Five

Father For His Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am sorry! I know I vanished for a loooong time. But I had my finals. I seriously hope I passed all my exams [which I highly doubt I will x.x ]

But here is the new chapter~ Hope you enjoy it <3 Happy reading people~

Farewell

The million dollar question was finally thrown. I couldn’t move a muscle.

I stared at the shell-shocked Lisa who looked at Ayana with wide and glassy eyes.

What happens now?

“A-Ayana,” Lisa’s voice trembled.

I need to do something!

I should have known better. Ayana started schooling so she must be now very aware and conscious about the fact that her female parent is absent in her life. Having Lisa around for so long must have made her misunderstand.

“Ayana!” I said loudly, making both of them aware of my presence.

Lisa snapped her head towards me. Her eyes were wide and shocked. When she saw my grim face she understood I heard everything.

“Ayana, can you do me a favour and not come out of this room until I call you?” I knew I sounded very cold and that this me was scaring Ayana. But I had no other choice. I had to do this.

Ayana just nodded and pulled her teddy closer.

“I think we need to talk.” I turned to Lisa.

There was a flash of hurt in her eyes. I knew it was because of the sudden change in my attitude. My stoic face and cold voice was something that can drive any person away from me. This family time, it would be better if we ended it as soon as possible. No matter how much it hurts me or the fact that I have to bury my feelings in the grave now, I had to cut it off. It wasn’t about me anymore, it is Ayana. I cannot risk it. Even if Lisa and I had a potential to become a thing, I wasn’t sure if she would stay with us forever. And so, I cannot risk my daughter’s feelings, I cannot see her hurt face.

Lisa silently stood up. She looked at Ayana for one final time and left the room after giving my daughter a final kiss on her forehead.

Lisa and I stood in the living room quietly, not knowing how to start. Just minutes ago we talked carefreely at the same place and yet here we are with thick awkward air around us.

After gathering my distorted mind I said what I regret to this day. It not only broke me but also made me want to cry then and there.

“I think we should stop this.”

“Eh?” Lisa snapped her head to look at me. She looked at me in pure shock. Her eyes slowly turned watery as she registered what I meant. “W-What are you saying sunbae?” Her voice cracked at the end.

“I think you should stop coming here. It’s too risky.” I tried not to show any emotions on my face. The infamous poker face of mine works wonders in situations like this. I didn’t dare to look at her eyes because I knew, one look at her and I shall melt into a puddle.

“But why now?”

“Do I have to spell it out for you? I think you already know why.”

“B-But Ayana needs me. More than that, I need her.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter