Three | Part II

Father For His Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello [pfft, the chaps name is hello too xD. (forgive me for my dad jokes)], here is the second part of chapter 2

AND AND AND!! Thank you for 100 subs!!

Hello-II

 

The next day we had an afternoon schedule, so I decided to have the talk with Ayana. The hyungs have been telling me to do this for a while but I always backed off.

The main reason being, I didn’t know how to explain to a five year old kid that she was supposed to be a secret from the world.

I can already imagine the questions she is going to shoot on me. But I can no longer delay this. She needs to know or else it's her I am putting in danger.

“Aya baby, you know appa is an idol, right?” I asked her.

She nodded, making her ponytail bob along with her head.

“And you know appa is known by many?”

She nodded again.

We were sitting on my bed facing each other. Ayana had her Mr. Teddy tucked in her arms making her look adorable as always.

“Appa dances very well.” She said with a large smile.

I chuckled and thanked her softly.

“You know appa is known by many so appa must keep some secrets.”

“Secrets? Why does appa need to keep secrets? Did you do something wrong?”

The question I ask myself daily. If only our ‘fans’ were as smart as my five year old, I wouldn’t need to keep everything under the bay.

“No dear, nothing bad. It’s just there are some people who are not good. They might try to hurt my secrets, and I don’t want that to happen.” I tried to explain.

She turned in an ‘o’ showing me she understood.

“And Ayana, you are my secret,” I whispered.

Her eyes turned wide when she heard what I said.

“So if I tell everyone, that this beautiful girl,” I said as I picked her up in my arms. She giggled as I placed her on my laps. “Is my daughter, the bad people can hurt you.” I made a comical pout to make her feel at ease.

“Oooh. Why will they hurt me? Will they not like me?” her eyes turned sad at the knowledge.

“No baby, that’s not what I meant. You see, they will get jealous of you and can try to hurt you.”

“Jealous? Of me? Why?”

“Because Ayana has such a handsome appa~” I boasted.

She again giggled. Her loud tinkering sound filled the room.

And so I cleared off the issue.

Aya promised to never repeat what she did last night. She would not call me ‘appa’ before people she or I didn’t know.

After that day's shooting I looked into the next schedule and almost immediately groaned.

The next day we had to go to Radio Star shooting. And that leads to my concern- where am I supposed to leave Aya?

There was no way I could risk taking her there. The cast and the staff there are known for pulling idols’ legs into dirt or spilling their secrets.

So Ayana is going nowhere near that place.

“Leave her with your parents like always.” said Jongin.

“No Sherlock. He would have done that even before you used that genius brain of yours.” Jongdae hyung smacked Jongin’s head.

Jongin whined.

“Then why isn’t he sending her there?” Jongin complained.

“Just yesterday they went on a business trip. They came to the dorms to say goodbye! Did you forget already?” Jongdae hyung shouted.

“Ah! Hee hee. I forgot.”

Jondae hyung sighed deeply and just left the kitchen shaking his head.

The manager was sick and the others had to come with us.

God, what is this situation? I groaned.

“Sehun-ah! Your phone!” Kyungsoo hyung shouted from the TV room.

I half ran to pick it up. When I entered the room I saw Tom and Jerry playing on the screen and Ayana was watching it intently along with Soo hyung.

“Who is it?” I whispered, trying not to disturb her.

“Unknown number. Go outside and talk.” Hyung waved his hand.

I quietly left the room as I picked up the call.

“Hello?” I greeted them warily. Is it another sasaeng?

“Oh! Sunbaenim! Hello,” A tinkering voice filled my right ear.

I pulled back and looked at the screen in confusion. Sunbaenim? I pondered who it could be as the only female hoobae, other than Red Velvet, who has my number is Saejong.

Oh! Lisa-ssi!

“Lisa-ssi?” I asked. I could feel my heart jump in anticipation.

“Yes, it’s me.” She confirmed shyly.

“Oh, hello. What is it, Lisa-ssi? How can I help you?”

“Uhmm… Actually you asked me to call you…” she trailed off.

It took me a second to realise that. I smacked my head without making any sound. God, how can I be so absent-minded?

“Yes, I am sorry. It slipped out of my mind.”

“Oh, it’s okay.” Just through her voice it was clear that she was nervous and was feeling very shy talking like this on the phone.

“Well, there is nothing special that needs to be told. I already know you won’t tell anyone about this matter.” I sighed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter