyeon raises an eyebrow to show his confused state, "How?"

"As a guardian I have the power to teleport to any area"

"Ohhh, so I assume that is how Baek got here".

Baekhyun nodded, but soon slaps his forehead in frustration, "I need to get back to work". 

"Woah", Kyungsoo couldn't believe what he was hearing, "You can't go to work, what if you get attacked again?

"Kyungsoo, when Mr. Park comes back and notices I'm gone again he will freak out plus I could loose my job". 

"He's right Soo, he could loose his job plus it would be suspicious on how he left the building if his car is still there". Junmyeon implies. 

Kyungsoo sighs, "Okay but be quick, we need to get that damn lamp before that thing kills anyone else". 

"You and Jun could get the lamp just do the power of three spell once you have it" Baekhyun grabs for Yixing's arm, "Now if you excuse me, I need to get my to work or-"

"Wait", Kyungsoo stops him, "how will we lure it?"

Baekhyun has an idea, "I'll be the one to chant the power of three spell, because I have a way to lure it, that things feeds off of desires and wants". 

Junmyeon and Kyungsoo both look at one another to see if this was a smart idea for their younger brother. "But please memorize the spell". Kyungsoo warns.

"Got it, you two be careful", with that Yixing and Baekhyun leave to Baekhyun's work place. 

Junmyeon gone speechless just after watching the two turn into pixilated lights and then vanishing, "Thats gonna take some getting use to". 

<><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><<><><><><<><>

Baekhyun is now back in his boss's office but notices

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter