The First & Last Date

Infatuation 🎀
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Waiting for Donghae to arrive, Hyukjae looked casually around the tiny cafe known as "Books N Brew." He had known about this cafe but never came here. Even if it was just beside his University Campus, he never felt like going to this place. Maybe, it was because it was a cafe meant for high schoolers more than College ones. 

The interior of the Cafe was quite unique with various quotes from famous romantic novels painted on it along with various different varities of coffee. The air was filled with the sweet aroma of brewing coffee. Although, there were tables and chairs and cushions to sit, like in every other cafe, there was also a bunker built in the upper area. A small ladder beside the bunker, students would often climb up the ladder and sit on the bunkers with their friends.

However, today the place was b with young couples. Students of not more than 16 years of age were filling the place. It made Hyukjae feel a little out of place especially when some students gave him a questionable look. 

Hyukjae wondered whether Donghae himself had ever come here and if he has, then why on Earth, did he chose this place to meet. There was so much chattering of the young students and so much noise that it was getting on Hyukjae's nerves. He had thought of going to a quiet, romantic place but not a rowdy, fish market type cafe.

"Please come soon, Donghae." Hyukjae murmured. He really didn't want to spoil his mood especially when he was quite sure that Donghae has started feeling for him too. He had a gut feeling that today, Donghae would finally accept his proposal and he didn't want anything to go wrong.

 

Donghae stood outside the cafe with a big smile on his face.

"Finally." He whispered feeling a little giddy inside.

"Finally, I can also come here with a date." 

Donghae reminisced how many times he had sat inside the cafe as a third wheeler. When a friend of his wanted to impress another person, how many times he had accompanied them and sat there, frowning on the inside.

Donghae entered the cafe and looked for Hyukjae. Surprisingly for him, the cafe was full of younger people today. His eyes immediately went to a not-so-young guy sitting with a frown on his face. 

"Hi." Donghae sweetly smiled and took the chair opposite Hyukjae.

Hyukjae's eyes lit up instantly on seeing him. "Hi."

"How long have you been waiting?" 

"Not too long. Besides, I can wait forever long for you", Hyukjae had a teasing glint in his eyes.

Donghae blushed listening to the older. "Why are you always flirting with me? You are so cheeky."

Hyukjae pouted and miffed. He placed his hand on Donghae's hands. "Who said I was flirting? I am telling my true feelings. You need to start understanding my heart, Hae."

Donghae's rosy cheeks become rosier. "I- I'm sorry. I guess I'm just not used to recieving such sweet words." He mumbled.

Hyukjae took Donghae's hand and pulled the younger a little closer to him.

"Get used to it, Donghae. I'm gonna shower you with all the love you deserve", looking lovingly into Donghae's eyes.

Donghae felt an electric spark in his body from the physical touch, the warm gaze and the loving words, the elder said to him. 

"I- uh.. I just..", Donghae stuttered a little but his voice was drowned by the noise in the cafe.

"Come closer, Hae. I can't hear what you are saying." Without waiting for Donghae's response, Hyukjae pulled his chair next to him.

Donghae gave a surprising yelp. "You just want an excuse to be closer to me." He chuckled a little and did his adorable little pout.

Hyukjae pinched the cutie pie's nose adoringly. "Maybe, I do. But, really Hae, this place is kinda noisy. I had thought we'll be going to some quite place to spend quality time together. Is there a reason you chose such cafe?"

Donghae nibbled down on his lower lip. What should he tell the elder? Can he say that whenever he came here with his friend, as a third wheeler, in high school, he always wished to bring his partner too to this place. The reason sounded quite stupid in Donghae's brain. He didn't want to embarrass himself. He didn't want Hyukjae to think of him as a desperate loser.

Thinking too hard about what excuse he should make, his eyebrows knitted together. Hyukjae was a little amused  watching the plethora of emotions on his face. Being a little more daring, he bent forward and placed a soft kiss on the younger's temple.

Peck. "Why are you thinking so much about it?" He asked gently. The peck and Hyukjae's soft voice woke Donghae up from his reverie. He blushed madly and decided to be honest with the elder.

"I always wanted to bring my date to this cafe. When I was in high school, I would come as a wingman for my other friends.. I just kinda wanted to experience being the main man too one day, I guess." He paused and looked at Hyukjae who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter