Eight

Father For His Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An early valentine day gift to all my babies~~ 

This was actually requested by one of my very good friend here. She wanted something for Valentines so I was like, okay, let's do this!

And tadah! Here it is. To all my single and taken girls/boys/anyone you are, a early happy valentiness day. This year, all my single ladies and boys, you are my valentine. So don't feel lonely~

Hope this chap makes you fell gushy gushy~

Confession

For the 1000th time, I cleaned the already spotless table. I was so nervous at the moment that I could faint because of my rising heart rate.

“Oh Sehun! Breath in, breath out.” I repeated to myself trying to calm myself. Just when I thought I would die due to this organ beating my chest walls at an alarming rate, the doorbell rang, making my heart stop altogether. She knows the passcode, then why is she not just coming in? I swallowed, scared that she might be angry. With shaking hands, I opened the door. Looking at her stand there with exhausted yet shining eyes reminded me of the time she first came here.

“Lisa,” I whispered. “Come in.” I moved away to let her in.

We sat there in awkward silence for a long time. I looked anywhere but her, knowing that she was looking at me. I was not yet prepared to face her but it was now or never. So I took a deep breath and blurted out the first thing that came to my mind.

“I like you!”

Wow, amazing, spectacular, perfect! How can someone mess up things every single time? There goes my well-prepared apology speech. Way to go Oh Sehun.

I sneak peeked at Lisa’s face and immediately looked down. Just prayed I had some power and the ground would open and swallow me in.

She was looking at me with eyes as wide as saucers. And I had no idea what to do next.

“I-I mean… that…. Oh God,” I groaned loudly as I buried my face into my hands. I tried not to show my face that was getting heated up by each passing second. “I didn’t plan to say that first, I swear.” And to my utter shock, I heard her giggle. I whipped my head to her to confirm my ears weren’t just playing on me. When I saw Lisa’s eyes turned into a crescent moon shape as she continued to giggle against her hand that was trying to suppress the tinkering sound, I couldn’t help but feel as if a mountain had been lifted off my shoulder. It’s been so long since I last heard it.

“Then what were you planning to say first?” She asked, looking at me with a bright smile.

“E-Eh? First?” I asked in confusion. “Oh! First! I-I was planning to start with sorry but I messed it up.” I muttered, looking down.

“Well think of it like you are going to start now. I want to hear what you planned.” Lisa smiled. There was a glint of mischief and mirth in her eyes.

I looked lost for a second but regained my composure soon. I sat straighter and started again.

“W-Well, first of all, I am sorry. I didn’t mean to be rude. B-But in my defense, I was scared. I was scared that you… you will push us away. That you’ll leave us. I was scared that I will be left alone…. Again.” I looked down at my clamped hands. I was laying myself bare in front of her. If she rejects me, I will not regret it, even if it will break my heart. At least she will know the truth.

"I know what I said sounds absurd, but Lisa, I have trust issues. I am scared of betrayals, and I don't want my daughter to go through the same pain as I do. That's why that day.... that day I said some, no." I shook my head. "Many rude things to you. So that even if you intended to say no or reject her or me, I sent you away, saving us from the heartbreak of people walking over us."

For a long time, there was nothing but silence. I had no guts to look up and see the reaction. I kept looking down at my clamped palms.

"And the second part?" Lisa asked.

Eh? I looked up at her in confusion. I couldn't make out what she was thinking as she stared at me with my infamous poker face. It felt uncomfortable to be at the receiving end of it.

"S-Second part?" I asked her.

"You said there was a lot to say, so I guess there should be more to say."

"O-Oh! Yes, more." I scratched my head. God, I am so bad at this. I looked down again.

"I-I like you. A lot. Not just like, but the other kind of like. I meant the romantic kind, that kind of like. Uh, well, I like-" Before I could even complete my words, I was interrupted when I felt something soft push against my lips. My eyes turned wide as I stared at the beautiful face right in front of me, not even an inch away.

Lisa's lips.

They are against mine.

My brain automatically puffed out.

Everything after that went in autopilot mode. I slowly wrapped my half numb hands around Lisa and pulled her closer before kissing her back. I was feeling so ecstatic that I felt as if I co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter