Soompi: Produce R 101 revealed!

« PRODUCE 101 » The revival。 REBOOTING...

HOME     NEWS     GALLERY     EXCLUSIVES     FORUM     SHOP

 

New season of produce 101 revealed after voting scandal

sienl1 | December 13, 2019

Mnet has revealed that there will be a new season of Produce 101 airing in 2020. The announcement came as a surprise because the broadcaster is currently being investigated for the voting manipulation of the previous seasons of this survival show series. In a previous report, it was revealed that Wanna one, Iz*one and X1 were all subject to voting manipulation.

Because of the voting manipulation scandal, it was revealed that mnet had sold part of the produce 101 rights to chinese broadcaster Iqiyi, who are the creators of similar shows Idol producer and Youth with you. These shows have had famous idols like EXO's Lay and Blackpink's Lisa as judges.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The new season will be called Produce R 101, the R standing for revival. It has reportedly started gathering trainees and will start airing in April 2020. While it is not confirmed, it is rumored that it will be a co-ed season with half male and half female trainees. Not much about the final group is known at this moment, if they will make two separate groups or not.

The Viewers' representative of this season has been revealed to be Kim Jaekyung, former member of Rainbow! The coaches' panel will have Lee Seok Hoon, Shin Yoo Mi, Kwon Jae Sung and Cheetah returning, while the new additions will be Minzy and MC Jin. Minzy being a former member of 2NE1 and solo artist while MC Jin is a rapper who was one of the rap coaches on Iqiyi's first season, idol producer. By seeing MC Jin on this panel, it is expected that there will be more input from China as the series airs. It is also expected that the final group will partly promote in China because of Iqiyi's influence.

Expect more updates on this show as more gets revealed!

TAGS

Produce 101
Mnet
Iqiyi
Rainbow
2NE1
Cheetah

PREVIOUS STORY

December Boy Group Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

NEXT STORY

BIGBANG’s G-Dragon Shows Off Beard + Mustache In New Photos

Sign in                                                                               11 people listening
Newest | Oldest | Top Comments

Toppodokku                                                                                                                                       1 hours ago

I really don't know how to feel about this. The scandal is still so fresh, and that's probably why Iqiyi is now involved, because the previous producers of Produce 101 are still under investigation and waiting for their sentence... What a money grab, this is crazy. But still, I can't help but feel excited to see new trainees.

Like    Reply

Buttfluff                                                                                                                                              2 hours ago

A co-ed season? Iqiyi? This is all really out of the blue. I hope that it will be as good as The Unit but I don't really have high hopes because of how bad Mnet can be. And I don't think Iqiyi is much better than them.

Like    Reply

WonyoungS                                                                                                                                       2 hours ago

LOL Jaekyung is a nugu? And who is this MC jin guy? LOL they must be out of budget with these crappy people. Minzy is a flop too. Goddamn. Can't wait to see this group inevitably flop. Meanwhile X1 and Iz*one could possibly disband? This is so disrespectful LMAO I won't be watching. Iz*one already outsold. A co-ed group is meant to flop anyway. This season has already failed, NEXT.

Like    Reply

SienL1                                                                                                                                               2 hours ago

Hi hi! Sien here! I'm very excited for this fic and im happy that I finally got an idea to write for it! I really hope I can get more apps soon so I can start dishing out introduction videos and rumored contestants pages and such so please, APPLY ;w;

Like    Reply