Increased Confidence

In The Skiing Lift
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next day, the hamster hastily ran thrught the corridor and entered the classroom. As soon as she found her group of friends, she approached them while looking around her surroundings nervously. "Please help me," Wendy begged quietly, checking and glancing at the entrance of the classroom time to time.

All of them turned their heads at her and gave her a puzzled look. Wendy looks a little pale and sweat is now trailing down her face.

"Hey, what's up with you?" Seulgi asked. Wendy glanced at them while releasing a shuddering sigh.

"I'm just making sure that Irene isn't here.”

"Anyways, what happened? Why do you need help?" Hayoung stepped up to her while Wendy sat on her place. "I need help on how to act normal in front of Irene." said the hamster. DK puts his fingers on his chin and started rubbing it, trying to think of a tip to help his friend.

"Well, if I were you, just act normal. Be yourself." explained DK when Wendy sighed while shaking her head slowly.

"Dokyeom, didn't you know me? I'm a girl who acts like a disgusting boy who doesn't know how to clean herself and is very irresponsible to her stuff." Wendy exhasperately spoke. She scratched her head in frustration and checked the entrance again.

"Alright, alright, I mean, why are you even like that? I mean, I know that you know how to sit properly but you don't know how to clean your mess—"

"That's what I'm talking about, DK. Just please give me a proper answer." The hamster begged when the second hamster narrowed his eyes cutely and looked at the ceiling.

"Hmm, I think..." Hoshi eyed his friend when Wendy frowned at him. "Oh gosh, please, no. You give me the worst advice." Wendy face-palmed when Hoshi clicked his tongue and pouted. "Anyways, it's much better if you won't join us." Hayoung blurted her words out of her brain. Wendy felt taken aback and shot her a shocked look. "No! I will join you guys no matter what!" yelled the hamster with her arms crossed.

"Okay, then let's uninvite Irene instead." Chanyeol shrugged coolly. Wendy opened , trying to say something when the words inside her brain couldn't form.

She started to have second thoughts about removing Irene from their group vacation. I mean, she doesn't want to hurt her crush.

"Nope, I disagree on both of your stupid plans." Wendy frankly monotoned while rolling her eyes at her friends. "Then what should we do to help you? That's all we've got." Seulgi gave Wendy a shrug, same with all her other friends.

"Oh my gosh, please plan another one instead of those. I really need your help, guys." The hamster panicked, causing Hoshi to quirk his brow at her. Wendy then released a sigh as she made eye contact with the second hamster. "Fine, even you, Hoshi—"

"YEY!" burst Hoshi, seizing Wendy and giving her a tight embrace. The hug was so tight, it almost choked Wendy to death. So she gently pushed Hoshi away from her to give herself space to breathe. "A-Alright," She panted and coughed a little. "Hey guys!" Irene suddenly entered the classroom with a bright smile, having a good mood today. "Hey!" All of them greeted back briskly except for Wendy, which Irene noticed.

The bunny made eye contact with Wendy and gave her a grin. She got flustered by her actions and blushed furiously, feeling a little small when Irene looks at her.

Meanwhile, Seulgi caught Wendy and whispered in Chanyeol's ear, "Is Irene that powerful?" The bear asked the puppy when Chanyeol took a quick glimpse of her and shrugged.

"Probably," agreed the guy while all of them watched Wendy and Irene avidly. "Hello, Wendy." Irene gave her the most beautiful smile she could ever do, slowly torturing the hamster.

'Irene...'

'That smile...'

'Take my heart, Irene. It's all yours.'

"H-Hey..." Wendy smiled wistfully as a reply, making Irene giggle. "Oh, you know, Irene, Wendy doesn't—" Wendy suddenly cuts Hoshi off by covering his mouth using her hand. "Huh?" Irene looked at the two of them with a befuddled look.

"So you see, Irene, I said nothing." The hamster gave her crush an awkward smile, confusing the bunny even more. "What do you mean?" questioned Irene, watching Hoshi making muffled yelps. Then Wendy shook her head. "Nothing! You can freely talk to them!" Wendy beamed once again while the bunny shrugged cutely.

"So Irene, I already read the second book that you gave to me." Seulgi smiled brightly with her cute, crescent-shaped, eye smile and gave her the book that she borrowed.

"Oh, really? Is it good?" Irene asked while the other people went back to their own businesses. "Of course! So have you bought the third book yet?" Seulgi asked as Irene took the book from her.

"Well, not yet. Because my parents told me that these kind of books are a little expensive to buy. So they needed a little time to save some money." explained the bunny while the bear nodded fervently.

"Okay then! But make sure to buy them all." Seulgi winked cutely. The bunny giggled and waved her hand at her. "Sure," chirped Irene, continuing their conversation.

Meanwhile, from afar, Wendy is sitting on her place while staring at her one and only crush with a dreamy look. She wishes that she could have a long conversation with her just like Seulgi. She wishes that Irene could punch her arm playfully like what she

Please log in to read the full chapter