Puzzles

In the bakery.

“What do you mean we can’t be together?”

 

“It won’t work out.”

 

“But why?” 

 

Hitomi could feel her pouting in front of her with her ridiculously cute face, but she ignores her, focusing on the task at hand. The pieces were now organized by color and they were at the stage of putting them in the right places.

 

“We do not sit beside each other in this picture,” she reasons out.

 

She shows her the box, the picture of the members clearly showing how they were on opposite sides of the photo. Their manager gave them a copy of their merchandise which was an IZ*ONE puzzle from their Violeta album photoshoot. 

 

Hitomi starts working on the corner pieces. Then she notices Chaewon nearly destroying the tabs by fitting them wrongly.

 

“Chaewonnie, it’s a puzzle.” Chaewon ignores her in favor of trying to slot an edge piece with what seems to be Hitomi’s dress. “We might destroy the pieces.”

 

“Well whoever made this needs to remake it.” Chaewon gives up on the two pieces and instead fits their dresses together which did slot in but was very loose and uneven.

 

“Are you saying we should retake the photo?” Hitomi raises her eyebrows.

 

“I’m saying they should’ve put us together in the first place,” she argues. Chaewon groans when another piece she forced together pops out of place.

 

Despite her being older, she could be very stubborn and childish. Others would think it’s unfortunate but Hitomi loves that about her. 

 

“After we finish this puzzle, let’s suggest partner shots in the next album so we can have our own picture together.” Chaewon perks up at the offer. “Or we could ask about that magazine offer from our manager.”

 

Chaewon contemplates what she said. After a few seconds she hums in agreement, sitting closer to Hitomi. She gives her a chaste kiss on her cheek and goes back to solving the puzzle, this time properly. 

 

Even when they don’t fit in the puzzle, it doesn’t matter. Because, in real life, there isn’t anyone who could match them better than each other.